I'm the Last One That You'll Ever Remember

Chapter 58: I'm Here Now

Gerard didn’t waste a second single second longer and desperately searched for a towel by feeling around since the power outage took out all the lights and left him and Frank swimming in darkness. When he found it, he quickly unfolded the fluffy material and wrapped it around Frank’s naked body. Gerard felt his heart stop at that fact that he finally had Frank naked right front of him and still wasn’t allowed to touch him. What were even the odds of a power outage happening the very first time a 16 year old a naked Frank was calling out for him? What God would take a sinful image of Frank naked and shroud it in a world of darkness? “Here, let me help you.”

Frank was trembling all over as held onto Gerard’s hand like it was his lifeline and stepped out of the tub. He was frightened, beyond frightened by those memory flashes. He couldn’t be left alone by himself, or else those memories would come back to torture him, he knew it. Not too long ago Frank had spent what felt like years imprisoned by a rapist, and had endured endless minutes of constant fear, yet here he was, more terrified than ever before and shaking like a leaf.

Gerard couldn’t stand how helpless Frank felt in his hand, and without thinking lifted the fragile boy up in his arms and carried him out of the bathroom back down the stairs. He felt Frank wrap his arms around his neck and tuck his head down into his neck too, occasionally letting out a small whimper of fear. Tightening his hold around him, Gerard entered the living room and bent over the couch to gently lower Frank onto it, but he only clenched his hold on him even more. “Frankie, it’s gonna be okay. I’m gonna go find us some candles real quick to get rid of this darkness, but you have to let me go in order for me to do that.”

Frank shook his head and sobbed. “NO! No, don’t leave me, please.”

“Fra-” Gerard started to say but was caught off.

“Just take me with you, please. I can’t be left alone, they’ll find me again!” Frank cried out in a panic, ignoring the taste of his salty tears.

Gerard’s furrowed brows slowly softened as the realization finally dawned on him that he was talking about the Killjoy family. With a weak nod, he lifted him back up in his arms and carried him into the kitchen. He carefully tried a second time to lower Frank down this time at the kitchen table. When his arms unwound from around his neck, Gerard let out a sigh of relief and began searching the kitchen, all the while assuring Frank that he would be alright, and that he would protect him from any form of danger unlucky enough to come for him. He was relieved when he found some candles and immediately lit them with the lighter he kept in his pocket at all time. It was habit to always have his lighter on him because of his smoking habit, but since he became a babysitter he found himself quitting his cancer sticks altogether until further notice. The struggle hadn’t been that hard to overcome, but the one concerning his sexual obsession with Frank and his need to burying his cock inside the young boy was damn near impossible to beat. “There we go, the dark is gone now.”

Frank let out a sigh of relief as he wiped his damp face with his arms. His breathing was calmer, and all of his orifices had stopped leaking and were getting back under control. His hazel eyes stared down at the kitchen table like he was lost in a trance, but he was pulled out of it when Gerard placed some articles of clothing in front of him. “Here, take these and get dressed before you catch a cold. I’ll step out of the kitchen to give you some privacy, or you can take one of the candles with you to the bathroom instead if that’s what you want.”

Shaking his head, Frank took the clothes and held them against his chest. “No I’ll dress here, t-thank you.”

Gerard nodded as he backed away. “Alright, call me when you’re done.”

A few minutes passed after Gerard disappeared gone when Frank had finally mustered up the strength to fully dress himself. Once done, he sat back down at the kitchen table with a glass of water before he called Gerard back in. In the candlelight, Gerard look incredibly sexy, but to Gerard, Frank looked drop dead gorgeous even after having scared him to death by his meltdown. Turning the chair next to Frank’s towards him, Gerard sat down and looked him over with a look concern. “Are you alright? You scared me up there, you know? I thought someone was trying to hurt you.”

Embarrassed, Frank shook his head, and kept his eyes down on the table. “N-No, I’m…I’m fine, really.”

Gerard tilted his head to the side to get a better look at Frank’s expression, and all that he saw was pure fear. “You don’t look fine to me. What happened to you up there, Frankie? What had you screaming like that?”

