I'm the Last One That You'll Ever Remember

Chapter 52: One Year Later

One year later

Poison sat in a café in New Jersey, the same town he used to terrorize with his Killjoy family a year ago. He wore a blonde Kurt Cobain wig and thick black sunglasses to disguise himself like the Killjoys were required to do whenever they decided to step out into the real world amongst their preys for some form of entertainment. Today, Poison wanted coffee, one of his many unhealthy addictions. He sat alone in his own corner, watching every day normal people interact with each other in the cafe. Normalcy. That was something Poison had never had, and always thought looked so boring from the outside looking in. He used to wonder to himself if he would ever want it enough; maybe when he was finally old and grey and couldn’t be a Killjoy anymore. Well, all he knew now was that he sure as hell didn’t want it now. Poison absolutely loved his life, despite having been tortured a year ago by his own family, but it was well deserved, and he knew it, which was why he didn’t have any ill-feelings towards his little brother. Kobra was only doing his job, and Poison was well aware of what the repercussions would’ve been when he had let his Black Opal go free.

Black Opal. Now, that’s the one that got away from him. He tried, and damnit to hell dide he tried to find another replacement for him, another Black Opal within his other prizes, but no matter how hard he tried he couldn’t find him again. Black Opal was the only Black Opal he was ever going to have, not any of the scum that was brought home to be slaughtered. When he realized that, he desperately started searching for him within the members of his own Killjoy family. They had had several new members in the past year, most of them had been killed off for insubordination, except one. She went by the name Pastel because of her blonde hair, but her real name was Lindsey Ann Ballato. So far no one has had any problems with her, and she seemed to strive to be a suitable member of the family. It wasn’t long after he had let Black Opal go, and was finally released from his own confinement that he sought comfort in the new girl’s bed. There wasn’t any reason for him to sleep with her other than the fact that his body was calling for the very thing he had forced himself to let go, and that she was so insistent on following him everywhere and being around him all the time that one day he just said ‘fuck it’ and had sex with her. Since then, she has followed him around even more, and in return he used her for a distraction, a temporary fix for his own rampaging hunger for Black Opal. Pastel was kind of like Marijuana while Black Opal was Poison’s Heroin, his meth, his cocaine. She was a short-lived fix that couldn’t compare to the real thing. Everyone in the killjoy family figured he had moved on with Pastel, but he hadn’t. For some reason, his heart wouldn’t let him move on, and he had a feeling his brother’s girlfriend Sable knew that as well as him.

Poison heard the café’s door swing open with a piercing ‘ding’ from the bell hanging overhead that signaled arriving customers. Naturally, his eyes lifted up to see the walking preys that entered the café, but nothing could prepare him from who was trailing behind them. A couple with two strollers walked ahead of the very drug he was talking about that had his body on the verge of losing its last shred of sanity ever since his last fix. Blinking a couple of times, Poison fought to believe that it was indeed his precious Black Opal quite coincidentally walking into the same café that he was sitting in. A now 16 year old Frank Iero, his prize, his prisoner, his first, was standing not too far from him in a pair of black skinny jeans, a grey faded star wars T-shirt that showed off some small tattoos, and some high tops. His long dark hair had gotten even longer, and was a little past his shoulders. His hazel eyes shown like stars, and would sparkle whenever he smiled which seemed to be often when he spoke with the couple. The sunlight illuminated a silver hoop on Frank’s right nostril, revealing a piercing that he now had. Poison’s eyes were drawn to the artwork that was inked into the young boy’s skin. On his upper right arm he had an anchor with N on the left side and J on the right. Poison figured the N and J meant New Jersey, the very state they were in. On Frank’s upper left arm was an arm band tattoo that had the words ‘Loyalty’, ‘Honor’, and ‘Respect’. Beneath that was a chainsaw, and right underneath that was a small black bat. Poison’s eyes continued to openly stare at the group as they walked over to order their coffees before sitting down at the table right next to his. His owns hands were beginning to sweat around his coffee cup as he took a sip of it to remoisten his suddenly parched throat. From behind his thick black sunglasses, Poison continued to watch them and study them closely like a hawk would to its prey, ignoring his pants tightened around his inflating erection whenever his eyes would roam over Frank’s body. The couple were obviously married and in love with each other, but it was also pretty obvious to him that they were too old to have created the two children that they were unfastening from the strollers. The young baby boy was in a yellow smiling face sweatshirt with one eye being a plus sign and the other being an x. One of the sleeves was blue with white stars and the other was white and red stripes. His jeans were dark blue and his black slip-ons looked to be made of reptile skin. He had hazels eyes that were barely visible under the oversize baseball cap he had on. Who Poison assumed was his sister, was wearing an ivory silk majolica print and lace dress with ivory shoes that had tiny little white roses on it. She had a floral headband in her dark brown hair and had big light brown eyes. The children were lifted onto the couple’s lap to eat the muffins that were ordered for them. Frank was watching the little ones with eyes that shimmered with adoration and love, something Poison had never seen from him before when he had kidnapped him. It was a new intriguing thing to see and made Poison wish Framk would stare at him that way.

“Oh you’re such a cute little baby! Yes, you are. Yes, you are.” The older lady cooed to the baby girl who giggled back at her with crumbs all over her mouth. The lady looked up at Frank, and caught him staring at the little girl with such an aching look in his eyes. Flashing him a smile, she reached over to place a hand over his. “Frankie honey, would you like to hold her?”

Frank clearly hesitated, but he couldn’t tear his eyes away from the little girl. “I uh…I don’t know, Aunt Edith.” Poison savored the sound of his voice again in shivers of pleasure as Frank addressed his aunt.

