Status: FINISHED.

If I Lose.

Eighteen.

I stood in the back of the room with my arms crossed, leaning on the wall; Vision and Scarlett were doing some weird mojo looking into the brains of Steve and Sam. It was weird but interesting to watch, and we knew that Steve and Sam didn't remember anything after getting there. Tony stood next to me with Nat on the other side, both staring at me.

"So, would you mind explaining why Nat and I saw you and Steve Sleeping..." He looked over to Nat who finished the sentence for him.

"On a broken table, in the main hall." She leaned towards me and I kept my eyes on Steve and Sam.

"I have no idea what you are talking about." I kept a straight face, how did I not wake up and notice they were in the room.

Tony chuckled a bit and Nat raised a brow, "You didn't even have the eye covers on, I feel hurt." Tony whispered in my ear and I sent him a quick glare.

"Yeah, that's painful to see; Tony in pain is painful." Nat laughed as she spoke, I knew they were getting a kick out of this and that they would never let this go. This was worse then Steve telling people to watch their language, I huffed and tried my best up.

"Nat, how do you feel about this? I mean, now we need a steal table so they don't break it again." Tony looked over to Natasha and she nodded while pointing a finger at me.

"I'm so thankful you guys were dressed." By now my face was red, they wouldn't stop.

"You two need to shut the fuck up," I spoke softly while letting my arms rest at my side.

"Language people." Steve's voice had us all looking up, he was standing next to Sam who had a smirk on his face. I shook my head as Scarlet stared me down also with a smirk on her face, narrowing my eyes I moved from my spot and made my way to Vision.

"What's the damage?"

He gave me a look of surprise but realized that it was only a saying and looked back down to the computer, "We analyzed both Steve and Sam's blood, comparing it to Scarlets blood. Then had scarlet go into there memories, it seems they had taken her blood and made some type of syrum that messes with the mind." He pulled up files on the computer and pointed a few things out "Amy, its still in their blood stream; so they are still vulnerable." I gave him a confused look.

"It means they can flip at any minute." I looked over to Steve and saw him talking to Tony, then looked back to Vision. "Anything can trigger it, emotion, fighting. So we need to keep a very close on it." I gave him a nod and went to walk away but was stopped. "We need to take a look at you, scarlet needs to go in and see if she can undo what she did."

I shook my head and put my hands up, "No, she was in my mind once and it won't happen again. No." Visions sighed and tried to explain but I simply ignored him and walked out of the lab, my feet echoed down the hall as I headed for no where. I just walked, not really knowing where I was going.

It wasn't until I was outside and standing in the field that I had stopped, my breathing was a little off and my mind was a wreck. As much as I had respect for Scarlet, I couldn't allow her in my mind again. I couldn't allow her to mess anything up, make things worse. I took a seat in the grass and hugged my knees, things had gotten so crazy and fast.

"Do you remember when Loki tried to take over earth?" Steve took a seat next to me in his shorts and tight tank top.

"Yeah, he took my hostage for a matter of five minutes before you bashed his face in, multiple times." I spoke slightly monotone, not really understanding where this was going.

"I'd do it again ya know," He bumped his shoulder into mine and I let out a huff.

"But then you vanished for about three months, no calls, letters, nothing." I spoke as I took a look at him, he bit his bottom lip and looked at the sky. Avoiding my statement.

"Its beautiful isn't it?"

My mind raised as I stared at him, his eyes glued to sky. I panicked on the inside as I stared at him, his face turned to me and looked in confusion. "What?" I closed my eyes and took a deep breath before opening them again, this time the field was covered in red; the skies were dark and Steve had blood dripping down his chin.

"No!" I grabbed his face as he smiled softly before falling forward into my chest, lifeless. My eyes shut tight as the tears streamed down my cheek, but when I opened them again I was standing in the lab.

Everyone was staring at us, Scarlet stood in front of me with her hands at her sides and Steve was slowly walking over to me. He wrapped his arms around me as tightly and securly as he could, my eyes still staring at scarlet. She looked sorry but didn't at the same time.

"I had to.." Was all she said as I stared at her.

"Did you find what you needed to find?" I asked softly but sternly, the images of Steve still in my head. She looked down and then back up to me.

"That wasn't from me, I don't know what's causing you to see that. Maybe I triggered something. Visions in your mind?" She leaned to one side and looked at Steve "Visions of your death." I looked down as she said it out loud, the first time it was said out loud and all Steve did was nod. He gave her a nod and didn't freak out, his heart didnt even skip a beat.

I felt him pull me away towards his room, once we got there he sat me down and pulled a chair in front of me, he wanted to know everything.

"It starts off peaceful, in a field; always a feild. Sometimes the others show up and talk to me, except Scarlet and Nat. But your the only one who dies, you die either just out of my grasp or in my arms. You always die." I stared at my hands as he placed a hand under my chin to look at him, he looked into my eyes and scooted closer.

I watched as he looked at my lips and then my eyes, I met him get closer and closer but soon looked down and avoided it. It wasn't like I didn't want it, I wanted all of him. "I can't lose you Steve, those visions break my heart every time. I just can't-" I was cut off by him placing his lips on mine, my breathing stopped for a minute before I leaned in.

It wasn't a rushed kiss or a steamy kiss, it was a kiss that told me everything was going to be okay. It was a kiss that told me no matter what, he wasn't going to leave my side. When we both pulled away he rubbed his thumb on my cheek with a soft smile, "Do you know how long I've wanted to do that?" He spoke causing me to give of a small laugh.

"You're a cheese ball Steve Rogers." Was all I said as he climbed over to the bed and pulled me down onto his chest, allowing us to stare at the stars above us.
♠ ♠ ♠
Soooooo

Thoughts?