I'm the Last One That You'll Ever Remember

Chapter 44: I Am The Boss

The other Killjoys were confused at first as to whether they were supposed to be happy because their boss was smiling over the fact that Poison had went against the Killjoy rules by allowing his prize Black Opal to go free it, or if this was a trick. They got their answer quick when Kobra returned his gaze back to Poison, flipped his handgun around in his hand and swing the butt of the gun against his brother’s cheek. Poison let out a grunt as his head swung to the right, but he refused to allow himself to fall down onto his knees in defeat. He stood by his decision to let Frank go, and so he wasn’t about to fall down in defeat for it. Kobra stood over him shouting in one of his rages. “What the hell were you thinking letting your little fuck boy go like that? Do you have ANY idea what you’ve done?! What am I saying, of course you fucking don’t! You know why, because you have your head so far up Black Opal’s ass you can’t fucking see straight!”

Dash took that opportunity to step forward from the other Killjoys with his weapons unsheathed in both of his hands. He could tell where this argument between Kobra and Poison was going, and wanted to be the first person that would be chosen to FINALLY make Poison pay! “Let ME take care of him, boss! I’ll show him what happens to traitors of the Killjoys.”

Kobra was silent for a long time, burying himself deep within his thoughts to make a decision on what to do with his brother. Poison had broken the rules, and just like every other Killjoy before him that had decided to do the same, he should be killed for putting their family at risk. At the same time there was a nagging voice in the back of Kobra’s head that went against that decision simply because Poison was his only biological family left. They’ve been together since the beginnings, yet even in the beginnings Poison knew the rules. Glancing at his brother, Kobra let out a defeated sigh, which told his brother all too well what his decision was. “Outside of the house.”

He gestured for Drummer and Jet to step forward and apprehend his brother, Poison, which they did obediently as they each grabbed one of his arms and dragged the red-head down the hall and towards the backdoor. Dash eagerly jogged behind them with excitement in his steps as the other Killjoys stood by and waited for their orders. When Kobra turned around to them, he noticed Sable wasn’t anywhere in sight. He put it in the back of his mind for now as he barked out orders for the rest of his followers. “All of you get back to packing up the last of the boxes. GO, MOVE NOW!”

Poison was dragged through the backyard to a small clearing deeper into the woods where he was tied up to a tree by Jet and Drummer. Dash circled around him, snickering in excitement. He took his knives out and waved them intimidatingly in front of Poison’s face, trying to invoke fear in him. “Oh man, this is gonna be so fucking good. I think I’m gonna enjoy tenderizing the meat before I’m allowed to kill you. You are a weak pathetic excuse for a man, Poison, you know that right? Did you really think your brother could have protect you from me forever?! Oh hell no, it was only a matter of time before you drove him to this, and now look where we are!”

Poison merely glared at Dash, refusing to give him even a small hint of fear, but Dash wasn’t looking for Poison to fear him, he just wanted to make him scream in torment for him. Turning away, Dash walked a few feet away to throw his knives deep into the trees in front of him. Returning back to Poison, he leaned down enough to explain what he planned on doing to him. “You know what, Poison? I’m glad I decided not to go along and end your life here and now. After all, it would be too nice of me to just kill you so quickly, no matter how painful I decide to make it for you. I think I’m gonna enjoy every second I can of beating your ass black and blue, before I finish you off.”

____________________________________________________________________________

Sable sat upstairs in her former bedroom that she shared with her boyfriend, wearing one of his shirts that she fought not to dampen with her tears. She had just finished a quick shower but was in too much emotional pain to get dressed properly, so she grabbed the closest thing she could which was her boyfriend’s gray t-shirt. Thinking back to the argument that took place downstairs, Sable was still certain that she didn’t regret helping Poison with Frank’s escape at all, but the look that was on her lover’s face when he found out she betrayed him had broken her heart. She loved that man beyond anything, yes, but that still didn’t make her wish for a second chance to re-do what she did. There was no regrets. Patiently waiting on the bed, Sable knew that Kobra would come looking for her soon, and she was right when she heard the familiar click of the door signaling his arrival. She stayed where she was with her eyes glued to the wall in front of her as she listened to Kobra close and then lock the door behind him.

Kobra stared at his lover’s still back for a long time with pain in his eyes, the same pain he kept hidden from the others downstairs when he had found out about a secret betrayal that had involved the woman he loved and his only brother. He couldn’t believe that the two people that he trusted most in the world would stab him in the back like that. As he continued to stare Sable down from a distance, he wished so badly that it was possible for him to hate the woman he loved, so that he could just kill her and be done with her, but that wasn’t the case. Clenching his fists in frustration, Kobra stepped further into his bedroom and then leaned his back against the same spot on the wall Sable had been staring at since he’d walked in. He crossed his arms and stared down at her in silence. Her eyes had drifted down to her lap the second she saw him in peripheral vision and didn’t rise back up again. The couple remained silent until Kobra finally got the courage to ask her for the truth on why she betrayed him. “Why did you lie to me, Masika?”

Sable winced at the sound of her real name on his lips. She had never heard it spoken from Kobra before outside of sex, and she could tell now that she had truly hurt him. “I’m s-”

“LOOK at me when I’m talking to you!” Kobra shouted down at her, his face turning a bit red.

