I'm the Last One That You'll Ever Remember

Chapter 78: Swimming

Gerard drove off into the night with his Black Opal by his side. Naturally of course, Frank wouldn’t have come with him if he knew that he was getting into the car with his kidnapper, Poison, who had to dye his hair black again and go by his real name to see him again inconspicuously. Glancing at his small Frankie in the passenger for a few seconds, Gerard returned his eyes to the road. The young boy looked like he belonged there by his side. A smirk pulled at the corner of his lips, before he boldly reached out with one hand to grab ahold of Frank’s, who didn’t try to pull back. Gerard linked their fingers together before turning his attention back to getting them to their destination. If he had spared another glance he would have seen Frank’s face turning a strawberry pink.

Frank was struck confused when Gerard parked his car in the empty parking lot of the high school he used to go to before he switched to homeschool after getting knocked up. He raised an eyebrow at the huge campus before turning his suspicious gaze to Gerard who had cut the engine off and pulled his key out of the ignition. “What um…what are we doing here, Gerard?”

“Oh, you don’t know?” Gerard asked him playfully, a smile spreading across his face. “This place has a swimming pool! Name the many high schools that have a swimming pool.”

Giggling, Frank gave him a shrug. “Honestly, I-I don’t know.”

“Exactly, now let’s go.” Gerard replied as he opened the driver’s door.

“But wait!” Frank exclaimed, once again getting Gerard’s full attention. His light brown eyes were so penetrating, it made Frank feel like he was standing there being undressed by him…which was weird because Gerard had never seen him naked before. “It’s just…t-the school is closed. You can’t just walk in and take a dip, you know?”

Gerard gave him a smug grin. “Already taken of. Now, come on.” He got out of the car and closed the door behind him. Planning to be a gentleman, he walked around to Frank’s side with the intention of opening the door for him, but the young boy jumped out and closed the door behind.

“Seriously? You’ve broken in here already?” Frank asked him in wonder, his big hazel eyes staring at Gerard in surprise.

“Yes, but that’s enough talk for now. We’re wasting time.” Gerard reminded him before taking his hand and leading the way. All it took was a stroll and opening one door for them to be in the school’s indoor swimming pool. “Ta-dah.”

“Wow.” Frank whispered as he shook his head in surprise. He had a smile on his face as he looked up at Gerard. “I can’t believe you broke into here. I never would have suspected this out of you, Gerard.”

Gerard raises an eyebrow as he pulled him along towards the men’s bathroom. “Why not?”

“I don’t know. When you’re around the twins you always seemed so innocent and harmless, but after seeing this…man. This is totally something my friends would have done.” Frank explained to him as they entered the men’s bathroom where two swimming trunks and towels sat on the counter. “Swimming trunks? You really went all out, didn’t you?”

“Naturally.” Gerard responded with a smile before handing him the small one and taking the large one for himself. “There you go.” Not needing to think it over first, Gerard began to take his clothes off. First his leather jacket, then his red T-shirt.

“What are yo-” Frank began but was caught off when Gerard’s hand lowered to undo his grey jeans. His heart lodged in his throat, and his eyes widened more in delight than horror. He stumbled as he made his way past Gerard towards the stalls to get undress. “I-I’ll just get d-dress over h-here.”

As he walked by, Gerard reached out and grabbed his arm. Frank’s eyes snapped up to his, and they simply stood there staring at each other. Frank could hear his heart pounding in his ears as his eyes remained glued to those light brown ones that peeked behind black strands. It seemed forever until Gerard spoke in a low voice. “Don’t take too long.”

“I-I won’t…” Frank whispered back, shaking his head a little. They’re eyes remained on each other as Gerard release him and he began to back up all the way into a stall. He closed the door as fast as he could and collapsed onto the plastic bench, trying to calm his racing heart and fast breathing. Once that was accomplished he took off his clothes, and pulled the swimming trunks on that…surprisingly fit him well. How did Gerard know his size, Frank wondered to himself before shrugging it off as nothing.

Unlocking the door to his stall, he pushed it open to see Gerard was gone. He figured he must be in the pool already and left the locker room to indeed see Gerard slowly treading the water. Hazel eyes widened a bit in admiration of the muscles this guy had. He hadn’t never thought Gerard was fat but neither did he think he had a fit body beneath those loose clothes. At least not this fit. Since Gerard hadn’t spot him yet, Frank went over to the stairs that led into the pool. He took one step at a time just to be careful because he was pregnant with his third child. Jumping recklessly into the pool might be too dangerous to do now that he was carrying again. By the time he was halfway in, Gerard noticed him.

He smiled from afar with appreciation of getting to see Frank almost naked again and dived under the water to swim towards him. Gerard rose out of the waters like Poseidon in front of him, and once again held him captive beneath his eyes. “You said you wouldn’t take long.”

“I-I’m sorry.” Frank apologized, biting on his lower lip. Gerard towered over with him with his magnificent pale form, and smoldering eyes. My god, Frank felt naked in front beneath his stare which was something Gerard has never made him feel like before until tonight. “I um…my zipper was stuck.”

Gerard stared at him for a long time. “Can you swim?”

Frank nodded. “Yeah, m-my parents insisted that I learn.”

“Pity.” Gerard said, frowning a bit to himself before turning around and diving beneath the waters. Frank dived a minute later, trying to keep up with him. A game of racing and tag formulated between the two, and the next minute they knew they were laughing, and splashing at each other. Whenever Gerard was it, he would swim through the water like a missile and grab ahold of Frank. He wouldn’t let go until they broke the surface, and sometimes even then he’d linger. He’d hold Frank close against his body that entire time, his hands gliding over his torso but trying to appear it was all nonchalantly done. Pretty soon after they began playing Tag, Frank began to purposely slow down just so he could feel Gerard touch him much sooner rather than later because it made him shiver in delight and his skin tingle. A smile was forever stuck on his face, and amazingly enough, Gerard’s too.

Frank broke the surface of the water in Gerard’s arms and began laughing as his arms tightened around his neck. “You bastard!

“Got you again.” Gerard grinned as he whispered in Frank’s ear. His face was pressed against his, and his eyes was closed as he savored every moment he had him in his arms. Gerard’s heart was racing, but he blamed it all on the swimming. “You’ll never get away from me.”

“Not when you’re this fast, no!” Frank giggled as he opened his eyes and titled his head up to look up at the ceiling. They were both done playing tag and were now giving it a rest…in each other’s arms. Frank wasn’t dumb enough to deny that he had developed feelings towards Gerard, and that Gerard had most likely had done the same. Why else would they be holding each other like this? Frank’s legs around Gerard’s waist and his arms around his neck. Gerard with his arms around Frank’s waist. No two straight guys would be holding each other this close…or holding each other in general. “Gerard?”

“Hmm.” Gerard responded as he tried to commit Frank’s heartbeat to memory for when they had to part again and return to their own separate lives. If he was dedicated, he’ll be able to remember it before bed and use it to lull himself to sleep.

“I just realized that I don’t…really know much about you.” Frank started out, his eyes dropping to the blue of the water.

Gerard slowly opened his eyes, his face now blank of any expression. “And?”

“And…I wanted to know more about your life.” Frank told him, loosening the hold around his neck so he could run his hands over his shoulder. He didn’t know why it felt so natural to touch Gerard this way. It was almost like they’ve done this many times before, but they hadn’t. Frank would have definitely remembered if he had. “About your family...”