I'm the Last One That You'll Ever Remember

Chapter 35: Pregnant

The next morning, Frank was discovered by a vacationing family, and they immediately called the police for help. He didn’t say anything to any one of the family members, not even when they loosened his restraints or were kind enough to give him some water and food. He didn’t even speak to the police when they took the cuffs off him and started asking him endless amount of questions about his name, and how he got there, and who had done this to him. His mind couldn’t comprehend on what was happening even when they put him on a stretcher and loaded him into an ambulance. He wasn’t at all in a hysterical state about what was going on around him, instead he simply stared at the rushing faces coming and going from where he laid. He allowed the people to touch him, check his eyes, and ears, but when they brought out a needle he instantly started fighting them away from him, because of the images that came flooding back to him pertaining to Poison stabbing him with a needle earlier. The EMT crew immediately became alarmed and was forced to hold him down so they could sedate him and keep him calm.

Frank’s entire body was relaxed by the drug all the way to the hospital, and when he fell asleep and opened his eyes again, he saw he had already been put into a white private hospital room of his own. He struggled to sit himself up, and then sat there studying the machines he was hooked up to, wondering if this was all a dream or not. Where am I, Frank thought to himself, where is Poison? Before he could begin to pull out the wires attached to him so that he could attempt to find the red haired man, the door was pushed opened to reveal a short woman with glasses, dressed like a hospital nurse. The second she saw that he was awake, she smiled at him with relief in her big eyes. “Oh, you’re awake, Mr. Iero. That’s wonderful news, you have some special visitors that have been waiting to see you since you were brought in. Are you up having visitors right now or should I tell them to wait another hour or two?”

Frank was silent for a moment before he was finally able to open his mouth and speak for the first time he’d been found. “W-Where am I-I?”

“Oh, you’re in the hospital, sweetheart. It’s alright, you’re completely safe here. We have a few officers guarding the hallway right now, just to be sure.” The nurse informed him, still smiling sweetly as she checked on his machines and wires to make sure they were getting a good read on his vital signs.

“How d-did I get h-here? I can’t…I can’t r-remember.” Frank asked her, shaking his head slowly in confusion as he hoped that she would be able to help piece together exactly what had happened to get him there.

“Oh well, a lovely family that was on vacation found you in the cabin they were renting for the weekend. They called the police, and the ambulance came and picked you up and brought you here.” The nurse explained while also checking his IV drip.

Frank frowned in confusion. “Y-You found me in a c-cabin? Not…not in an o-old house in the woods?”

The nurse stopped what she was doing to stare at him incredulously. “Is that where you came from? A house in the woods?”

Frank opened his mouth, and then closed it. A part of him told him to keep his mouth shut, while the other part of him told him to start singing like a canary and tell them everything. For some reason, it felt more logical and safer to go for the first option, and so in response he simply shook his head no.

“Oh, well then never mind all that. How are you feeling today, Mr. Iero? Any form of discomfort anywhere?” The nurse gently asked him, as she looked him over carefully like he was made of glass.

Frank shook his head. “No I-I feel…okay.” He then turned his head to look up at her with an expression of uncertainty on his face. “So, what happens now? W-What am I supposed to do?”

The nurse smiled again. “Considering that you look to be in good condition, I’m sure the doctor will release you soon after he checks up on you so that you can go back home with your parents.”

“My parents?” Franked exclaimed in wonder, his eyes lighting up as they simultaneously began to fill with tears of joy. “A-Are my parents here?! Are they r-really here, right now?!”

The nurse nodded with that same smile stuck on her face. “Of course, dear. They were the special visitors that I was talking about earlier. Would you like me to send them in?”

Frank couldn’t speak because of the large lump quickly forming in his throat, and his vision was beginning to also suffer due to his eyes over filling with tears. He could only manage a frantic nod in her direction as a form of response. The nurse chuckled and placed a comforting hand on his shoulder. “Don’t worry, it’s okay honey, they’ll be here in just a moment. If you need anything else, press the red button on the wall beside your bed, and one of the nurses will come in and help you with whatever you need.”

