I'm the Last One That You'll Ever Remember

Chapter 233: Call The Shots!

Positive that a wounded Drummer wouldn’t be an obstacle anymore in his plan to escape, Kobra ditched him to get to his brother, Poison who was at present, surrounded by Citrus, Rouge, Basil and…some other random people wearing what looked to be some makeshift Killjoy masks.

Interesting…Kobra couldn’t recall himself recruiting these people before. And he ALWAYS remembered every face and name he enlisted.

Shaking the enigma off, the younger Way brother marched over to the preoccupied brawling group with the late Azure’s long range small axes in each hand. Using both at the same time, he reared them back far behind his head before hurling them both forward and impaling them into the backs of two of the mystery Killjoys. The force of his throw lodged the axes into the center of their backs and launched them forward right off of their feet and past Poison to land on the floor on either side of him, dead.

The disputing group scrambled back when the Killjoys noticed they were attacked from behind out of the blue, their eyes darting towards the direction of the attacker so they could identify them. Upon seeing their leader still alive and having escaped from their secured basement, their jaws collectively dropped all at the same time.

“K-Kobra…” Rouge whispered breathlessly, unable to comprehend that what he was seeing was real. His former leader…still alive?

“But…how?!” Basil demanded, gaping at Kobra like he had to be some kind of apparition or a hallucination. But a hallucination that they were all having together at the exact same time though?

“Impossible!” Citrus exclaimed with a shake of her head, denial written all over her face as she looked a bloody Kobra up and down. Dash told them he was gonna carve their dishonorable leader up like a Thanksgiving Turkey! So why the hell was he still alive with some minor cut and one on his stomach?

“Evening, brother.” Kobra greeted Poison and only Poison, ignoring the many eyes now on him in their stunned state at seeing him still breathing and walking among the living.

Unarmed, the former leader made it look like he was about to walk past one of his brother’s opponents, Rouge, to stand in solidarity with his brother…but that wasn’t the aim. Now close enough to the pink-haired young man under his teal Killjoy mask, Kobra startlingly grabbed ahold of the handle of his weapon called a Morning Star. It was a long handled metal weapon with a sharp spike ball at the end, quite medieval of a selection. With his hand on the handle, he jabbed the end of it right into Rouge’s gut, compelling him to double over before Kobra punched him right in the face, making him fall back and surrender the weapon. “Thank you kindly, Rouge.”

With a quick spin, Kobra sent the Morning Star slugging smack dab into the face of an unknown Killjoy with so much strength the impact crushed the front of his skull.

“Oooo!” Poison winced from behind a bloody gloved fist, a sly grin stretched across his face like the blow was all just some sick game of pretend. But that was Poison for you, he didn’t take anything serious…or at least when killing was involved. Seeing Kobra alive and well only enhanced this feeling. Gerard had been so worried that he wouldn’t be alive when he busted through the front door, but his persona Poison already knew he’d be fine. “DAMN, little brother! Nice shot!”

“Thanks!” Kobra bowed elegantly as soon as he righted himself again.

With a metal spear with a twisted tip in hand, Poison took advantage of a distracted Citrus by sweeping her feet out from under her with the long ranged weapon. With her momentarily disposed of, Poison hollered out. “Call the shots!”

Kobra understood that saying very well. It was his brother’s way of asking whether or not they should kill everyone in the room with them and then proceed to sweep the entire building for the remaining stragglers…or to make their escape as soon as they had a window of opportunity to do so.

Kill the Killjoys once and for all?

Or escape with their lives still intact?

To kill…not to kill…that seemed to be the question of the hour.

And ooo, that was such a good question, a question Kobra wanted very much to say yes to without thinking twice on it. But…he couldn’t keep thinking that way like he was just Kobra and only Kobra anymore. He was about to become a father! A second chance at being a parent to a creation that would be half of him and half of the only woman he ever loved, Masika. Kobra had his fingers crossed that he would be gifted with a mini version of Masika instead, but that was a beautiful miracle that he would never get to see if he didn’t get his head out of his butt and stop thinking like a Killjoy!

Michael and Kobra were gonna be a loving father and husband which meant he had to live another day.

“Goddamnit.” Kobra grumbled in defeat under his breath before socking another unfamiliar Killjoy in the face, knocking their makeshift mask off and revealing the face of someone that was just only just a kid. Snatching a hold of a very medieval looking flail from his hand before it went down with the boy, Kobra gave Poison his answer. “Rain Check!”

“Really?” Poison voiced with surprise before Citus, who was back on her feet again, came at him after he dispatched two more anonymous Killjoys.

“DON’T!” Kobra warned him as he was busy choking out another nameless Killjoy with his weapon as he flailed his arms to try and escape. “Not in the mood to go into it right now.”

“Alrighty then.” Poison shrugged it off as he squared up with Citrus who was pissed he got the jump on her before. Planning to do it a second time, he used the same spear to swipe her feet right from under her again when he feigned making a dash to her left. He couldn’t resist laughing before coming over to use his foot to kick her back down onto her back before punting her right in the face, snapping her head to the left and knocking her out.

A warrior cry piercing the air had Poison readying his spear before launching it into the torso of that incoming assailant, another Killjoy unidentified to him. He was surprised by how many he’d come across alone in the foyer, it was insane! His brother seemed to be recruiting like a madman since he’d quit. Poison voiced this before tackling down another one that was charging at him weaponless like they were only two buddies playing a game of football together. “Lots of recruits you've got since I’ve been gone!”

“Another matter we’ll talk about later!” Kobra dismissed as he swung his flail here and there to keep Basil off of him. It worked for a while until he tried to wrap things up by swinging it at her head instead to kill her off.

Impressively, Basil blocked it with a snow shovel with a victorious grin. “Ha! Nice sh-”

Thankfully, luck was on Kobra’s side! Her block positioned the snow shovel directly by the side of her face, that plus the force of the flail colliding with it smacked the shovel into the side of her head, cutting off her response and stumbling her body backwards. Grinning with success, Kobra was turning his head towards the door as he ordered his brother. “Let’s go! Make a run fo-”

Kobra was cut off when his eyes landed on the front door past the foyer, his head jerking back at what he saw with wide eyes.

That entire exit was on FIRE!

Kobra’s mouth opened and closed in confusion because he was only now realizing he’d been breathing in air that stunk of something burning and had never noticed it. From what he could see in the raging fire there were the remains of a fast motorbike. Putting the pieces together instantly, Kobra figured the fire was started by the bike crashing through the front door and imploding. That explained the two explosions he heard upstairs while tied up in the basement! Just in case, Kobra pointed to the door, and hollered to his big brother. “HEY! What’s the meaning of all this?”

Snapping the neck of one of the unrecognized Killjoys with his bare hands, and then flipping Rouge over his back and out of his way, Poidon’s eyes followed his brother’s gesture to the door and shrugged. “What? It’s not like they were gonna let me in if I rang the fucking doorbell, now were they?”

“Right. Let’s get the fuck outta here before the others come.” Kobra suggested, waiting for his brother to meet up with him before they both decided to throw caution to the wind and run through the flames in the doorway to make their escape. Better this than searching for another exit and running into trouble.