Status: FINISHED.

If I Lose.

Twelve.

I laid in the bed next to Steve, the moment we had laid down he rolled over with his back to me and started snoring. It wasn't a loud snore, it was a small light snore; a peaceful snore. I laid on my back staring at the ceiling, the many times I had been in his room I never looked up. Now I was looking up and staring at a million stars,it was as if we were outside.

He rolled over slowly and wrapped his arm around my waist, my body tensed slightly causing me to narrow my eyes. We had cuddled and slept next to each other a thousand times, so why was I feeling weird? Why did I tense at his touch? Was I scared?

"Amy?"

I let out a breath I didn't realize was being held, slowly looking over to him I was greeted with his blue eyes. Even though he had been sleeping for a few hours, he still looked tired and I could tell by the way he was forcing himself to stay awake. He was worried about me.

Rolling over onto my left side I got comfortable as I faced him, his arm gripped tighter around me as he slowly closed his eyes but reopened them. I bit my inner cheek as I shifted and poked his nose.

"Go to sleep Steve," I whispered as he opened his eyes once more.

He took a deep breathe and shook his head, "Not until you're asleep."

I lowered my eyes and looked down at his shirt, if I wasn't in bed with him then he would be shirtless, but I was here and being the respectful guy he was he put on a shirt. "Then I guess we will both be awake all night," The words flew out if my mouth before I realized what I was saying, this caused Steve to let me go and sit up.

By now I felt terrible, being so out if it I caused Steve to lose sleep that he needed.

"Talk to me, you've been so distant," He looked back at me. "I told you that everything would be okay, stop worrying."

I bit my bottom lip as I looked up at the stars, "I wish that I stayed home, that I let you guys fight your battle. This would have never happened." My voice was low as I spoke and Steve shifted to where he was now laying on top of me, he had his legs stuffed between mine and his arms stuffed around my face. His face was snuggled in the crook if my neck.

His breathing was calm and his body being snuggled into mine was relaxing, "Amy," He trailed off as if he was going to say something but stopped, I bit my bottom lip as I slowly wrapped my arms around him and pulled him closer.

"I'll be okay," I whispered into his ear. "I have you to get through this, I will get through this." Was I saying this to make his worry stop? Was I lying to myself? I felt him relax a bit after I told him that, I could feel him place a small kiss on my neck as we stayed there.

The kiss sent a chill down my body, I couldn't tell what kind of chill it was either. "Do you remember when I walked in on you half naked?" I spoke slightly laughing. Steve pulled away and hovered over me, "You literally hid behind the closet door."

He sighed and a smile formed on his face, "Yeah well, you didn't knock." He was now sitting up on his knees still between my legs. "It was awkward." A blush came to his face as he thought of that day.

I couldn't help but to laugh and snort at the same time causing myself to become slightly embarrassed, "Yeah for you, I was enjoying it."

"I bet you were," Steve rolled his eyes. "You never knocked from that day on. That's why I started getting dressed in the bathroom and locking the door." He huffed while crossing his arms causing his muscles to ripple.

Giving him a small smile, I pulled my leg back and shoved him in the stomach. "Get out of between my legs," I said laughing "Come cuddle with me." By now I was starting to feel tired, it wasn't long before he had me wrapped up in his arms and I was soundlessly sleeping.

"Don't worry, Amy. I'll forever protect you, because I love you."
♠ ♠ ♠
This was a cute chapter. Don't you think?