I'm the Last One That You'll Ever Remember

Chapter 87: Quaratining

Throughout that month, Gerard would continue to sneak into Frank’s room in the middle of practically every night. He had little fear of anyone spotting him climbing up the Iero’s house or informing Frank’s parents that he was seen around with their child in public at night. It was truly unwise of him to not expect such disaster to happen, but Gerard was too lost in Frank’s lips to think of any of the worse case scenarios that could be headed their way. Frank was none the wiser too, his naivety and teenage hormones mixed with his pregnancy hormones were already getting in the way of everything. It was only when his stomach started to protrude a little bit on his second month of pregnancy did he start to kiss and fondle less and focus more on conversating and finding similar interests with Gerard, who didn’t complain on the lack of passionate activities all of a sudden. Talking wasn’t as fun as making out, but it was a bit romantic all the same what with the soft whispers, kisses, and laughter…not to mention the constant cuddling.

Unfortunately, all good things come to an end, and Frank’s happen between the very end of third month and the beginning of his fourth month marking the beginning of his second trimester. In this trimester it would be impossible to hide the growth of his child now. His parents too knew this and waited until Frank came back from the bathroom where he was suffering from morning sickness to drop the devastating reminder. Entering the living room, Frank rubbed his belly as his pale form dropped into the spot on the couch between his parents where they had all been watching Rick & Morty. “Ugh, I feel like shi-crap EVERY single morning now!”

Margo pitied her son’s complaint and took his hand in hers to pat the back of it. “My poor pumpkin.”

“Frank, we need to talk.” Frank Sr. cut in before his wife could start babying their son again. They had agreed when their son ran off to throw his guts up in the bathroom that they would bring up the indication that it was time for him to be quarantined in their home, but now Margo was distracted and coddling their son like he was 2 years old again. That was their relationship in a nutshell.

“About what, daddy?” Frank asked his dad, turning his head to look at him with obliviousness in his eyes.

“Son, you’re slipping into your second trimester. Do you remember what happened last time when you slipped into your second trimester?” Frank Sr. question him with a stern raised eyebrow.

Frank was puzzled a minute as he tried to recall what had taken place the last time he was pregnant because he often kept forgetting. When it finally dawned on him his hazel eyes widen in horror before face shifted to pout up at his father. “Daddy, no! I don’t want to go through that again!”

“I’m sorry, but you have to. It’s for your own good…not to mention yours and the baby’s protection.” Frank Sr. reminded him, bringing up the many people that would label a pregnant male as a freak of nature that should be extinguished because it didn’t fit into what they saw as ‘normal’.

Turning his head to his left, Frank leaned over to cuddle against his mother’s side who accepted her troubled son with open arms. “Mommy, please! Don’t lock me up in this house again!”

“Pumpkin, you have to.” Margo pressured him as she coddled him closer. “You’re gonna be showing very soon and that’ll makes it harder to keep you safe. We have to keep you out of sight in order to protect you, you know this. Don’t you remember what happened to that poor man three years ago?”

Sadly, he did. Three years ago, a man moved into their hometown. One day, the man’s stomach started to get bigger and rounder with what others guessed was from too much good eating, but soon discovered was a human baby was growing within him. Every went crazy, and it soon it became the most talked about story going on! A couple of men from the church broke into the pregnant man’s house, kidnapped him, tortured him in a remote location, dismembered him, and then tossed his body into a locked crate that was later disposed in the river. His unborn child was found burned alive in the fire pit at the same place he had been tortured. 6 months after the death, they found out the victim was actually a woman who had undergone surgery to become a man so in a way, him getting pregnant wasn’t all that shocking. But still, the horrifying details of the crime were the kind of things his parents were bring up to him as a reminder when he felt the need to get outside and be free.

Frank lifted his head from her chest and continued to plead his case, almost spilling the real reason why he didn’t want to be locked up. “But I can’t be locked up this time, it’s important!”

“Important? Why is that?” Frank Sr. asked him curiously as he paused his son’s favorite show to give him his undivided attention. He was genuinely interested on knowing what could be more meaningful than his grandchild’s safety.

“H-Huh?” Frank stuttered now that the room was silent and only their conversation could be heard echoing off the walls. Thanks to his big mouth he was now put on the spot and had to come up with a reason that was more important than the safety of himself and his unborn child.

