I'm the Last One That You'll Ever Remember

Chapter 9: His Brother's Rampage

The group surrounding Frank cackled, and cheered with entertainment…except for Kobra. He was the only one smart enough to know something was special about Frank, or Black Opal as Sable calls him, and that it wasn’t a good idea to fuck with him. He was surprised that no one else understood that, except for him and his Sable. The first hint Poison had given him, was when he had bid for the first time on Frank, which surprised EVERYONE, since he has never cared enough to bid before. That alone had Kobra curious about this Black Opal. The second hint was the way Poison cradled his prize like he was a precious gem rather than drag him by his hair to be killed later on. The third hint was when Kobra came downstairs one morning to find Rouge in the kitchen making a huge breakfast for Frank. Poison was pacing behind a cowering Rouge, with his knife in one hand, shouting at Rouge to make it perfect. The fourth hint, from what Kobra could tell, was going to happen any second now…

A loud crashing sound coming from upstairs stopped everyone’s playtime. The girls jumped back in fright and dropped their scalpels, fearing it was who they hoped it wasn’t. Everyone else stood up on their feet, except for Sable and Kobra. No one was sure who had made that sound or why, but it was loud enough to make everyone concerned. The next sound that followed was the sound of furniture crashing violently together along with some shattered glass. Could it be an intruder, the young kids thought at first, before noting their leader and Sable’s calm demeanor? If someone did break into the house, those two would be more alarmed than calm. Then it couldn’t be an outsider…it had to be someone from the inside.

Before anyone could say anything about it, a roar came ripping through the house, followed by wood being smashed into pieces. It sounded there was a monster upstairs. Afterwards came the all too familiar sounds of heavy boot pounding away above them, the slamming of a door, and the sound of someone stampeding down the stairs.

The living room had the perfect view of the foyer and the end of the staircase, and so when the raging monster came pounding down the stairs, everyone was shocked to see it was Poison. Earlier on, the knife that Frank had lost had been kicked up into the ceiling of the foyer so fast by Citrus that Frank couldn’t comprehend which direction it went and so he ran. Poison saw it before he even reached the bottom of the stairs, and retrieved it by jumping off the last few steps, grabbing ahold of the hilt and yanking it out of the wall by using his weight as he dropped to the floor. The man looked angrier than they had ever seen him, and was almost unrecognizable in his appearance with his red hair looking like it was pulled in random directions, his skin glistening with sweat, his green eyes wild and crazy and his face noticeably red from his temper tantrum upstairs. Poison looked like a bull ready to cause some damage that would likely end with several of his comrades dead. Everyone was looking like terrified children, waiting for a beating from their parents.

Frank let out a gurgle from being choked by Cinnamon’s tight hold, almost as if to warn Poison where he was before he lost consciousness. Poison’s head snapped in their direction before he came barging into the living room, purposefully picking up and throwing a nearby end table against the wall, shattering it into pieces as he roared at them while pointing his knife threateningly at each of them. The moment he saw they had Frank, he completely lost his self-control.

“WHY THE FUCK ARE YOU TOUCHING WHAT IS MINE!!?” Poison roared like a mad man out of his mind. The room was silent in response as everyone jumped back in fright, damn near peeing their pants. Never had they’ve seen this side of Poison before. And it’s been years they’ve been moving from town to town and living together with him. After all that time, they’d figure they’ve seen it all.

No one dared to remind Poison about the rules of what happens to prizes out of their rooms, nor did they dare to say a word. Instead, the girls quickly huddles together behind the couch in fear, peeking up over the cushions occasionally. Sable stood up and held up her hands to try and sooth Poison, giving Iris and Rouge a chance to back up out of the room to safety.

“Calm down, Poison.” Sable cooed, trying to cool him down with her gentle tone.

But Poison wasn’t listening to her. His eyes had just honed in on Cinnamon holding a blue looking Frank. Poison’s chest was rising up and down with uncontrollable anger as he went charging for Cinnamon with his knife ready to kill. Kobra stood up and yanked Black Opal out of Cinnamon’s hold when his grip had begun to loosen in fear. The timing was perfect because Poison had already begun stabbing the life out of the giant, repeatedly sinking his knife into Cinnamon’s side.