Slowly, Sable raises her brown golden eyes to his, and it was a request that Kobra regretted that he had ever asked. He was reminded once again, in a time filled with anger and hurt that she was THE most beautiful woman he had ever seen. Looking her perfect features over, Kobra suddenly wished that he could forgive her just like that and just call it day, but he knew he couldn’t just yet. Sable let out a sigh as her eyes filled up with tears. “Look Michael, I am so sorry that I had lied to you about what your brother and I had done. I know my actions may not seem it, but I swear to you that I never meant to hurt you and that I hate that I did in the end.” Closing her eyes for a minute to push back her tears, Sable reopened then once again to stare up at Kobra. “But if I had to do it all over again, I wouldn’t change a thing. I would’ve still helped your brother even knowing it would hurt you.”

Kobra abruptly launched forward to grab a handful of Sable’s black curls in his fist and yanked her head back so that she wouldn’t have a choice but to look him in the eye. Sable let out a gasp of pain, but didn’t try to defend herself by fighting him off, instead she obediently stared up at him. Kobra’s expression was nonchalant as he gazed down at her. “Why, Sable?”

“Because I would’ve done the same thing to keep you alive if I was in Gerard’s situation.” Sable admitted, only to have his response be a long blank stare.

Softly sighing, Sable slowly reached up to gently glide the tips of her fingers over her lover’s jawline. “I love you, Michael Way. I’d do anything for you.”

To anyone else, Kobra would have appeared to be unaffected by her romantic confession, but Sable knew better than that, and could see that within him he was. In fact, his other hand reached up to grab a handful of one of her breasts, and grope it possessively. Sable gasped in response, but was quickly silenced by Kobra’s lips smashing down upon hers. Their mouths mated in the familiar dance they always struggle to resist doing whenever they saw each other in front of the other Killjoys. Sex was something that they spent most of their times doing, because it was the only way Kobra was able to express how much he loved her since he didn’t know how to any other way. Sable’s hands shot out to undo his pants and yanked the tight material down his legs while he tried to find the thin straps of her lace panties. She smiled to herself as she whispered against his lips. “I’m not wearing any, baby.” Kobra let out a moan of desperation before their hands met to discard his briefs. Now that his lower half was exposed, he grabbed ahold of Sable and dragged her into the center of the bed so he could sink himself deep inside of her, making her scream in pleasure.

___________________________________________________________________________

Later on in the evening, when the old house was finally empty of all the terrible things the Killjoy family had done, Kobra and Sable had returned back downstairs with the last of their things packed in their backpacks. Citrus stood waiting at the end of the stairs for him, and the moment she saw him she quickly informed him that the house had been cleared out and that they’ve assembled the best cars from the ‘graveyards’ and had rolled the others off into the nearest hills deep within the forest where they will never be found. Kobra nodded in approval and ordered her to tell the other Killjoys that they will all be leaving in the next five seconds and to be ready. Citrus nodded and quickly sped off in search for the others, and in the next five seconds everyone was outside shoving each other into the two cars and the one van available. Kobra and Sable were the last to leave, and spotted Dash leaning against the side of one of the cars with his arms crossed and a cocky smile on his face as he looked over with pride at the bruised and bloody red-head that was only being held up by Jet and Drummer. The two Killjoys looked up and saw Kobra gestured with a nod to the first car ahead. “Tie that dumbass up and throw him into the trunk.”

Dash was completely taken aback at Kobra’s order as his cocky smile dropped into an open mouth expression. He pushed himself off the car and held his hands out to stop Jet and Drummer from following their orders. “Wait wait, hold on a fucking minute okay!? I’ll be right back.” Jet and Drummer watched Dash stride over to Kobra and Sable who were walking to the first car. They shrugged Dash’s order off and continued to tie up Poison’s wrists and ankle with zip ties. “KOBRA! What the hell is going on? Are you seriously about to let Poison live after letting his fuck boy go? You have got to be kidding me!”

“Calm down, Dash.” Kobra drawled, rolling his eyes as he turned around to face him.

No, I fucking won’t! Need I remind you that the Killjoy’s rules clearly state that Poison should be killed for what he did, and Sable…” Dash reached out to grab ahold of Kobra’s lover’s arm but their leader yanked her closer to his side, and then pulled his gun out and aimed it right at Dash’s pupil. Dash quickly stepped back and held up his hands in surrender. “W-Whoa whoa, boss t-take it easy now.”

“You’ve been talking out of place a lot lately, Dash, and I have to be honest, it’s starting to piss me the fuck off. I AM THE BOSS, and so I say Poison and Sable are coming with us. Now get the fuck over it and get in the car. I don’t want to hear anything else from you about it.” Kobra holstered his gun, and then grabbed Sable’s hand to tug her along behind him as he called over his shoulder. “Besides, I think we both can agree that Poison’s punishment isn’t anywhere close to being done just yet.”

The disappointment and rage that Dash was feeling earlier had disappeared by what his leader Kobra had announced, and he turned his head to send Poison an evil grin that promised him that only more pain would come. Poison didn’t seemed to care as he glared right back at him, daring him to give him his worst when that time came.