I'm the Last One That You'll Ever Remember

Chapter 210: Build Some Kind Of Bridge

Sometime during their nightly chore of filling out the Day Care’s forms for both Jovani and Milo, Gerard finally released a yawn that he’d been holding back since they sat down at the dining table together. Exhaustion was hitting him earlier than he needed it to considering he wasn’t yet done filling out Milo’s paperwork, but he’d spend all day playing and running after screaming toddlers that all that energy that had been expended was catching up to him.

Peering up from Jovani’s form, Frank smiled tenderly at his husband’s heavy lids and slouching form. The man was sapped from being a productive father today, Frank could see that. Not wanting him to keep Gerard awake any longer, he softly suggested from his seat beside him. “Gee, you’re tired. How about you go up to bed and get some shut eye? I can finish up from here.”

“I’m halfway done though.” Gerard answered groggily, dropping his pen to rub both of his eyes at the same time. Unleashing a greater yawn, he quickly finished before his words became incoherent at the peak of the next yawn. “Besides, we still have to finish Lorenzo’s and Venetia’s application form just in case they get a day off from school when we’re working.”

His husband had a good point, but Frank wasn’t willing to reconsider his proposal. And according to all the forms they had ahead of them to fill out, neither was Gerard. Knowing that he had to come up with something to fully convince his husband to go to bed before he fell asleep at the dining table right next to him, a lightbulb flicked on in Frank’s head. Biting on his lower lip to keep from smiling mischievously, Frank leaned over the table and whispered. “Gee baby?”

“Hmm?” Gerard answered back, his light brown eyes not fully shut as he picked up his pen in determination to see these forms completely filled out.

“You either go upstairs and get your ass to bed right now, or…” Frank trailed off, his tone switching to one filled with sexual seduction only for his husband. “Or you won’t wake up to me sucking you off under the covers later on tonight.”

Gerard’s eyes shot open so fast it took everything for the younger male not to laugh out loud. Snapping his eyes to his husband, he whispered huskily as the erotic vision of Frank’s pink lips wrapped around his engorged erection illustrated itself into his mind as clear as day. “You…you mean that?”

“There’s only one way to find out, Gee. So go to bed and we’ll see where tonight takes us.” Frank advised him with a flirty wink followed by his tongue poking out from between his lips to lick along them in lustful promise.

Succumbing to Frank’s sensual vow to him, Gerard launched to his feet, nearly knocking his chair back had he not reached behind him to tuck it back under the table. “Say no more.” Leaning down to give his husband a kiss goodnight, Gerard mumbled against his lips. “Mmm, don’t take too long.”

“I won’t. I’m craving a midnight snack very soon.” Frank told him, laughing when his husband zoomed up the stairs, taking two steps at time. Once Gerard rounded the landing, he was gone from his husband’s sight, leaving him in total silence as he picked up his pen to jot down more information on Jovani.

Frank’s hand swiftly filled out the blanks and checked the boxes that were necessary, but his mind was on a whole other matter. Namely, his last encounter with Kobra, or Michael Way at the Cafe in Gerard’s bookstore.

The meeting between him and his brother-in-law hadn’t developed the way Frank had hoped it would. He couldn’t remember how long the two had spoken in each other’s company, only that when Michael walked away he was left unharmed, and hadn’t had his life threatened once. Frank had been addressed like he was just some typical dude meeting up with another fellow typical dude over coffee. Nothing about Michael that day blared that he was an outstanding serial killer hiding in plain sight…then again Gerard didn’t exactly excrete that notion either when they ‘first’ met when he just a babysitter.

Gerard REALLY wanted his brother in his life. Now that he had a husband, and children of his own, he wanted to share that with the only blood relative he had left on the planet…and Frank wasn’t sure he’d be able to deny him that wish. There was nothing wrong with wanting a relative to coexist with a spouse and vice versa. It was a basic natural thing to desire. But when it came to Gerard and Michael, and where they both came from…it was asking a whole lot for an everyday parent just trying to raise his kids and protect them from the bad people of the world much like whom their father used to be.

And now, Gerard was really putting the pressure on Frank to accept Michael into his life too?

Was it really worth the risk to put his family’s life on the line by allowing a murderer into their home to fraternize with their children?

Yes, Kobra had claimed he had already met both Milo and Jovani when he’d tracked his brother down to find him. No harm had come to either one of his little boys in the end, not a hair out of place, or a drop of blood on their clothes which had been a reoccurring nightmare Frank used to have when he first became a parent. The thought of his children being thrown into that world their father lived in at the time. They were innocent children and both Gerard and Frank wanted a normal life for all of them.

As distressing as the thought of Michael meeting his two kids behind his back had been, Gerard had sworn to him he had never shown his face again. That meeting had been the last and since then, Michael hadn’t stolen a chance to see his other nieces and nephew. Frank had been shocked that he hadn’t since from what Gerard told him his brother seemed highly interested in meeting them too.

Michael has the powers to come kicking down the front door of their home like a can opener to a can of tuna, yet and still he has yet to make that disruptive move?

Why?

Gerard told him it was because Michael didn’t plan to cross paths with their children behind his back anymore. Frank hadn’t believed it then, but he did now after their encounter. So…if Kobra truly has no intention of harming his children…and had Gerard’s complete and utter trust in that…and if Frank truly loved his husband and wanted to make him happy…perhaps…

Perhaps Frank should consider meeting up with Michael one of these days?

If so, where?

Obviously it would have to be somewhere in public just in the case the worst were to happen. And of course he’d need someone there to protect him in case that worst were to happen. Say, his husband.

But when should Frank set up this meeting?

Frank pondered on that question the longest. It got him pondering that perhaps the perfect gift for Gerard wouldn’t be to go to Comic-Con for his birthday. Maybe the perfect gift would be to have his brother attend the very same convention along with them.

Glancing down at his phone sitting on the table besides these applications, Frank chewed on his bottom lip for a moment before picking it up. He took his time going through the contact list until he reached the name ‘Gee’s Brother’. It was the contact containing Michae’ls number.

“Holy shit, am I really about to do this right now?” Frank asked himself softly, not believing that this is where he was now. After all he’s been through with this Killjoy madness, he’s about to call their leader to invite him to a convention in Los Angeles, California for his brother’s birthday?

Frank’s mind flew back to Gerard and where he was upstairs, probably asleep by now. Being the dirty-minded person he was, he reminisces on the many things they’ve done together in that bed. Gerard disrupting him from folding laundry in the bedroom during the kid’s naptime to pull his pants down and eat him out over their bed. The times they made love in their closet while the children were watching movies downstairs, Frank’s hands clinging to the clothes bar in between their shirts while Gerard rammed up into him as fast as he could while he kept his legs around him. A few nights ago the couple had come out of the bathroom nakedly locked together, silently lowering themselves to the floor to make love while the twins slept in their cribs not even a few feet away. And the time Frank blew his husband in the rocking chair beside the twin’s cribs after tending to their needs.

Right now Gerard was asleep upstairs, but internally waiting on him to fulfill his promise of blowing him later. Frank was just as eager if not more to fill his throat with his husband's rigid cock too and have him blow his load all over his face, but that opportunity would have to be earned. And Frank was gonna earn it by calling his husband’s brother tonight and attempting to build some kind of bridge between the two of them. Praying he wouldn’t regret doing this, Frank took a deep breath before making the call.