I'm the Last One That You'll Ever Remember

Chapter 2: Run

No one dared to move. Everyone was staring back Ville in fear and confusion. Why was he telling them to run? What had happened to him out there? What in the world was going on?!

Frank stepped forward after ripping himself from Vic and Kellin’s grip, his tears were threatening to fall as he pushed himself forward to help his friend onto his feet again. “Ville, p-please.”

“NOO!” Ville screamed at him as he tried to get a grip on his breathing. Without his inhaler, there was a good chance he was going to have an asthma attack. He had to get his breathing under control if he wanted to prevent it. But with what he saw and what happened to him in the woods…he had to warn his friends.

Ville felt the blood drip down his neck to land on the dirt below his hands and knees. “I said go! GO NOW! NOW!!”

All of a sudden, the sound of incoming danger was heading through the woods towards them. Then it was all around them; sounds of hooting and hollering, but hundreds of them. The group of boys had a look of dread on their faces at who could possibly be coming for them. Jacoby was the only one not interested in finding out and began shouting over the noise. “RUN EVERYBODY RUN!!”

The young boys were jerked into running mode, only it was too late. Out of nowhere people wearing masks came jumping out of the forest around them with a different kinds of melee weapons. Jacoby and Adam were grabbed from behind by a guy with blond hair and a black mask, and a guy with brown curls with a blue mask.

“Get your motherfucking hands off me!!” Jacoby shouted at his attacker as he struggled to get out of his captor’s hold, only he wasn’t strong enough to escape.

“Let us go, you asshole!” Adam seconded, before feeling a big meaty arm wrap itself around his neck and lift him off the floor.

Before they could do anything, Vic and Bert were tackled from behind and held down by a guy with purple hair and an orange mask and a guy with pink hair with a teal mask.

Bert and Vic struggled to get up but couldn’t budge the weight off them as they were gagged and bound by a small handful of masked female accomplices that came trailing behind the men.

“VIC NOO!” Kellin screamed as he rushed to save his boyfriend. Pete and Quinn were quick to grab him and hold him back, despite his struggling.

“Don’t Kellin!” Pete warned him, but Kellin wouldn’t listen. The love of his life was being held down by some brute and lord knows what harm they’ll do to him!

The rest of the young boys were too afraid to move, and so they merely stood there frozen to the ground. Vic, Adam, Jacoby, and Bert were apprehended firmly by their attackers who didn’t seem interested in the rest of the young lads since they looked like easy prey. Quinn and Pete kept their hold on Kellin while trying to completely shield Patrick and Frank who were huddled together directly behind them; out of sight. Frank peeked up from around Quinn to see a guy with a motorcycle helmet come out of the woods followed by a guy with vibrant red hair and a yellow mask.

The man with the helmet pulled out a gun and slowly pointed at Quinn, Pete and Kellin. “Keep your mouth shut, and I won’t kill you, simple as that.”

The man in red stepped ahead and looked through the group of young men that were gagged, taking his time in studying them. The man had on a black leather jacket and some grey washed up jeans with some black combat boots, and gloves. He didn’t look scary with the mask on but considering their situation and the severity of it, the man in the red hair was Michael Myers in the flesh.

Quinn took that opportunity to look behind him to make sure Patrick and Frank were still ok, before turning back around. “Quietly you guys, get out of here while they’re distracted.”

“No!” Patrick whimpered out loudly, causing Quinn and Pete to shush him.

“Baby please, I need you to listen. You have to go and get help. No one is gonna see you. Please go.” Pete quietly pleaded, his voice cracking at the end as he and Quinn continue to hold onto Kellin who was still determined on reaching his boyfriend despite his weakening state.

“I-I can’t Pete. Please don’t ask me to do it.” Patrick managed to say before he broke down in silent tears.

