I'm the Last One That You'll Ever Remember

Chapter 224: Don't Make Me Go

Masika knew she should adhere to Michael’s plan with no more back talk for the sake of their unborn child, but her heart wouldn’t even contemplate going along with it. To make her escape from the shelter they and the Killjoys were residing in so that her fiance could sacrifice himself to the insurgence of murderous Killjoys was an inconceivable thought! Unwilling to bend to his persuasion, Masika shook her head, her curls swinging around her as she clung to his wrists to keep him there with her for as long as she could. Tears flooded from her eyes and down her cheeks as she tilted her head up to sob. “I-I don’t want to go, Mikey! There has to a-another way, baby, please!”

“There is no other way, Masika!” Michael maintained, set on his plan for him to be the distraction. His hands that were closed around her arms tightened as he watched her come apart before his very eyes. It was a beautiful, haunting, heartbreaking sight to witness, and it so precisely reflected the turbulence within himself that he wouldn't let out. Masika was already steadfast on remaining at his side, her seeing him becoming a weakling to their separation and his impending doom would only make her unyielding to his urgency like concrete. Then she’d never leave and both of them and their baby would die tonight.

“G-Gerard!” Masika gasped out, her bloodshot eyes magnifying in size as she stared into his, hope hanging in the balance. “W-We could reach out to him! He’ll come! H-He promised!”

“I doubt he’ll even show up!” Michael grumbled, resisting the urge to roll his eyes at his now working, and happily married brother with six kids coming to his rescue at this time of night.

“Why the fuck not!?” Masika exclaimed, fury contorting her once heart-wrenching features. “He promised you he’d be there for you if you ever needed him! He promised me the same!”

Michael didn’t want to go into this matter right now. Time was too limited for them so they needed to put every second of it to good use! His mouth, however, felt like they had all the time in the world to hash this out right here and now. “Because he could risk losing his husband and his six kids over his little brother, that’s why!”

Speechless, Masika merely stared at him. Words had escaped her.

“And it was fucked up of me to ever ask him to.” Michael sighed wearily, disappointed in how things were turning out for him and his family. He was gonna get slaughtered tonight and didn’t need to watch the horror of his pregnant fiance being tortured before his very eyes before it happened to her too. Running a hand through his hair, he whispered. “It took returning from that damn birthday week of his for me to see that the love he and Frank share is something extremely rare. It’s the kind of love that only comes once in a lifetime if one is lucky enough to even find it.”

When Michael pulled himself out of her grasp, Masika was left alone on the bed to tremble as her eyes followed his every move. His mind was still on the plan as she watched him return to the bed only to rip the sheets off of it. Frowning at his actions, she asked him. “W-What are you doing?”

“Get dressed in something thick and warm.” Michael only ordered her, indicating with a nod to the broken stained glass window Masika kicked one of the Killjoys through and down to his death below. “There’s a storm coming, and you’re gonna be smack dab in the middle of it before you get to a road.”

Damnit, her man had it all already planned out, Masika could see it in his eyes. He was gonna get her out of there without him one way or another. Not willing to let him win, she attempted to poke holes in his plot. “But how? We’re three floors up, Mikey! There’s no way in hell I’m ever gonna be able to reach the front door from here with you sacrificing yourself or not!”

“Exactly, baby.” Michael agreed with a nod as he quickly tied the ends of the sheets together. “That’s why you’re not going out that way. You’re going out the window instead.”

Oh god, he had it all figured out!

“Mikey!” Masika whined out in a form of plea for him to reconsider his plan.

“DO IT!” Michael snapped at her in a tone that was very reminiscent of his Kobra persona, his hands lightning fast as he yanked on two sheets to tighten the knots locking them together.

“FUCK!” Masika cried out as she leapt off their four poster bed to the walk-in closet where she got herself dressed in a long sleeve burgundy shirt, black cargo pants, and her black boots. Dragging her curls on top of her head in a pineapple style, she secured them before lingering a moment longer in the closet to eye Michae’s side of the closet. Selecting his favorite leather hoodie jacket, she tugged it on before exiting the long rectangle room to meet back up with her fiance.

Dropping the rope of tied sheets to the floor before the window and between their feet, Michael lifted his eyes to stare at the only woman he’s ever loved. Cupping the back of her head, he yanked her up against him to collide her lips with his for one last kiss. He heard her moan when his tongue parted her lips, her arms coming up to snake around his neck to cling even tighter to him. Michael greedily allowed himself to get his fill of her taste into his system...that was until he felt her hand sliding down over his crotch. His eyes snapped open, cognizant that she was attempting to seductively sway him from following through with his plan. Michael couldn’t allow her to get the upper hand to make that happen and so he broke the kiss to give her a warning. “Masika, don’t tempt me.”

Once again letting out a whine of her failure, Masika cupped his face between her soft, cold, dainty hands to continue her seduction “Take me, Mikey. Right here and now. Keep me forever with you, please!”

“That’s exactly what I plan on doing as soon as I’m done with these assholes once and for all.” Michael smirked down at the seductive siren in his arms that was also carrying his baby. Releasing her, he bent down to gather up the sheet rope in his arms then tossed it all out the broken window. “Okay, that’s all the sheets we got in this room. If it isn’t enough you’re gonna have to either drop down into one of those trees below or the pool.”

Not wanting to hear about this stupid plan anymore, Masika pressed herself against him and wrapped her arms around his waist. She didn’t want to ever exist in a reality that separated her from her man, especially if it was permanent. “Don’t make me go, Mikey. I’m begging you, please.”

Michael couldn’t help it. His arms enveloped around her, not wanting her to leave him either. Embracing her, he pressed a lingering kiss to the side of her head, his lips close to her ear as he was reduced to pleading with her right back. “Masika, please…don’t make this any harder for me tha-”

Make it harder for him!?

Masika couldn’t believe the gall this man had! How dare he act like this was just as hard for him as it was for her!?

Shoving her fiance back off of her, Masika snapped at him with seething frustration. “What the fuck am I suppose to do then, Mikey!? Huh? Where the fuck am i even supposed to go once I’m out there!? What does your plan say next, to meet up at the nearest McDonald's when this is all over and you kill every last one of them!?”

In a perfect world, Michael would say yes. But they didn’t live in a perfect world. Sighing heavily, Michael gave her the answer of the only place in the world right now he knew in his heart she’d be safe at. “No, you’re going straight to Gerard’s house as soon as your feet hit the ground.”

Remarkably, Masika found herself laughing at his response. “Seriously? Gee isn’t gonna like that!”

Chuckling along with his hormonal Queen, Michael shrugged his brother’s future frustration with him off. “I’m aware of that, love. Just make sure that you go through the backyard to get into his house, not the front. Their security system is a little faulty with the backdoor so you’ll have a better chance.”

“I will.” Masika whispered to him, a crushing sadness weighing heavily in her heart that was reflected in her eyes as she stared at the man she loved more than anyone. Giving herself a moment to memorize his face so she could describe it to their child one day, she breathed. “I love you, Mikey.”

“I love you too, Masika. You and our baby.” Michael replied tenderly, both hands reaching out to curve over her barely noticeable baby bump. It was early to feel anything, a kick or a flutter, but he could pretend that their child knew he was there and how much his father loved it. “Take care of yourself, okay, until I see you again?”

Nodding wordlessly, Masika kept her mouth shut from begging Michael to let her stay with him again. And so she turned to face the broken window and with his assistance began her descent down.