Status: Active.

I've Got Just One Regret to Live Through

Main Focus: Levi Ackerman
Main Character: Darcy Ackerman
Title Credit: Nearly Witches (Ever Since We Met) -- Panic! at the Disco

Levi stopped at the gate of Wall Rose inside the Trost District, hesitating momentarily. At that moment he had remembered the day, two weeks ago in the Shiganshina District, as the Colossal Titan laid claim to the town. Darcy had been extremely angry with him, to the point where she wouldn't even look at him. That was how he knew he had screwed up.

But even with regret for his actions pooling in his stomach, he had headed to work, walking out the door without so much as even a 'goodbye'. And that was the biggest mistake of his life.

It was in the late afternoon, as the Scout Regiment brought their horses back to the stables just inside Wall Maria, titans began to destroy the small district. Fear Levi had never experienced arose inside him as he thought about his wife being attacked by titans, but he had to stay and fight off the ones stumbling through the broken wall to Shiganshina.

And when he finally returned to the house, only to find it destroyed, his heart had completely sunk. He was broken and beaten.

"Levi..." Captain Erwin spoke softly, but sternly from his right side. "Stop thinking about the past. She's inside there, and I'm positive she's forgiven you by now."

"...Yeah..." the short soldier responded, deciding to act instead of think. He had been inside his head for two whole months, far too long. He needed to see his wife. He just hoped she was waiting for him too.