“Go, escape while there’s still ti-“

Patrick let out a scream as he is suddenly grabbed from behind by a man in a brown coat, khaki’s and a scarecrow looking burlap mask. It literally scared the shit out of Frank that he started screaming and backed up out of the group, until he lost his footing and fell onto his back. Pete lost it and he and Quinn attempted to get the man off of tiny Patrick. In no time, they were all apprehended, bound and gagged. Everyone’s eyes were on Frank at this point, since he was the only prey that had not been secured.

The man with the red hair looked over to see the commotion and realized there were two other smaller boys hidden behind the three taller guys. His green eyes narrowed on the small boy with dark hair covering his face as he crawled towards his friend that they had met earlier in the woods. With a sigh, the man in the yellow mask raised a hand to stop the others from grabbing Frank. Instead, the man with the red hair went forward to retrieve the boy. The redhead unsheathed his knife, just in case.

Frank tried to wipe his tears but he couldn’t because he was determined to reach Ville. “Ville please, get up.” Frank croaked, needing somebody to be by his side through this.

Ville shook his head as he laid face down on the ground. “I can’t without m-my inhaler. Please, y-you have to go. He’s coming for you.”

Frank looked behind him to see the man in red hair heading towards him with a knife. Frank’s eyes widen as he let out a scream and ran into the woods. The forest was so dark he couldn’t see the branches hitting him in the face, or the logs and roots sticking out of the ground trying to knock him down. He ran and ran for what felt like forever until he finally tripped and fell into some mud. Frank laid there and sobbed quietly to himself, his energy completely drained from everything that’s happened.

He had ran out of that campsite and left his friends there all alone to die by those people! Frank shook his head as he clenched his fist. No, he wasn’t going to sit here and cry. He had to do something. He had to find some help. He had to find some kind of river and follow it to some nearby house or something and call for help. Frank got up and continue to run until he heard the sound of moving water. Just when he was about to step forward, Frank felt a solid body tackle him from behind. The force pushed Frank through a few bushes and into the waters of the river below, all the while never letting go of him. Their bodies were incase in cold river water that was luckily shallow enough that Frank came up sputtering in mere seconds. Frank got a quick glimpse of the red hair man rising out of the water before he grabbed the nearest weapon he could find which turned out to be a short but thick stick on the river bank.

The red haired man tackled him back down under the water before Frank could take a swing at him. Grabbing him by the collar, the redhead pulled his captive up out of the water and raised his arm back to hit him in the face, but then he looked down and got a clear view of the runaway’s face. The water had pulled every strand off Frank’s face so nothing could hide his features from the redhead man. Coincidentally, he just so happened to be in the perfect position for the moonlight to cast a spotlight on his face, revealing all his perfection to his kidnapper’s fascinated eyes. The redhead man stared down at literally the most beautiful, captivating, creature he had yet to see in his lifetime. Green eyes softened in wonder as they were held bewitched by the embodiment of perfection and beauty…that he never saw the stick coming for him. Frank swung as hard as he could at that moment with all his strength and whacked the redhead man on the side of the head. The redhead man grunted and fell completely off Frank and into the water next to him. Frank used the last of his strength to get out of the water. Unfortunately, the weight of his drenched clothes only slowed him down. A man in black with a rainbow Mohawk appeared in front of Frank out of nowhere. Frank let out a gasp, and just as the redhead man looked up, he saw something happen that he swore from that day forward, he’d never allow ANYONE to ever do again.

The Mohawk hair man ruthlessly backhanded Frank with a force so strong you’d think he would have snapped Frank’s neck for sure. If that wasn’t enough, the force was so great it had knocked Frank back, making him fall and knock his head on a large river rock. The redhead watched in fury as Frank floated face down in the water, completely knocked out. The man with the rainbow Mohawk took a step into the water towards the floating body, causing the redhead man to launch forward and lift Frank’s body into his arms, holding the small body greedily to his chest. With his other hand, the redhead reached for his knife and pointed it at the neck of the man with the rainbow hawk, damn near cutting his throat.

His comrade almost fell back against the riverbank in surprise, before glaring at the redhead menacingly. “You can’t just call dibs on them yet! It hasn’t been decided.”

“Trust me, it has.” The redhead seethed.