I'm the Last One That You'll Ever Remember

Chapter 81: Banish

Gerard messed up…he messed up bad, and he didn’t need any of his brothers or sisters from the Killjoy family there to tell him otherwise. When his back hit the wall across from Frank’s bed, his head also connected to the wall, and made him grunt from the force of the blow. Taking it like a man that had been through brawls before, Gerard let out a growl, and a made sure that his feet were firmly planted on the ground when his body slid down the wall before jumping to his feet again. Poison lifted his head and glared murderously at the individual that decided to get between him, and his Black Opal through his jet-black hair, but it was Gerard Way who recognized the man as Frank’s father. He had interrupted them. Gerard menacing expression softened immediately, hiding the short glimpse of the murderous kidnapper that took Frank Sr.’s son behind a face of horny teenage guilt.

“WHAT THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU’RE DOING TO MY SON?!” Frank Sr. shouted at Gerard, staring him down with lethal eyes that assured everyone in the room he was not at all afraid to put his hands on Gerard if he felt that he needed to.

On the floor by his bed, Frank was shaking himself out of the thick fog of pleasure he had been mentally lost in to see his father had been the reason Gerard was no longer hovering over him. His eyes widen in horror at his father’s back, knowing full well that the grown man had the intention of murder on his mind according to the tension in his shoulders. “Daddy, no! Don’t!” Frank held out a hand to signal him to stop, but of course that wouldn’t do when his father’s back was to him. “Damnit.” He cursed beneath his breath before struggling to get his still affected body back up on his weak jelly legs. When he managed to do that he stumbled forward towards his dad, and reached out to desperately grab onto his upper arm to get his attention. “Stop, Daddy, please! I-It’s not what you think!”

But unfortunately, his dad wasn’t at all listening to a word he had to save. To keep himself from yelling at his precious baby boy, Frank Sr. kept all his murderous attention on Gerard, who had appeared like he was ready to fight a second after he hit the wall, but was now looking like a harmless little teenager. Lifting one finger, he pointed it sternly towards the boy that tried to have his way with his son, and gave him one fatal threat that he prayed the boy would heed for his sake. “You. You better get the fuck out of my house and never come back! I don’t ever want to see you around my son ever again, do you understand me? If I so much as get any wind of you trying to come near my family I will call the police on you and have your ass thrown in jail!”

Frank’s heart literally broke in his chest, making him choke on his own gasp. His other hand desperately came up to grab ahold of the back of his father’s shirt, yanking at the material to get his attention. He NEEDED his father’s attention. He couldn’t let him do this to him! Frank has been alone for so long since he and his best friends went missing, and when he got back he was torn apart to find that he was the only one that made it back. True, he was safe then, but he was also alone, and as time passed he remained that way…that was until Gerard appeared. Finally, he had someone to talk to, someone to hang with, and laugh with. He made Frank feel human again, but now their relationship was being threaten by his father, and he couldn’t have that. Tears welled up in Frank’s eyes and spilled all in an instant, and there was nothing he could do to push them away when he was weak against his own pregnancy hormones. “NO, DADDY, PLEASE! DON’T DO THIS! I NEED HIM, DON’T BANISH HIM AWAY LIKE THIS!”

“ENOUGH, FRANKLIN!” Frank Sr. finally snapped, yanking his arm from his son’s frantic hold. He shot him a quick lethal glare over his shoulder, not hiding the fact that he was disappointed in him too. “Get back, and let me handle this!”

Frank had jumped out of fear of his father’s anger, not used to seeing him lose his cool like this. His eyes continued to spill as he began to hyperventilate in panic. He shook his head desperately at his father’s words, and clamped a hand over his quivering mouth. “N-No…please!”

The tears in Frank’s voice broke Gerard’s concentration from his father. His light brown eyes trailed over to watch his hazel eyed lover quietly break down in tears behind his father. His brow furrowed at not only the sad sight before him, but also because of the sharp pain it caused in his heart. It occurred to him then and there that he hated to see Frank like this, and knew that if he stood up to his father he would only make it worse for his lover. Gerard’s eyes returned to Frank’s father. He didn’t have to ask to know what the grown man was thinking. He believed that he would win this fight, and that the minute Gerard left his house he’d never come back ever again. And Gerard wouldn’t hesitate to agree with him…if he wasn’t a Killjoy. Carefully, he lifted both of his hands slowly up, palms forward, in a sign of peace and surrender. If Frank Sr. wanted to win this battle so badly, Gerard will let him think so. “Y-Yes, sir. I agree with your term. I’ll go now…sir.”

“Wise choice.” Was all Frank Sr. could say, as he watched the boy closely through narrow slits, his hands both clenched tightly at his sides, ready to strike out if need be.

