Mausoleum of Memories

Chapter 26

Mavis' P.O.V.

Being home only made things worse. I was reminded of him here too. Things especially got bad for me when I found out he had gotten back with Jonna. I can't eat, sleep, or function anymore I just feel like a zombie going through the motions of everyday. Everyone was worried about me but, I didn't care. The only thing I did care about was Ville I really want him back. I've broken down and called him but, he's never answered. The past couple of months have been an absolute hell. Without Ville I'm not really alive. I feel like my heart has become a mausoleum haunting me with the memories we had together.

Out of curiosity I got on YouTube and looked up HIM. To my surprise I found a new video titled This Fortress of Tears. When I clicked on it I was floored when I saw where it was filmed. It was in the Historical Building. As they closed up on Ville's face you could see the sadness in his emerald eyes, still as gorgeous as ever. I caused that sadness and there was nothing I could do to fix it.

Ricky's P.O.V.

Joslyn and I were watching a movie when I got a phone call, it was Mavis' mom. I answer, "Hey Olivia. What's up?" She replies, "Ricky I'm really worried about Mavis. Since she came home she's been locked up in her room. That's not all she barely eats, doesn't sleep, and lays in bed all day. Please come talk to her Ricky you're her best friend. If something isn't done I'm afraid we're going to lose her." "Okay I'll be over in a bit", I say. Olivia says, "Thanks Ricky." then hangs up. I knew Mavis was depressed but, I didn't know it was that bad. Jos asks, "Everything okay?" I say, "Not really. Mavis has been really bad since Finland her mom wants me to talk to her. I'll be back soon." "Okay babe. Just tell her I said hi and maybe when she's up to it we can have a girl's day." she replies. I nod and kiss her goodbye before leaving.

When I got to the house I went to Mavis' room and heard HIM music playing. I open the door and say, "Mavis don't torture yourself like this please." She replies, "I'm sorry Rick. I still love him so much. I want him back more than anything." "Do you still not remember what happened that last night?" She shakes her head saying, "No not a thing but, I wasn't drunk. And I would never cheat on someone I love. You know that Ricky." Mavis had a good point. I say, "Maybe I'll call one of the guys and ask if they can find anything that might help." "Thanks Ricky. I'm not expecting much though." That's understandable we need proof that Mavis didn't cheat and if there was any I would do all I could to help.

So I called Linde he says, "Hey Ricky it's been a while." "Yeah man too long." I reply. He asks, "How's Mavis doing?" I say, "She's really tore up about what happened. I've caught her looking at pictures and listening to your music." "Yeah I heard Jonna arguing with Ville not too long ago about him still having pictures of Mavis. He still loves her Rick." Linde says. I say, "If you find anything that proves Mavis didn't cheat please let me know then tell Ville." Linde replies, "Okay I will." then hangs up.