Status: FINISHED.

If I Lose.

Seventeen.

I had my laptop on my lap as I sat next to Steve, I had been searching for what ever I could find about HYDRA and mind control. But it was frustrating, usually I would have found something right away but it seemed as if there was nothing on the file Tony had given to me. Rubbing my eyes I scanned through the file once more but slower then last time, even thought it wouldn't change anything. This must have been new, but there should have been something. Anything.

"Hey." My eyes widened as I turned to face Sam, he looked tired and worn out. I gave him a soft smile as he held his arms up to see that he was bound to the table, he gave me a confused look and I shrugged.

"You, well Steve sorta kinda tried to kill us." I said in the most innocent of tones, he huffed and lowered his head back to the table while staring at the ceiling. My eyes went back to the laptop screen as I searched for key words, serum, new, anything that would lead me to this.

I heard Steve shift and the loud steal chains hit the tables, his eyes opened slightly as he did the same thing as Sam before giving me a confused look. He looked like a lost puppy and I just wanted to hug him.

"Uh, we-you- tried to kill her.." Sam spoke from next to him causing Steve to look at me in utter despair, I held my hand up as I gave him a soft smile.

"I'm taking it as pay back for seeing you naked." I let out a small laugh but he didn't smile or laugh, this broke my heart as I closed my laptop and placed it to the side. Turning to him I leaned over and placed a kiss on his forehead, "You weren't in your right mind, HYDRA did something to you and we are figuring it out." But it didn't work, he looked miserable.

Leaning back I patted his arm, but got no response.Instead he looked away from me, which caused me to frown. Slowly I reached over and unlocked his hands before walking over to Sam and doing the Sam thing, thanking me he followed after Steve who rushed out of the room. Placing a hand to my ear I spoke.

"They are awake guys, doing alright and may be heading your way." I got silence in response but I knew they got my message, grabbing my laptop I made my way back to my room.
I slammed my laptop shut and tossed it on to my bed, running my hand through my brown hair and letting out a sigh I stood up; it was three in the morning. I was so engulfed in trying to find something out, I had forgotten to eat and get some sleep. Groaning I walked out of my room to grab some food.

The kitchen was empty, the whole base was pretty much empty since everyone was sleeping. So I scurried through the fridge trying to find something to eat, how ever nothing was appealing. Some food had Steve on it, some food had Sam on it but nothing looked good. I let out another groan as I stalked over to the cabinets, hot coco, teas, cereal but nothing good. No chocolate or any other sweet things.

"This place sucks, I need to go shopping," I closed the door and folded my arms "we need oatmeal."

Turning I almost screamed and threw a right hook, Steve was sitting at the island staring at me with two bowls set out and a box of maple syrup oat meal. My jaw dropped in shock as I watched him sitting there avoiding eye contact.

"Captain ninja to the rescue!" I skipped over to the island and made both of our bowls, placing them in the microwave I sat across from Steve. His hands were folded in the table and I slowly rested my own on top of his. He quickly pulled his hands away and placed them in his lap while looking away from me, just as the microwave dinged.

Nodding, I grabbed the food and handed it to him while I took mine back to my room. I wasn't going to sit there and be near him while he let this control him, I wasn't going to sit there and watch him eat himself up with guilt. He should be greatful he was alive.

Getting back to my room I placed my food down and stared at it, who did he think he was? Did he think he was the only one affected by this? I turned and walked towards my door but stopped, I couldnt fight with him over this. My eyes narrowed and I stormed out of my room and back towards the kitchen where he just finished eating.

My right hand swung and he blocked it, but I quickly lifted my left leg and kicked him in the gut. He took a few steps back and looked at me in confusion, but I didn't stop. I swung again, left then right, an upper cut and a leg swipe. I wasn't backing down until I got him right in the face but that wasn't happening soon. He blocked ever hit I made until I grabbed a plate a smashed it over his head, he stumbled back once again and this time to a swing at me. Blocking it I kicked him in the stomach again.

Grabbing my leg he lifted me from the ground and slammed me into the nearest cabinet, hitting the floor I glanced up at him to see that he knew where I was going with this. The small amounts of blood trickled down his forehead as he told me with his hands to bring it. Smiling I ran at him, sliding under his feet I twisted and kicked his knee from behind, he landed on his knee for a minute allowing me to jump on him and twist over his body. As he was getting up I punched him right in the face.

My next blow was blocked as he knocked me back, buy I was quick to come back for more. I ran at him causing him to stumble back, tripping over the couch, he grabbed my hips as we both fell through the glass table.

"Do you feel better?" He asked while slightly, just slightly out of breathe.

"Yeah," I said while completely out of breathe, my head rested on his chest as he chuckled. By then my eyes had closed and I had fallen asleep with a smile on my face.
♠ ♠ ♠
I am so happy that you all like this story.