I'm the Last One That You'll Ever Remember

Chapter 217: Insufferable Pregnant Stalkers

After Comic-Con was officially over, the weekend of Gerard’s birthday week was spent touring California along with Masika and Michael. Despite the fact that Masika was a murderous Killjoy, Frank found himself becoming closer to her and constantly forgetting that she was a person that had committed crimes when she wasn’t walking around like a normal everyday person. She was such a warm and exciting woman that it made one completely overlook who she truly was and where she came from.

When it came to Frank and Gerard’s brother, Michael, their newly formed bond had slightly improved. He can talk with the younger brother without feeling the need to latch onto his husband’s arm for protection just in case. Yet and still, he preferred to have his husband around.

Overall, the foursome were getting along quite well which came as a shock to Frank when he realized it. All three of the Killjoys behaved like typical average people to him, not at all a trio of homicidal maniacs. When the day came for the group to split up and return back to New Jersey, Frank strangely found himself missing Masika most of all.
_____________________________________________________________________________
Arriving back at their large home in New Jersey, Gerard fished into his pants pocket for the house key. His husband was corralling some of his things from the rental car parked in the driveway. Sticking the key into the lock to disengage it, the weight of Gerard’s hand turned the door handle down, signaling that the door was already unlocked.

Unlocked?

Immediately becoming vigilant to some possible danger lurking on the other side of the front door for them, and then becoming worried because his husband was present on the property and could be subjected to harm from some intruder inside, Gerard made his decision to move fast and eliminate anything or anyone that was within their home before it could touch his husband. Entering the house and shutting the door swiftly and soundlessly behind him, Gerard could see even though the lights were off that there was a trail of dried up rose petals leading towards the stairs. The rest of the place looked like the same mundane state they left it in.

Now Gerard didn’t have to be told that his husband wasn’t responsible for the rose petals being sprinkled on the floor. Neither did he have a hand in it either which meant someone else had broken into their home and helped themselves with vandalizing it during their absence.

Venturing further into the dark silent home, Gerard inspected the ground floor first for any signs of intruders with their biggest kitchen knife in his hand. He found no such individual nor any evidence that anyone had spent any real time on the ground floor.

“Oh, Gee!” Frank’s voice gasped from the doorway of the house.

Alarm devoured Gerard almost into a disintegrated puddle of anxiety when he heard his husband’s voice. He was too late in finding out any further information on their break-in. Striding back to the hallway that traveled all the way to the front door, Gerard stood at its end with the kitchen blade hidden behind his back to find his husband grinning as he set some of their bags on the floor beside the door. “What is it?”

“This!” Frank gestured with a sweep of his arm to the dehydrated flower petals before his feet, his hazel eyes shining with love for his thoughtful husband and the romantic gesture he’d done for him. “What’s this all about? Did you not get enough ass during your birthday week?”

The panic crushing Gerard’s esophagus slackened its hold upon his realization that his husband thought HE had sprinkled the rose petals throughout their house. Mouth opening and closing, he uttered a soft sound. “Huh?”

Placing his hands on his hips, Frank arched a brow at his husband in warning. “Playing dumb, Gee? This better not be one of your attempts to get another damn baby out of me. I already gave you six!”

Pretending to chuckle off the sternness of Frank’s false accusation, Gerard shrugged as he slowly made his way closer to the end of the stairs where the rose petals led upstairs. “Damn! Foiled again!”

“Your horny sonofabitch!” Frank scolded him with a laugh before indicating with his finger to the bags he’d dumped by the doorway. “Take these damn bags upstairs, will you? Imma go order pizza for dinner so the kids will have something to devour when they get back from their grandparents. They’ll be coming by soon to drop them off.”

“Anything you want, my love!” Gerard promised, watching his husband walk back outside and shut the front door behind him. Speedily, he strode to the front door, plucked the two bags up and began his journey upstairs, following the rose petals. Setting the bags in the hallway, Gerard produced the kitchen knife tucked in his back pocket and began an intensive search of the second floor. The rose petals led only to the master bedroom, but he had to be sure his children’s room weren’t booby trapped.

Once those rooms were cleared of any conceivable danger, Gerard pursued the trail of rose petals again into his bedroom. On his made bed, the petals were scattered about around a petal-shaped heart in the center. Within the heart were ultrasound photos that Gerard knew by heart weren't any of Frank’s.

Light brown eyes widened from the horrific realization of whom they likely belonged to, Gerard furiously snatched them up from his comforters that he shared with his husband and read the name printed on the photos.

Lindsey.

Pastel!

Of all the insufferable pregnant stalkers ever documented in the records of human history!

Gerard was about two seconds from losing his mind in a boisterous temper tantrum that likely would have swiftly attracted his husband’s attention and thus these ultrasound photos, when he heard a sound he didn’t recognize at first.

“Gee!” Frank hollered to him from downstairs, standing at the bottom of the steps. He didn’t hear a word back, frowned to himself, then proceeded up the stairs. “Gee? You up there?”

Oh, no…!

“Give me a minute!” Gerard hollered back, nearly pulling at his own hair as he began to come apart. His husband was coming and the evidence of an affair of sorts was perfectly arranged on their marriage bed for him to see! “Fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck!”

Scrambling like a madman to snag up the last few photos off the bed and into his clutches, Gerard revolved around in place to locate the ideal spot to stash them away from his husband.

“Gee?” Frank’s voice called from down the hall, his shoes sounding on the hardwood floor as he headed straight for their bedroom. “Baby?”

The sounds of Frank’s footsteps echoing down the hallway had Gerard panting with fright that there wasn’t a place he could stash them! Pushed to pick a random site, he opted to cram them into his sock drawers before slamming it shut. Turning around, he discovered he have dropped one of the photos on the floor along the way just as the bedroom door opened and his husband strolled in.

“Gee, wh-” Frank’s words were caught off on a gasp when he saw the heart made up by rose petals on the center of their bed. A hand came up to his mouth, a grin forming on his face as he looked at his husband. “They’re in here too? Jesus, man, you need some serious mental help over this baby-making obsession you have!”

“Y-Yeah, I guess you can say I do.” Gerard agreed, scratching the back of his head as his foot kicked the last ultrasound photo under the bed and out of sight.

The doorbell interrupted the couple, prompting Frank to bark out an order to him. “Shit, do me a favor and clean up all these rose petals before Milo tries to eat all of them.”

“Aye aye, Captain!” Gerard saluted his husband as he watched him roll his eyes and leave the bedroom. Expelling a breath he’d been holding, he ran a hand through his hair and turned to scoop the rose petals off his bed and into a small trash can they kept in the bathroom. Downstairs he could hear his quiet life become saturated with the sounds of many children's shouts, chatter, and laughter. Eager to see his babies and be with his husband again, Gerard swiftly swept up the mess in the bedroom, down the hall and then down the stairs where he was met by a screaming horde of ‘DADDY!’ It was a sound that would stress some parents out, but for him it was the sweetest most fulfilling music to his ears.