“Why is it so important that you’re not quarantined to this house?” Frank Sr. clarified. “If memory serves you don’t exactly go out a lot except to visit the twins and go to work which now the only way you’ll make money is by us until after the birth of our grandchild then you can resume working, and of course, the twins can come by anytime to see you pregnant or not. So, pray tell, what is the issue here?”

Frank gulped. His father had him snared and there was no other excuse he could think of to win the discussion. Luckily for him he was suffering with pregnancy hormones which made him susceptible to cry at any goddamn thing such as this. Blinking several times, Frank’s eyes began to fill and as usual he went to wipe them away. “I-I’m sorry, daddy, you’re right. I don’t know what the heck I’m saying anymore! There’s no denying that I can go out anymore, and I understand the reason for that 100%. It’s just the hormones making me talk crazy, I guess. I’m really sorry.”

“Don’t apologize, son.” Frank Sr. assured his son as he reached up and ruffled his hair. “How about we forget about all this and watch our favorite family show? What do you say, kiddo?”

“Actually, I think I need a moment.” Frank objected politely as he got up from the couch. “These tears are insisting on coming out one way or another.”

Margo stood up as well. “Let’s get you upstairs and calm you down, then we can continue watching your show, okay pumpkin?”

“We’ll be back soon, daddy.” Frank called to him and went up to his room where he collapsed onto his bed and instantly began to cry. He was devastated, and he wasn’t sure why. Technically, this quarantine business didn’t change much of anything in his life other than the fact he couldn’t go grab any snacks from the convenience store anymore if he wanted to. In fact, this quarantining thing was more unfortunate for his parents than him! They had to fetch everything for him and cater to his every needs on top of paying bills, going to work, spending time with grandkids and parenting their own child! And when the subject of Gerard was added into the picture, his quarantine technically wouldn’t stop him from sneaking up into his room…but something else definitely would. Second trimester meant Frank would start showing which meant Gerard would be able to see and physically feel that there was a pregnant belly growing where a normal male’s belly should be! Frank felt his heart stop cold in his chest, and his sobbing began to spill heavier and louder than before that it beckoned his mom onto his bed with him instead of sitting in one of his comfy chairs.

“Goodness, pumpkin, whatever is the matter?” Margo cooed as she ran her fingers through his hair, not believing that intensity and rawness of this emotional outcry had anything to do with pregnancy hormones. “Does this have to do with that boy that babysat our twins by any chance?”

“Wait, what!?” Frank exclaimed in surprise, opening his bloodshot eyes to stare up at his mother in disbelief and shock. “H-How…?”

“I’m your mother.” Margo reminded with a raised eyebrow. “And you’re not as sneaky as you like to think.”

Frank sat himself up and began to question her. “How long have you known? Does daddy know too?”

“I’ve known for a few days and no, your father doesn’t know yet.” Margo answered truthfully. “If he did know he’d have moved us to China or some other country to keep you out of that boy’s clutches.”

“Mommy, please.” Frank began to beg, pressing his palms together in a prayer like fashion. “Please, you have to let me continue to see him, at least with just my eyes! I trust him, and you know how hard it is for me to trust people these days after what happened to me.”

“I know, pumpkin.” Margo assured him, running a hand through his tousled hair as she stared at him through sad but unyielding eyes. “But I’m going to allow you the opportunity to ask me this question one more time, because you will NOT ask me it again, you hear?” She waited patiently as her son begged her again before answering.” And my answer to your question…is no, Frankie. I won’t let you continue to see that boy while you’re carrying my grandchild. I refuse to allow you to put yourself at risk like that for a boy that might only be interested in getting into your pants.”

Frank couldn’t believe what his mother was saying! Out of his two parents she was always the more lenient, and yet here she was standing her ground like an impenetrable mountain. This was completely unheard of and was severely digging Frank deeper into a depression. Glaring hatefully at his beloved mother who he loved so much, he jerked away from her touch and sobbed out an emotional hateful outburst. “GET OUT! JUST GET OUT AND LEAVE ME ALONE!” With a wail, Frank tossed his blankets over his head and curled into a ball beneath them, crying his heart out like Juliet must have cried for her Romeo once upon a time…because that was what Gerard was to him, his Romeo, and he was his Juliet. But now they would be forced apart and all because Frank couldn’t abort his kidnapper’s baby.