804

Prologue

Everyone hid their numbers. Alex didn’t know why, couldn’t even begin to comprehend it. He thought that if they really wanted to find their Other Half, they would showcase their mark, let everyone see what their number was so they had a better chance at finding their love. When he was younger and asked his parents about it, they had told him that the marks were private things, meant for you and your Other Half only. He continued to pester them about it for weeks, still unsure of how someone could find their Other Half if they couldn’t see the mark. His parents had claimed, “When you meet them for the first time, you just know. You get a feeling and you know you’ve found the one.” Even at the youthful age of ten, Alex knew that that was complete, utter bullshit. So now, at the age of seventeen, Alex wears his number proudly, showcasing it for the world to see. It’s considered risque, but that doesn’t stop him, because when he meets his Other Half, he wants them to know immediately that he’s the one for them.
♠ ♠ ♠
I posted this forever ago on Wattpad, and then kind of abandoned it. I've decided that I'd like to continue working on it, and figured Mibba is better than Wattpad, so here we are.