Frank heard the nurse leave before a few seconds later the door came bursting open again, but this time to reveal his parents. Rushing towards his bed was his distraught mother Margo Iero, sobbing and his crying father, Frank Sr. Iero, struggling to keep himself together. “Oh my poor baby!”

“Mommy!” Frank cried out to her, opening his arms to receive her hug. Once he was enveloped against her chest his emotions came bursting out like a dam, and poured of his mouth in hysterical sobs. His mother was just as bad, and rocked him against her chest like he was a tiny baby again. Frank Sr. wrapped his arms around them both and held them close against his big frame, trying to hold back his own tears at the relief of finding his son alive and well. The family stayed like that until a familiar Doctor Garner stepped into the room and respectively cleared his throat to gain their attention. The trio reluctantly separated, but stayed close to each other by linking their hands together in unity.

“Excuse our behavior Doctor Garner, but this is a very emotional time for us all.” Frank Sr. apologized while wiping the last stray of tears off his face.

Doctor Garner held up his hand and smiled with understanding. “No need to apologize, Dr. Iero. In your situation it makes complete sense to feel the way you feel. I do, however, have some very serious information about your son that needs to be brought to your attention as soon as possible. Would you two care to step outside with me to discuss this further?”

The couple nodded in agreement and were about to walk towards the doorway, when they were pulled back by the tight grip their son had on their hands. “No, please mommy, daddy, stay here! Please don’t leave me alone by myself again. PLEASE!!”

Margo went straight back towards her son, and cradled him against her all over again. “Oh no honey, no we’re not going anywhere ever again. We’re gonna stay right here with you throughout it all, we promise baby, we promise.”

Frank Sr. looked between his family and his son’s doctor. “I’m sorry, Garner. I can’t leave my family right now. Would it be too much trouble to discuss it here if it’s that important?”

Doctor Garner hesitated before nodding his head. “Uh, no Dr. Iero, but I do suggest that you both have a seat before I begin. This information might be a little too much for you two to handle at first.”

Frank’s parents took a seat by his bed and continued to hold Frank’s hands in comfort while he hid beneath his sheets, as Doctor Garner pulled up a seat by the foot of the bed. “Alright, well from what we have here, Frank is in perfect condition. There were no signs of gunshot wounds, stabs wounds, broken bones or even bruises. By his strange behavior I had…issued a rape kit to be done on him, and we found…semen inside of h-“

Frank Sr. abruptly stood up and held up both hands to stop Garner from saying anything more. “Hold on, wait a minute, are you trying to tell me my son was raped?”

Frank covered his face with his hands in shame from underneath the blanket when he heard what sounded like disgust in his father’s voice and slowly curled into himself. His mother saw him withdrawing from beneath sheets and placed a hand on her husband’s arm to silence him. “Honey, stop, you’re scaring our son! Please try to calm yourself, for his sake, at least.”

Doctor Garner continued on. “To answer your question, Dr. Iero, yes, your son was raped. We’re running all the tests necessary to find any kind of sexually transmitted diseases and will have the results sent to you immediately. From what else we could find, your son doesn’t have any bleeding, tearing or any other infection inside of him, so we can tell that it wasn’t brutal.”

“Oh thank goodness.” Margo cried in relief while kissing the back of her son’s hand, her tears glistening on her cheeks.

Frank Sr. also let out a heavy sigh in relief. “Man I don’t know how to thank you Garner, for everything you and your team have done for my son. I can’t show you how much we appreciate-“

“That’s not all, Dr. Iero. There’s something else you two need to know about Frank and I must warn you it could possibly change your lives in a drastic way.” Doctor Garner informed them carefully, a look of pity weighing in on his face.

Mr. and Mrs. Iero looked at each other with the same frightful look before returning their gaze back to Doctor Garner. “What do you mean? What else is there?”

Doctor garner sighed heavily and anxiously looked down at his clipboard in a short moment of silence. “Your son, Frank…is four weeks pregnant.”