“Don’t fucking touch what is MINE! Do you fucking hear me? Do you fucking hear me, you piece of shit!” Poison shouted at him in-between stabs. Kobra dragged Black Opal down on the couch, not showing any emotion about his brother currently killing a member of their group so savagely. To him, everyone in the group was clearly expendable except for himself, Poison and Sable…and now it looks like Black Opal too, though Kobra imagined the little guy wouldn’t be murdering anyone anytime in the future. Unlike everyone else that decided to stand by and watch the giant crumble to his knees, Dash wasn’t having it.

“Hey, stop it, you fucking crazy lunatic!!” Dash stepped behind Poison and tried to grab ahold of his knife, which was a huge mistake. Poison bashed the back of his head into Dash’s nose, fracturing it before grabbing him in a chokehold and shoving him back against the nearest wall.

“You want a fucking piece of me, Rainbow Dash? HUH!?” Poison seethed, tightening his grip on Dash’s throat so he could watch Dash slowly suffocate while the blood from his nose poured down his chin throughout his struggles.

Kobra stepped forward then, ending his brother’s rampage. “Poison, that’s ENOUGH! They’ve all learned their lesson now, take your prize and go.”

Poison eyes shot towards the couch where Frank was fading in and out of consciousness. With a sigh, Poison released his hand from Dash’s throat, right after pulling him forward a little and then shooting him back so his head connected against the wall with loud thud. Dash let out an angry grunt before sliding down to the floor, hooding the back of his head.

“POISON, GO! I mean it.” Kobra sternly ordered his brother, not in the mood to be defied.

Poison didn’t hesitate to walk over to retrieve his prize. The girls hiding behind the couch made a run for it as fast as they could, just in case he’d try and stab them next. Poison hooked one of his arms under Frank’s leg and wrapped his other arm around his back before lifting Frank up and carrying him out of the room without looking back.

Kobra looked to Cinnamon and saw that he was slowly and painfully dying. With a quick nod to Sable, Cinnamon was immediately dispatch with a knife to the back of his neck. The younger girls gathered around the giant in silent mourning for their friend. Dash watched from his spot against the wall, cradling his bloody nose. He took one look at Kobra, and then went off on him.

“What the FUCK did you just let him do, Kobra?!” Dash seethed from behind his cupped hands. Kobra looked over at Dash and merely shrugged in response.

“I warned you guys not to touch him. It’s not my fault Cinnamon didn’t listen.”

Dash watched in anger as Sable wiped the remaining blood on her blade across her pants. “Are you FUCKING KIDDING ME!? We all know the rules! Prizes out of bounds are free grabs! That’s what you said Kobra! THAT’S WHAT YOU SAID!”

“I KNOW WHAT I FUCKING SAID!!” Kobra shouted back, feeling a headache coming on from all the trouble his brother caused.

Sable stepped forward and placed her hand on Kobra’s shoulder in support. “And we also know that the rules don’t apply to Poison.”

“Bullshit! We’ve killed his prizes plenty of times when they were outside of his room!” Dash retaliated, pointing a finger at Sable.

“Yes, but Poison never gave a shit about any of them. Black Opal is Poison’s first bid! He is the only person we’ve dragged in here that Poison took an interest in. Did you really think you can kill him without feeling Poison’s wrath?” Sable elaborated, trying to explain what everyone should already know about Poison.

“What!? You fucking threw him down the stairs, Sable!” Dash recalled harshly.

Sable nodded. “I know. When I saw him with Poison’s knife, I honestly thought Black Opal killed him in his sleep, thus is why I pushed him down the stairs. After you guys were running after him all through the house, I went upstairs to find Poison asleep in his room. I knew then that that little boy was trying to escape without having to kill any one of us. He didn’t kill Poison when he had the chance to. I don’t think he wanted to kill any of us out of revenge. He just wanted to go back home.”

Dash groaned. “Oh Jesus Christ, why the hell do you two keep calling him Black Opal! He’s a prize, not one of us.”

Kobra and Sable shared a similar look. Unlike every other member that messed around with one another, Poison kept to himself social and physically. Sable was certain that Poison wanted Black Opal for his own intimate reasons, and Kobra couldn’t agree more. He felt like his brother was truly besotted by his prize, and was convinced Poison was looking for something more mutually romantic with Frank.