Lost in Her Eyes

Call Me Crazy

After returning to from the tour with Motionless In White, I had to play a Her Dark Secret show because we had just got announced to Warped Tour 2015. We had to make a Warped Tour announcement video. I got out laptop, and clicked on the option in which you can video tape the computer screen, and I Skyped Pierce, Jax, and Devie.

"Guys I have crazy news," I said.

"What is it Hunter?" Jax asked.

"We're going to be playing the Vans Warped Tour all summer long!" I announced. My band members freaked out. Devie looked like she was about to cry. The announcement video cut to a scene of us playing live out song "Make a Move" (A/N I know that's an Icon For Hire song just pretend that all of Icon For Hire's music belongs to Her Dark Secret in the story.) I was truly excited to be playing Vans Warped Tour, it was always our dream to be playing it. I guess I should tell you a little about Her Dark Secret since this a big part of my life, for my memoir.

Her Dark Secret originally founded, as a three piece band, with Devon "Devie" Sands as the bassist and supporting vocals, Jackson "Jax" Sands on drums, and Lucca Connard as guitarist and lead vocals. After three months the band boomed and they got signed to Rise Records. After one year the band was unhappy at Rise, so they went to Standby Records, in which afterwords Lucca got caught stealing from the band, so Devie and Jax (the brother sister duo) decided to fire Lucca from the band.

Another year later, after becoming completely acoustic meaning Devie played guitar and sang while and Jax played base, they meant two friends named Wilt Johnson and a boy named Pierce. Pierce played guitar and Wilt could see just like Glenn Danzig so obviously they had to get both Wilt and Pierce to play in Her Dark Secret, in which they were signed to Century Media very quickly. Devie and Pierce began dating which surprisingly has caused any trouble within the band. Wilt was in the band for a solid three years. Up until recently when the four of them were twenty. Wilt began to start having feelings towards Devie making tensions high within the band. Pierce, loved playing music in Her Dark Secret.

After Wilt's departure Devie took up lead vocals again, Her Dark Secret got dropped from Century Media, so the three of them tried to play pop punk changing there band name from Her Dark Secret to Star Crossed Lovers. Devie, Pierce, and Jax hated it, until they found live videos of this one female fronted band from Seattle Washington called Beautiful Sorrow, in which they lost their lead singer went to university to get a journalism major.

Lucky that lead singer of Beautiful Sorrow moved to Scranton Pennsylvania. Unluckily for them, the lead singer of Beautiful Sorrow was a girl named...Hunter Adkins. They emailed Hunter Adkins, and after Hunter joined the band she changed it.

She gave an electronic sound, which Devie, Pierce, and Jax loved. Oh yeah, and Hunter Adkins is me. I also made them go back to their old name Her Dark Secret which they were more than willing. Ever since I joined, Pierce, Jax, Devie, and I are closer than ever.

So now you know a little bit about Her Dark Secret we can continue on. We are also currently signed to Fearless Records.

"Are you ready to play tonight?" Devie asked as our van picked me up to go Lancaster.

"Um that would be a hell yeah." I exclaimed.

We arrived at the dive bar Crosley's and we got ready. I put on my stage makeup, and put on my corset dress.

~Meanwhile with the MIW boys~

"Hey, guys we're in Lancaster!" Ryan exclaimed.

"Yeah, so what's your point baby cake?" Vinny asked.

"Well, this really good band called Her Dark Secret." Ryan said.

"Her Dark Secret? They sound familiar." Ricky puzzled trying to think of where he could have possibly heard of that band's name.

"Let's do it!" Chris said. "It sounds fun!"

"Face it, Chris," Devin said. "You just want meet hot girls."

"That's just an added bonus, but that doesn't work out for us, Dev." Balz said. "I have Ryan Ashley and you have Kylie,"

"True." said Devin.

~Back with Hunter~

I was getting nervous to go on stage. I always am. It sounds lame and pathetic when I say it. But I am. Jax ran on stage first, then Devie, then Pierce, then I did I was so shocked to see who was in the very front row it was the guys from Motionless In White.

"Say that's Hunter!" I heard Devin say.

I began the set, I jammed out, and rocket out, I don't think any of the guys from Motionless scene like me this. Ryan was center stage just watching.

Was he impressed? Shocked? Disgusted?

I walked over to Devie who was over playing bass right now. I loved preforming live and I'm sure how many new that. Right now the guys in Motionless looked pretty bored from what I could tell. They just watched while the other Her Dark Secret diehards in the front were basically throwing themselves on the stage. Crowd surfing stage diving. In fact Pierce had just crowd surfed and was headed back to the stage.

Why am I being so self consciences with this? I love it.

Though they were probably going to be shocked because, I well, I rap. It's fun. I could see their jaws drop when I did that.

I really hope Ryan doesn't hate me after this. Is he disgusted?
♠ ♠ ♠
There set (All songs belong to Icon For Hire)
Cynics and Critic
Off With Her Head
Pieces
Sugar and Spice

Hunter's stage clothes
http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=158422404