I'm the Last One That You'll Ever Remember

Chapter 213: He Could Almost Cry

Planting his hands on his husband’s shoulder to conclude his hasty paranoid rambling, Frank muted him from continuing on.

Here they were in front of the Comic-Con convention in California for Gerard’s birthday trip having a brief dialogue on Michael Way’s quick appearance. Instead of relishing all that the convention had to offer one that loved comic books, TV shows, films and superheroes, they were standing outside all the fun. There was no way Frank was gonna let this discussion persist and spoil his husband’s birthday! “NO! Gee, please stop talking! Let me explain, will you?”

Gerard clamped his mouth shut as he stared down at his husband who was supposed to be the Carnage to his Venom costume theme for Comic-Con. He shuffled in place as he glanced around over Frank’s shoulder, unintentionally catching the eye of his brother portrayed as the Anti-Venom to his Venom. Shooting his brother a glare for his well thought out attire, Gerard softened his gaze when it returned to his husband, and gave him a docile nod. “Okay. Okay, I’ll shut up. Go on, baby.”

Sliding his hands along Gerard’s shoulder to cup the back of his biceps, Frank expounded into the enigma of Michael dropping in on his brother’s birthday. “I invited Michael here behind your back for your birthday. It all started sometime ago…I got to pondering about what you had said the last few times we’ve talked about him. I’m well aware that Michael means a lot to you…though I’m sure no one would be able to guess that with the way you two treat each other.” Frank added that last part under his breath before advancing on. “I was trying to, you know, build a bridge between me and your brother by inviting him here, and I don’t know, maybe one day we could end up…forging a friendship or something. I’m trying to give Michael a chance here, the one you wanted me to give to him all along.”

Stunned by Frank’s efforts into getting to know his brother, Gerard was struck speechless. He was so moved by this information he could almost cry.

Almost.

Licking his lips, Gerard set his hands on his husband’s hips and inquired faintly with a lace of doubt in his voice. “Frankie, I…do you really mean it? Are you really about to give my brother a chance?”

“I do mean it, hubster.” Frank assured him with a tender smile. His hands ascended to cup Gerard’s face as his hazel eyes took in his gorgeous beauty. “Gerard, I honestly just want you to be as happy as you make me. I love you so much that I’m even willing to jeopardize my sanity by going against my gut instinct in order to make this work out.”

With his lingering doubt now expunged, Gerard was overwhelmed by such profound euphoria. Swathing his arms around his young lover, the larger of the two walked the other backwards until they made contact with the wall behind him. Swooping his head down, Gerard captured Frank’s lips with his own and plundered his mouth with his tongue in gratitude for going against the impossible for him.

As the couple heavily made out against the building like a bunch of hungry coyotes, a few catcalls were hailed out to the passionately engrossed spouses, but none were heard by them. All Gerard and Frank could hear were their own heavy breathing exhaled through their noses, lips smacking against the others every time they parted for a second of air, and soft moans whenever they delved back in for more.

“Alright you two, get a room!” A female voice ordered them in amusement before a hand slapped itself down on Gerard’s shoulder, garnering his attention from his husband.

Breaking the kiss with the intention of threatening the person who dared to lay a hand on him when he was in the throes of making out with his Frankie, Gerard let out a growl as he glared over his shoulder at the culprit. The culprit was a woman dressed up as Storm from the X-Men with now both hands on her hips. It took him only a second to recognize her. “Masika?”

“I go by Storm now.” Masika quipped with a merry smile. She kept her costume minimal with subtle neutral makeup, a long voluminous white wig that fell down her behind, white eye contacts, a black crown, a black one piece bathing suit that had a silver ring to connect the top and bottom half together, thigh high black heel boots, and a black cape with gold edges that connected to the thick golden bangles on her wrists.

Turning halfway towards her, Gerard looked her up and down before shaking his head at her. “I should’ve known my brother would’ve brought you along too.”

“Well yeah, I am pregnant, you know.” Masika reminded him, arching a brow. “He best be bringing me along wherever he damn well goes!”

Freeing his other hand from his husband, Gerard stepped aside to introduce the two of them properly. “Frankie, this is my sister-in-law, Masika. Masika, this is my husband, Frank.”

“Hey, it’s nice to meet you.” Masika smiled at Frank before offering a smile as Michael walked over to them, sensing it was safe enough now. Of course, she already knew Gerard’s husband. But that was a different time then. That was when she was Sable of the Killjoys. Now, she was Masika, Michael’s fiance and mother to their child. If you ask her, she was meeting Frank for the first time…sorta.

Frank stared down at the dainty hand stretched out to him, and found himself unable to take it.

Why you may ask?

Well, it was because her hand belonged to a Killjoy.

Feeling like trash because he had just told his husband he was gonna try and accept his Killjoy brother a second ago, Frank struggled to clarify to the group what his issue was this time. “I-I’m sorry. I can’t…that is…well…”

Taking Masika’s hand in his and giving it a hearty shake, Gerard elected to come to Frank’s rescue. “Sorry, Masika. It’s not you, it’s just…he’s still working on acclimating to my brother and all.”

Masika held both hands up in understanding. “Hey, say less. I get it. Take all the time you need. I ain’t going anywhere.”

“You’re damn right, you’re not.” Michael backed, draping his arm around her shoulder and pulling her close to his side where she would always belong for as long as he lived.

Inspecting Masika’s outfit once more, Gerard frowned. “You know what? You should’ve shown up as Storm yesterday.”

Frowning back at him, Masika inquired as she looped her arm around Michael’s waist. “Why yesterday? What’s wrong with today? Today's perfect!”

“Because Frank and I went as Wolverine and Gambit yesterday.” Gerard told her, gesturing to himself and his husband who have so far kept their Comic-Con costumes on par with each other. “You would’ve fit right in!”

“Are you fucking serious!?” Masika gasped, raising a hand to her lips as she stared at Gerard wide-eyed. Her hand then curled into a fist of irritation. “Oh my fucking god! I can’t believe I missed an opportunity to match with you guys, cause right now I feel like the odd bitch out!”

“You sure are.” Michael agreed with a nod as his eyes perused his fiance over for the 50th time that day.

Shooting her fiance a glare, Masika launched an elbow into his side for not telling her what his brother was gonna wear today. “Fuck you, Mikey! I blame you for this!”

“What!?” Michael exclaimed in disbelief, not seeing how any of this was his fault. “Why the hell me?”

“I blame him too!” Gerard concurred, trying to create bad blood for this little brother.

Yanking his own mask off his face, Michael cursed them all. “Oh, go fucking screw yourselves!”

Everyone in the group laughed aloud except for Frank. He stood by his husband, studying the three interacting with each other like…normal people.

“Hey, do y’all know a place nearby where we can eat?” Masika cut in. “Or maybe just sit somewhere.”

“We found a pretty private spot here yesterday actually. Follow me, I remember where it is.” Gerard announced before taking Frank’s hand in his and leading their group into the Comic-Con Convention.