“Oh come now!” Frank’s Aunt Edith exclaimed as she lifted the little girl off her lap and carefully placed her against Frank’s chest. “You love holding your baby girl, don’t you? She loves it too.”

Frank couldn’t help but smile down at the little girl in his arms as she looked up at him with huge brown orbs. They stared at each other for a minute before she cooed and broke into a smile, showing off her baby teeth. “Ah, there’s my special smile from my little Princess.” Poison watched him pressed several kisses to her rosy cheeks before he pulled her little body protectively against him in a caring embrace.

“Alright, Frankie-boy here comes Uncle Peter with the other one. Be careful now.” The man named Uncle Peter announced as he took came over to deliver the baby brother too. Frank lifted his head from where he had it leaning against the baby girl’s head to give the older man a confirming smile. He pulled one of his arms away from the baby girl to stretch it out to welcome her brother. Much like his sister, the baby boy didn’t fuss or cry when it left the arms of his parents to be held by their uncle Frank. In fact, he held his hands out to Frank to grab ahold of him too, just like his sister had. With Uncle Peter’s help with adjustments, Frank had both of the children in his arms and he clearly couldn’t have been happier. Frank’s uncle and aunt quickly started up the subject of his education while the little ones were slowly dozing off in his hold. “So, how is your education coming along?”

“It’s going well. I’ve been trying to keep up my grades so that mom and dad will let me get my ears pierced.” Frank informed them in a soft tone so that he wouldn’t awake the children with his voice. His eyes remained on them while he spoke across the table.

Edith and Peter’s faces both scrunched up in distaste at the idea of their nephew getting more work done. Their expressions were so amusing it had Poison smiling behind the rim of his coffee. He continued to listen in on their conversation and store every information that pertained to Frank to memory. He was now being homeschooled online, and was currently working two jobs. One was at a mall in the food court, and the other was in the same mall at a clothing store. He had undergone some counseling, and therapy but doesn’t see them as often since he’s been mentally progressing at a fast pace. He’s been trying to make friends but keeps getting mixed up with the wrong people that only wish to cause trouble all the time. Companionship was something he was definitely struggling with now and days. Every so often into the conversation, Frank would absentmindedly lean down to lightly nuzzle his nose against a sleeping child’s head or give them a loving kiss. Poison wasn’t sure why, but he liked seeing Frank like this. The happiness in his eyes, his smile, and the joy in his voice. No one would ever think this guy was kidnapped a year ago. Poison couldn’t hold back his own smile at seeing him again, despite the fact that his erection was threatening to bust through his zipper. There was a moment of silence at the table before Frank softly spoke up. “So, I’ve been thinking about…getting a third job to help support Lorenzo and Venetia. You know, considering where they came from and stuff.”

His Aunt Edith took a sip from her coffee. “Sweetheart, we told you you don’t have to do this. They live with us now, and you know as well as I do that we can easily support them on our own. You don’t have to come running through the pouring rain at night with bags of baby food and diapers for them, you never had to. Save up your money for the things you want, like your tattoos, or guitars or maybe even a future college.”

Frank looked away to try and hide his hurt, but Poison easily saw it, and it caused his own heart to be moved for him. “But I don’t care about all that. I want to do this. I want to buy them diapers, food and toys. This is my money, you guys, MY money that I’ve earned myself! I’m old enough to decide what to spend it on, and right now nothing is more important than making sure the twins have what they need. I don’t care if you can buy a dumpster truck of baby wipes! I mean, what’s a few more gonna hurt, right?”

His Uncle Peter nodded in agreement. “Extra diapers never hurt nobody. Sure, why the hell not? If that’s what you want to do with your money, than do it. We won’t stand in your way.”

With a smile of content, Frank gave him a confirming nod. “Yes it is, thank you.”

His Aunt Edith cleared her throat before reaching over to link her fingers through her husband’s. “Frank, the reason we invited you out for coffee today was because we were hoping to ask you for a favor. You see, a member of Peter’s family is gravely ill and we’ve decided to take a trip to go see them.”

Frank’s eyes widened in fear as he looked between his aunt and uncle and the children that were sleeping in his arms. If they were leaving the state, did that mean the twins would go with them? Before he could become hysterical, his Uncle Peter raised his hand to halt him. “AND we had a feeling you wouldn’t feel comfortable with the twins coming with us. Since they’ve been born there hasn’t been a full day they’ve been separated from you. Just for you, we decided to rethink our plan, and instead leave the children here. If it’s okay with your parents, you can stay at our house with the twins, and while you’re at work, we’ll have a certified trusted babysitter to come in and watch them while you’re gone.”

Relieved, their nephew‘s face broke out into a Cheshire grin of excitement. “Are you serious? Of course I’d love to help watch them while you’re gone. It would be an honor! Thank you guys so much for even thinking about me at a time like this!”

Poison watched the family ten minutes longer before they decided to get up and leave the café. Long after they were gone, he was stilling staring at the spot Frank had been sitting in. He didn’t think that the moment he saw his Black Opal again things would change so quickly, and so surely like it had when he first saw his face. It was just like before, that same determination that had brain-washed him into breaking the Killjoy’s rule in the first place. It had returned, but this time with a new purpose in mind. Poison wanted Frank again, and he intended on getting his fix of him one more time before his window of opportunity closed. He had to be careful, and smart about this. No kidnapper would ever kidnap the same victim twice, especially so soon after the first time, but Poison was going to be the first. He couldn’t snatch him away like he had done before, that would be ludicrous. No, he’d have to do it differently, he would have to get close to Frank first before he took him. But of course, first things first, Poison had to become a certified and trusted babysitter.