I'm the Last One That You'll Ever Remember

Chapter 22: Former Soldier

Kobra let out another heavy sigh as he closed his eyes in disappointment. Dash’s prize had also escaped while they were out hunting a runaway. What else could go wrong?

“Your prize escaped.” Kobra repeated to himself sarcastically.

Dash nodded in confirmation to Kobra’s statement, but ignored his sarcastic tone. “Yeah, she was the one that was kicked out of the army and was on the run for lying about her fellow soldiers raping her and getting them locked up for it.”

Kobra nodded too, not actually caring who the hell she was. What he DID care about was his suffering blue balls and calming his brother down so he would get out of his room. But then something came to him. “Wait, you said your prize was former military, right?”

Dash nodded. “Yeah, and apparently she was one of the good ones before they found out about her lies, and released the wrongfully accused soldiers from behind bars.”

Kobra thought a little more about it before making the connection to Frank’s sudden disappearance. “Alright, this is what I want you do, Dash. Listen carefully, go and gather both Jet and Drummer. I want you all waiting for me at the front door ready to go hunting when I’m done here, do you understand me?”

“Yeah I got it.” Dash nodded before heading back down the hall to find the two other Killjoys.

Kobra went back into his room and shut the door behind him before facing his impatiently pacing older brother. “Poison, I believe you now. In fact, I believe Frank might have been taken from your room.”

Poison’s head snapped towards his brother’s direction with a surprised look on his face before it shifted back into anger and vengeance. “I don’t give a flying fuck whether you believe me or not, Kobra.”

“You should give a fuck, especially because I know who took your precious Black Opal from you.” Kobra revealed, watching his brother halt in his pacing and his fists close in a tight grip at the same time.

Poison turned to face him, his fury making his red hair look even brighter today than it was before. The thought that someone had entered his room and took his Frank was almost too much for him to bear, and knowing that it evidently happened only pushed him further to his breaking point. “Who the FUCK entered my room and took what’s mine?”

Kobra knew that if he wasn’t Poison’s brother, he would be up against the nearest wall hanging off the ground right now. But because he was, Kobra was the only one that was able to push Poison to his limits but right now, he needed Poison more than Frank did. “I have an assignment for you. It’s one that you’re going to want to take.”

Poison’s brow furrowed in suspicion, uncertain of where his brother was going with the new subject change. As much as it sounded like his brother wasn’t going to help him by telling him who had Frank, Poison knew better. Kobra always had his back, no matter what. “What assignment?”

“Stopping an escaped prize.” Kobra explained further, watching his brother’s anger fade in the blink of an eye.

“Frank…?”

Kobra shook his head. “Not exactly, but still a connection to him.”

Poison’s eyes widen as he began to catch on to what his brother was saying to him. “I’ll do it.”

Kobra smiled at him. “I know you will. The prize once belonged to Dash. She’s former military and was last seen in Dash’s room before we all left. I believe she may have some important information on your Black Opal, like maybe his whereabouts.”

Poison took a strong, and confident step forward as he spat in hatred. “Tell me where she is and I’ll deliver her carcass before nightfall.”

“To find her you must join with Dash, Jet and Drummer for this assignment. I’ve also ordered them to hunt her down and anyone else that could have seen her or spoken to her. You know the steps that need to be carried out to ensure the Killjoy’s safety.”

Poison didn’t like the idea of joining Dash for this hunt, but he was going to force himself to bite back his tongue if it’ll help get Frank back to him. Poison reluctantly nodded in acceptance. Kobra gave him another smile before personally escorting him to the front of the house where Jet, Drummer and Dash stood by the front door disguised to blend in with the outside world. Dash and Poison instantly started glaring each other down from a distance, until Kobra stepped forward to catch them up on their mission.

“Ok boys, let me fill you in. Earlier today while we were all out gutting that runaway, Dash’s prize escaped from upstairs with our trouble making Black Opal. Whether Black Opal was taken or went willingly doesn’t really matter at this point. You all need to find Dash’s prize, and eliminate the target. The prize is a woman who is former military so she may be a challenge. If she is associated with anyone else that are considered witnesses, then they must be taken down as well. If Black Opal just so happens to be found in her location than you will alert Poison as fast as you can. No one is allowed to touch him but Poison. I want this done cleanly, and quietly, understood?”

Everyone nodded in agreement, except for Dash who simply rolled his eyes when he heard the code name for Poison’s prize once again. “Black Opal? Are you serious? C’mon boss, can’t we just forget about him, or better yet slice his throat too? He’s too much fucking trouble and we all know it. I can find him without Poison, we don’t need him to tag along and bitch the whole damn time.”

“Lay a finger on him, Rainbow Dash, do it, and watch how slowly I’ll tear your fucking flesh apart with my bare hands.” Poison growled, pointing a menacing finger in Dash’s direction as he threatening took a step forward. Kobra raised his hand to order his brother to knock it off before glancing over at Jet and Drummer.

“Now, you two I am forced to give the most challenging job.”

Jet and Drummer shared a confident look at one another before nodding quite smugly at their boss. “We’ll do the best that we can, boss.

Kobra gestured with a finger between Poison and Dash. “Keep these idiots from killing each other during the mission.”

Jet and Drummer let out a defeated groan before giving their boss a short nod. Any mission in the world would be easier to complete except for keeping both Dash and Poison from going at one another. Kobra wasn’t exaggerating when he said it would be a challenge for the duo. Instead of mulling over it, Jet and Drummer led the way out of the house and into the woods. Poison and Dash followed closely. Many yards from the Killjoy house was a small pile of stolen cars that were completely camouflage and hidden from any view above and below ground. After starting one of the cars and stuffing their masks in their pockets, the four Killjoys drove off through the woods and onto the roads.

________________________________________________________________________________

The former soldier wasn’t that hard to track down like they thought she'd be. The Killjoys weren’t sure what kind of training the military endured or for how long, but it must not be all that useful if they were able to find her 15-20 minutes down the road at a restaurant/rest stop. Their car had pulled up just in time to see her exiting a gentleman’s car and running over to the small isolated restroom the restaurant. The man in the car looked worried as he gnawed on his nails in the driver’s seat.

The Killjoys could tell by his behavior that the former soldier had indeed told the driver everything that had happened to her in the Killjoys house and . Every minute of her torture, and every second of her pain was repeating over and over again in the poor man’s head and it was literally shaking his old frail body behind the wheel of his car. He knew too much, and could now be their next target.

Before any of the Killjoys could start planning out what their next move should be, Dash had thrown the car door open and was rushing towards the same restroom his former prize was inside. Poison attempted to jump out after him to beat him to her but drummer yanked him back.

“What the fuck are you doing? Let me go! I need to interrogate her before Dash fucking kills her!” Poison spat at Drummer, who merely ignored his rant.

“Poison wait, you need to focus! Forget about Black Opal right now and concentrate on what could possibly go wrong in this moment!” Jet retaliated, pointing towards the driver that was possibly their second target.

Poison followed Jet’s finger, and saw that the driver was now focused on Dash and how his long strides and his tensed frame made him look very suspicious. It was the way Dash was walking that made him seem like he was dangerous and up to no good, and it was clear on the driver’s face that he was also getting that kind of idea about him too.