I'm the Last One That You'll Ever Remember

Chapter 215: Avengers Day

The fifth and final day of Comic-Con was dubbed the Avengers Day. Masika chose to dress as Black Widow, minus the short red-headed wig. She preferred her natural ebony curls instead, and no one could refute who she was cosplaying as. Michael went as the Almighty Thor, also scrapping the idea of rocking a shoulder-length blond wig. Gerard Way donned the Iron Man costume along the helmet, though he mostly toted that piece around under his arm. Frank went as Hawkeye, and if you asked Gerard he was the sexiest Hawkeye to ever grace the Convention in human history.

Consorting by one of the walls, both Gerard and Michael leaned back to gaze at their respective lovers across the room. Masika was assisting Frank in getting as many pictures of the other Comic-Con characters on his phone so he could share them with his kids when they got back from Gerard’s birthday trip. It was a charming sight, with everyone laughing among the two as they came and went for photos. Masika and Frank were highly impressed by the amount of money, time and thought that went behind so many cool costumes. It was truly magnifying to them!

Gerard would’ve found it magnifying too. But there was something badgering his mind that wouldn’t give him a moment's break. Now that he was alone with his brother without the other two close by to overhear, he felt this was the moment to alleviate some of that burden weighing on his shoulder. “Mikey, can I ask you something?”

Leaning against the wall with his arms crossed over his chest in the same pose as his brother, Michael spoke without glancing away from his giddy fiance shaking hands with some guy dressed extraordinarily like Predator. “Ask away, Birthday Boy.”

“What the fuck is going on with Pastel?” Gerard demanded to know, his light brown eyes darkening with hatred for the intrusive woman that had become the biggest thorn in his side. Even saying her name made him wish he brought his bowie knife so he could go on a murder spree in the state of California.

Arching a brow at Gerard, Michael gave him an analytical look. “You mean other than her being fully pregnant with your baby?”

Becoming rigid from shock that his brother knew about that secret, Gerard jerked himself off the wall to confront his laid-back brother who was back to vigilantly watching his fiance now meeting two guys doubling in a remarkably huge Alien costume together. Hissing under his breath, Gerard snarled to him. “She told you that?!”

Not blinking at his brother impolitely congesting his space, Michael casually replied. “I overheard her rambling like a crazy woman in her room one night. I was gonna kill her for cutting Masika, but…she was gone out the window and into the night somewhere the moment I kicked her fucking door down.”

Gerard let out a sigh of defeat, having his anger being completed deflated out of him. Returning his back to the wall, his light brown eyes dropping to the linoleum beneath their feet, he was speechless. He had no idea what he was supposed to say next.

Would Michael judge him if he told him the truth of the situation from his perspective?

“I don’t want her baby.” Gerard confessed softly, and a bit shamefully for not feeling as abominable of a person as he should. He fathered a baby with her. It was his responsibility to be there for that baby. Only, he didn’t want to. He was a father to his now six kids with his husband. Those were the only children that were his. Those were the only children he would ever recognize.

Shrugging nonchalantly, Michael responded. “Okay.”

Taken aback by his brother’s simple reply, Gerard’s head snapped in his direction with a bewildered expression on his face. “Seriously? Shouldn’t you be getting on my case for feeling like this towards that child when it is still half mine?”

“If you don’t see that spawn as your baby then I don’t see it as your baby. Seems simple as that to me.” Michael expounded further, turning his cool gaze to his brother. “Besides, no one can blame you. Who wants to be the father of Pastel’s baby? She’s a fucking loon if you ask me.”

“You’re not lying there.” Gerard concurred with a nod. His eyes drifted over to his husband who was taking a group photo of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, and next in line some My Little Ponies for their children. It warmed his heart that he was trying to make this day about what their kids wanted to see rather than himself. He was the best parent any kid could ever ask for, unlike Pastel who was a lunatic beyond help. All he had to do was think back to the antics she’s pulled on him since finding out she was pregnant to remind him of that. Perhaps one of those recent antics was something also worth mentioning to his brother as well. “Pastel showed up at my house before we left for Comic-Con.”

Having to do a double-take because he almost didn’t believe him, Michael gaped at him through wide eyes. “Fucking hell!?”

“Tell me about it!” Gerard nodded in agreement before shaking his head at Pastel’s growing audacity. She was truly getting worse. It has already gotten to the point where she crossed the line of no return. For her child’s sake, a part of him didn’t want to have to murder her. He’s had opportunities, but didn’t take them. He just wanted Pastel to leave him the hell alone and let him be a father to his six kids with Frank. Was that too much to ask?

Astounded by this news, Michael shook his head in wonder at Pastel’s newest attempt. “Jesus Christ, what the hell is that woman thinking showing up like that?”

Gerard shook his head too as he flexed his hands to keep them from curling into those lethal fists that had taken many lives before. “I don’t know. But I don’t like it one fucking bit, Mikey.”

“Again, who can blame you?” Michael sighed heavily, his eyes returning to his fiance who was now taking some photos of Frank and the whole Spongebob gang. “Pastel is becoming unhinged, Gerard. She’s likely to end up becoming a danger to you and Frank one of these days if she isn’t stopped sooner or later.”

Letting out an irritable groan, Gerard rubbed a rough hand over his face. That’s exactly what he didn’t want to have to hear, yet he already knew it was a pragmatic circumstance. With the way things were escalating with her, she was going to do something drastic in the future, and it might not be something Gerard will be able to fend off from his family. So far, luck has only been on his side.

But for how much longer?

Gerard wasn’t stupid enough to believe he could barricade his family from the truth. It would be awesome if he could, but it wasn't practical. He had to keep his focus on the worst case scenario as if it was about to happen any second, that way he’d always be ready. That worst case scenario is Frankie finding out about Pastel and the baby she was carrying, and then leaving him for it.

NO!

No, Gerard wasn’t going to let this happen! As long as he lives and breathes, his husband would never know about her or that bastard baby! He wasn’t going to lose him or his family to his greatest mistake no matter how much of a monster it made him look to disavow his second ‘family’. Gerard battled through hell to make himself into the man that Frank deserved and wasn’t gonna let anyone or anything get in the way of that!

Turning to his brother with his shoulder now leaning on the wall, Gerard asked. “Mikey, could you do me a favor? Could you keep an eye on her for me?”

Michael winced to himself. His brother was asking a lot of him, once again. As much as he loved the big guy, this was a request he wouldn’t be able to fulfill even if he wanted to. “Yeaaaaah, I won’t be able to do that for you, big brother.”

Annoyed that he wasn’t gonna get the help he needed from the only person who could offer it, Gerard glared at him with a furious frown twisting his mouth. “Are you fucking kidding me?!”

“Nope.” Michael replied, popping the p. Locking eyes with Gerard, he said. “I ain’t kidding you.”

Huffing like a spoiled child being denied for the very first time in their life, Gerard glanced away before returning his eyes back to his brother, extremely peeved. “Why the fuck not?!”

Michael too wanted to huff and puff that they were even having this conversation at the end of his brother’s birthday trip which had gone off splendidly! “Pastel disappeared the day she cut my fiance. The Killjoys have been hunting for her ever since. So far no one has been able to locate her whereabouts.”