For the second time, Frank’s heart broke, but this time it was because Gerard was accepting defeat and choosing to walk away from them, and all they’ve shared thus far. He placed a trembling hand on his stomach for a second, feeling his stomach turn at the thought of losing him. Deciding that he couldn’t, that his heart wouldn’t be able to take it, Frank swiftly stepped forward with the intention of slipping around his father, and reaching out to grab ahold of Gerard before he could take his first step towards his bedroom door. “No, please don-” Sadly, he was cut off by his father’s fierce grip on his arm, yanking him back to remain at his side.

Gerard briefly, because he knew he would only be allowed to briefly, spared his lover an assuring glance. He wished he could tell him more. He wished he could re-gather him back up in his arms, and show him more, but that wasn’t wise, not with his father still around. “I’ll go.” Hoping Frank Sr. would take that as his breakup with his son, Gerard turned towards Frank’s bedroom door and left, grabbing his jacket on the floor on his way out. Out of Frank’s life forever…

“No, please Gerard!” Frank cried out behind him, trying to yank out of his dad’s hold. “DON’T GO! DON’T LEAVE ME ALONE AGAIN!”

“Franklin Anthony Iero, get ahold of yourself, right now, young man!” Frank Sr. demanded his son without an ounce of softness, or regret in his voice.

Still struggling against him, Frank snapped his eyes towards his father, and glared just as murderously as he had at Gerard. “What the hell is wrong with you, daddy!? Why do you have to be such a jerk to him!? He did nothing wrong!”

Frank Sr. finally let go of Frank, but now pointed a finger right at his face. “One, don’t you ever talk to me like that again, boy!” He warned him. “And two, don’t presume to tell what he did or did not do wrong just now, because I saw everything!”

“No, you didn’t!” Frank lied, not knowing what else to say to win this argument. “You just chased away my only friend for no reason!”

“Friend!?” Frank Sr. scoffed. “He was no friend of yours, Frankie, can’t you see that!? He obviously was using you to get into your pants, and if it hadn’t been for me!” He jabbed his fingers against his own chest. “He would have gone in and out so fast your head would have been spinning trying to figure out why the guy no longer came around to see you anymore.”

Frank sniffled, shaking his head in denial. “N-No…not Gerard! Never Gerard…”

“What do you think would have happened just now had I not interfered, huh?” Frank Sr. demanded to know in a more lowered tone, crossing his arms over his chest. “Do you think he would have stayed afterwards, and you two would be walking down the aisle as man and…well, man?!”

“I-I don’t…” Frank had no idea what he, and Gerard would ever be. Come to think about it, he hadn’t ever really thought about it. How could he when he was running after him begging for kisses all the damn time like a toddler chased cookies.

“Uh huh, what about Lorenzo and Venetia? Would you have told him about them, and where they truly come from?” Frank Sr. asked him before gesturing to his belly that was currently carrying his third child. “What about that little one in there? He would have to know eventually, considering that he could impregnate you at any given time.”

Frank didn’t know what else to say other than the angsty teenage response. He glared at him with clenched fists at his side, and stomped his foot on his hardwood floor. “I HATE YOU, DADDY!”

His father completely saw right through that, not just because it was his son, and he knew him well, but also because he still called him ‘daddy’. Frank Sr. let out a sigh, but that stern expression remained. “And I love you too, son, but I won’t ever apologize for trying to protect you, and my grandchildren. You’re not just some ordinary kid, Frank, and it’s about time you faced that. Your life is no longer about what Frank wants anymore. You lost that when you decided to keep the twins. Now, your life is about them, and every decision you make from the moment they were born will affect them for good, and for worse.”

Seeing his father’s point but not willing to show it, Frank remained silent, and continued to glare at him.

“Now, we’re gonna go downstairs, and wait for your mother to return from visiting the neighbors. You’re gonna tell her what happened, and after that you’re grounded for a couple mont-”

“A COUPLE OF MONTHS!?” Frank screeched in shock, though he knew he shouldn’t have. His parents took grounding to a whole nother level than most parents.

“No phone use except for emergencies, no TV, no movies, no electronics except for school work, and no treats or snacks. If you break any of the rules, we’re gonna start taking things out of your room, and Lorenzo and Venetia won’t be allowed to come and visit you anymore.” Frank Sr. informed him, knowing the twins absence would affect him the most. And he was right. He watched his son collapse to the floor in tears, and despite the pang in his own heart, he merely walked around him towards his bedroom door. “Collect yourself, then come downstairs.” With those last words, Frank Sr. closed the bedroom door behind him, and made his way downstairs.