Good Girls Don't Make Deals With Demons

Chapter 3: The nightmare begins

After a long argument I finally convinced Sarah that Damon would not be my puppy's name. The last thing I wanted to remember was that smoldering hot demon. He was already going to be haunting me all he pleased, that should've been enough for him. Don't get me wrong, I was grateful that he was nice to me but he was still a demon that planned on having sex with me. Yup, if I wasn't going to hell before I was definitely going now because deep down I wanted him to fuck me.

"Lucky!" Sarah's voice interrupted my thoughts.

"What?" I asked confused.

"That should be his name. He is lucky." Sarah explained.

I looked down at the puppy laying at my feet. He had the right idea. Sleep was definitely a good idea. Then maybe I could wake up and this could of all been a horrible dream. For a split second it became completely silent in the kitchen. The only sound was that of a quiet hum from the fridge. Sarah was reaching for her jacket when my cell phone rang, illuminating the room with music.

I picked up my Iphone and cleared my throat before I answered. "Hello?"

"Hi, this is Mary from Shands Hospital, I need to speak to Eliza Ruben." A female voice spoke on the other line.

"This is her." I replied and put my hand on my chest. My heart was going out of rhythm. Hospitals only called when there was bad news.
"I'm calling to let you know that your brother, Adam is awake."

My stomach dropped. "What?" That was all I could say. "He woke up about five minutes ago. He appears to be healthy but we are going to run some tests to make sure. I think you should come see him now because our visiting hours will be over soon." The nurse reminded.

I gave my head a nod even though she couldn't see me. "Of course, I will be there as soon as possible." I hung the phone up and smiled at Sarah who was giving a confused look. "That was the hospital. Adam woke up!" I jumped off the chair, trying to avoid stepping on the puppy. "He's awake! Come, on we gotta go see him!"

The hospital was full of people. Mostly nurses and doctors that kept putting themselves in my way from seeing my brother. Sure, I had just seen him the other day but he wasn't awake then. Now that I knew I could look into his eyes and hear his voice it felt like I was a kid rushing to get to a candy store. I was practically jogging in the hall, trying to reach my brother's room.

Room 352 this was it! I opened the door to see Adam sitting in a wheelchair with his back facing me. The only part of him that I could see was his raven black hair. I opened my mouth to talk but I wasn't quite sure what to say. For a whole year I had to watch my brother lay down on some bed with tubes coming out of his mouth, but now he was awake.

"Eliza?" Adam's raspy voice made me spring into action.

I practically rammed myself into his frail body. He let out a loud grunt from the impact but engulfed me with his arms. It was amazing hearing his voice and seeing him move. His voice wasn't quite on cue yet from the tubes being down his throat but that was okay. He was no longer asleep.

I pulled away and blinked back tears that were threatening to pour out of my eyes. My brother had nice thick raven black hair with watery brown eyes. His face was once covered with a growing beard but he obviously shaved since he woke up. I would never forget how much my brother looked like our father with high cheek bones and a narrow nose.

"Have I really been out for a whole year?" He asked in near disbelief.

"Yeah." I leaned against the window sill, blocking his view of the full moon. "It's great to see you again. Well I've seen you before but you were-" I motioned my hand towards the empty bed.

"I know the nurses said you came almost everyday. Hey, where's Mom and Dad? Why aren't they with you?"

That's right, Adam didn't know that our parents were dead. Well fuck me sideways for not being able to bring ghosts to my brother. I bit my lip and shook my head, hoping he would catch the hint. I didn't want to form the words 'our parents are dead'. Even though it had been a year my chest still felt numb from the pain and emptiness.

"They didn't survive the crash." He stated in a whisper.

I turned to Sarah who was quietly leaning against the wall. "Hey, you mind starting the car? I'll be down in a few minutes."
She nodded and headed out the room.

[Sarah POV]
Sarah shuttered against the gentle cool breeze as she began fiddling with the keys. She was proud of Eliza for being brave and holding on while everyone else told her to let go. Her stomach was full of butterflies from seeing Adam. Eliza and he had been friends for 12 years. She harbored a crush on Adam the last 3 years.

"Damn key, which one are you?" She asked.

She stopped fumbling with the mess of keys when she heard a pair of footsteps behind her. They were awfully close so she decided to turn around. She may have been a girl but she refused to get mugged at anytime, day or night. To say she was surprised would be an understatement. She was expecting some dirty hobo, but instead she found a man who looked fresh out of a Calvin Klein modeling page.
That thick dark hair and those nice dark blue eyes had her mesmerized. All the threats and foul language she had planned to use went out the window. This was one good looking man, she even liked the tattoos decorating his arms. One that particularly stood out was one of a sailor with a blue hat on. The man scanned her body with a simple smile on his face.

"I'm sorry if I startled you, I saw you were having some trouble with your keys and figured I could help you." The man's voice came out silky smooth.

Sarah opened her mouth to object but it was too late. The stranger grabbed the sack of keys and with in the blink of an eye he had the Porsche opened. He handed her the keys and leaned on the opened door with one arm resting on the top. Sarah wasn't sure what it was about the stranger but something about him screamed trouble with a capital T.

"Thank you sir, have a nice night."

"Hey I need you to give a message to your friend. I believe her name is Eliza." He cocked an eyebrow as if in deep thought.

"How do you know Eliza?" She asked cautiously.

"Consider me an acquaintance so a name won't be necessary. I just need you to tell her that I hope everything goes good with her brother." He winked at her then simply walked away.

Sarah sat in the driver's seat and started the car. Her finger brushed over the locked button to make sure no one could get in. That man gave her the heebie jeevies and she wanted to get as far away from this place as soon as possible.

[Eliza POV]
The cold breeze slapped me the moment I walked out of the hospital. I practically skipped to the car, happiness filling my soul. Half of my problems were gone. My brother was finally awake and so far healthy as a horse. All I had to do was work on the bills but I didn't care about that. I would have my brother to help me through the bullshit.

As soon as I walked up to the Porsche Sarah unlocked it. I sat in the passenger seat and froze when I saw Sarah's face. She looked like she had just seen a ghost with her eyes wide and alert.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"I have a message from this guy. He had dark hair, blue eyes, and-"
"Tattoos on his arms?" I interrupted her.

"Yeah, he wanted to say that he hopes everything goes good with your brother. It was so strange, there was something off about him. How do you know him?"

I sat back in the seat and let out a stressful sigh, ignoring Sarah's question. She was talking about Damon and he wasn't worried about my brother at all. He just wanted to remind me of the nightmare that was about to begin if it didn't already start.