Frank winced, tensed up and hesitated on a response for a while. The silence seemed to stretch for years, but Gerard was patient enough and didn’t probe. He sat back and waited, until finally Frank let out a shaky sigh and closed his eyes. “Nothing happened it’s just…” He hesitated again before deciding to go on ahead and tell Gerard the truth. Living in their town he had to have heard about the poor boy that got kidnapped on his birthday, was raped multiple times, and eventually returned by now. “I-It’s just PTSD from when I was…kidnapped and…raped when I was 15 years old.”

Gerard frowned at the word rape, and felt slightly offended that Frank believed that he had actually raped him. Technically, by law he did, but that didn’t mean it felt that way to him. Shaking his head, Gerard faked a shocked reaction of surprise and continued to play his part as the babysitter. “Kidnapped!? Rape!? Are you serious?”

Still refusing to look at him, Frank barely nodded. “I-It happened last year, but yeah…I was kidnapped and raped.”

Gerard shook his head in denial like a concerned friend that found out someone he cared about had been through something just as traumatic. “That’s so terrible. A-Are you okay?”

Frank gave him a small shrug. “I’ll be fine. I imagine my therapy and counseling will make it all better in due time, that’s what they’re being paid for after all.”

Licking his lips, Gerard hesitated for a moment in asking him for detail on what happened to him. Of course, he knew what happened because he was there, but he was curious to hear Frank’s side of the story. “May I…ask what happened? If you don’t feel comfortable talking about it I completely understand. I won’t ever ask you again.”

Turning his head to Gerard, Frank flashed him a look of disbelief. “Wow, I’m surprised you haven’t heard the story by now. Used to be you couldn’t walk ten feet without somebody gossiping about it, but I guess times have changed.” Letting out a heavy sigh, Frank began his sad tale. “I was 15 when it happened, in fact it was on my birthday.”

“When is your birthday?” Gerard interrupted him out of his own selfish curiosity.

“Halloween 31st.” Frank shared before he continued on. “Anyway, a group of people kidnapped me, and…I suspect, murdered my friends. They held me captive for months and eventually let me go after raping me several times. The end.”

Gerard had gone pale and was speechless. It wasn’t Frank’s take on the rape part that got to him, but the murdering of his friends. What on earth made him think his friends had been murdered, he thought to himself, I specifically remembering letting them go myself before Frank was sold at the auction. “Wait, did you say they murdered your friends?”

Frank nodded silently, staring back down at the tabletop again.

“Wow…and all of their bodies were found?” Gerard asked, trying to go with the story, but also trying to figure out the mystery of his missing friends because it didn’t make any sense to him.

Frank felt tears come to his eyes as his small body begin to shake with sobs at the thought of his close friends no longer being around. “N-No I-I never s-saw them again. No one has.” He wipes at his tears furiously, feeling a wave of sobs coming for him. “Their bodies were n-never found. T-They only f-found m-me.”

Gerard gripped his fist as his eyes darken with fury. Frank’s story still made no sense. He had let all of those boys go without any more damaged done to them, and yet they still hadn’t been found? Gerard felt a chill go up his spine as he thought it through. Something had to have happened to those boys sometime after they were let go. Something sinister. Gerard turned his eyes back to Frank to see him silently crying to himself. A need to comfort him overwhelmed the need to let him cry it out on his own. Gerard scooted closer and placed his right hand on top of Frank’s and while his left hand rubbed his back. Leaning his forehead against the side of Frank’s head, he murmured words of comfort in his ear. “Hey shhh, It’s going to be okay. I’m here now. I won’t let anything bad happen to you ever again, you hear me?”

Frank slowly shook his head in denial since he couldn’t bring himself to say anything coherent. He tried parting his lips but only sobs came out. “N-N-No…”

“Shh, don’t talk. If you need to let it all out, then let it all out. I’ll be right here by your side. I’m not going anywhere.” Gerard whispered to him before he pressed his lips against the silky strands of his chocolate brown hair.

It was in that moment, wrapped and leaning against Gerard the babysitter’s chest, that Frank Iero realized that he not only found the man watching his kids attractive, but that he also had developed a major crush the guy as well.