Urges

Old Gods, Bad News

Back to the rooftops. My happy place if you will. I had never moved around this much though. I was currently tailing Cecily as she made it down the street from her house to the place that she 'worked'. I used that term loosely because I didn't see what kind of work she could possibly do if she couldn't see. She hadn't gone into detail what that was but I assumed I would find out once she got there safely.

We had made it two blocks before anything happened. She kept looking up as if she could see me. I was usually at least a house or building away from her just to have a better vantage point about where we were headed and who was around. There weren't too many lethal types around and for that I was grateful.

I gave no damns about how she was used to be around people like that but I didn't trust anyone strongly enough to let them have a free pass.

There were no free passes in this world either. You got whatever you go coming to you; myself included. I could say that now as a person who had lost plenty in his transition. I learned and I had become who I am today because of it. I know that she was a good person and while that was well and good it didn't count for other people. People were just people to those who liked to take advantage of others and take the blood for what it worth; a fuel.

I stopped with her as she did. I didn't understand what it was until she looked up and gestured for me to meet her. I wasn't sure what the problem was but I went down out of curiosity.
"What?" I mumbled.

"In the alleys." She spoke lowly.

I whipped my head around to where she was talking about. I could feel them, I could hear them. Instead of moving towards them I pushed her ahead to keep on going. I wouldn't know what they wanted unless we kept on with what we were doing. I decided to stay with her on the ground, it would be easier to get to her than climbing back up high. As much as I loved it up there some things were better on the ground.

"Let's go." I spoke loud enough for them to hear me not that was much trouble with the hearing capabilities.

She stayed still for a minute before I squeezed her shoulder eliciting a gasp from her mouth. I sighed. This was harder than I thought.

She moved slowly ahead and I stayed next to her keeping all my senses alert in case they decided that attacking was the better option.

It wasn't in my nature to coil up like this and do nothing but I couldn't fully assess the situation as of yet. I wanted to strike but I also wanted to make sure Cecily got where she needed to go safely.

That was my priority even if she had been wholly against it.

We only had to go around the corner and then once again we stopped. This time for good. Her hand reached out for the door to a tall building that I vaguely recognized. It was teaching center for the handicapped and young.

Being blind served as one of these, I realized.

Before she went in I felt compelled to ask while frowning, "What do you do?"

"I help people like me. Young blind kids." A small appeared on her mouth. This made her happy.
I grunted, acknowledging it but not really saying much else. She opened the door after a few beats of the wind whipping at her hair and no words between the two of us.

I waited until I heard her conversing with someone who I deemed safe from the calm of their heartbeat to step away from the door. I didn't move far just a few paces beyond the doors.

Then I realized what I would have to do. There were at least seven of them surrounding me in all directions. Each vile suspect barely showing themselves at first from their positions in the alleys or across the street. I could feel the glee in their cool hearts as they stepped closer to me.

I grinned, sighing shortly and letting my eyes resume their usual bored expression while I straightening up.

"Well boys, what did I do this time?" I stated as the tallest of the seven came from behind me. He was their enforcer.

"Do we really need to answer that?" The fattest one, an easily recognizable one out of the seven stated. He was called Pork. Offensive but true to how he acted in most situations.

"No. I could kill all of you right now." I flexed my hand.

Pork opened his mouth to say something, I had most certainly gotten under his skin - not a hard feat - when the man behind me spoke. "Victor Emmett Wilkinson, you have interfered with the cause of the high lords."

"God and the angels above?" I joked, playing off the fact that this was a serious matter. I had done my best to stay out of THEIR eye view.

Look where I was now.

"Explain." I huffed, angling my head around to look at the bald head man with the eery blue eyes that was called Tyme. Oddly enough that was no a misspelling, his parents or his creators had given him that name. He was one of the few you didn't want to deal with but I'd do it just to get away from him. To get away from THEIR peering eyes.

"Come." Was the only thing he said before turning and walking in the direction he had stalked out of.
I looked at the others briefly still wanting to harm them but instead decided that my need to know what I had gotten myself into was much greater than my craving to rip out a couple hearts and suck the tasteless blood off my hands later.

I moved away in the direction that Tyme went slowly. I reached into my pocket for the phone I rarely used and sent a quick message before catching up with him.

Cecily. The learning center. 3pm
♠ ♠ ♠
edited on 3.24.2016