Status: FINISHED.

If I Lose.

Twenty-three.

It wasn't long before they found Bruce, it wasn't long before they had a huge argument and Bruce looked ready to go green on everyone. I couldn't blame him, he left for a reason and now we were dragging him back into a world he didn't really want anything to do with.

"Bruce, we just need you to make a formula or what ever it is you do to help Steve and Sam." Natasha spoke up but Bruce wouldn't listen, it was like he hated her for following him. Sighing I stepped up.

Everyones eyes were on me.

"Do you know what it feels like to have your heart ripped from chest, slowly." Bruce narrowed his eyes as I took a step farther "because that's what just happened to me. Steve ripped my heart from chest in the slowest way possible, and then said when you find a way to fix this- He would come back."

My voice was low as I stared at the ground, I felt Nat try and put a hand on my shoulder but I pulled away. "Its not that I just want Steve back, Bruce, I need him back." My voice was stern as I stared him down, showing him just exactly how broken I was at that moment. I saw him shift in his position and then look at me, his eyes soft.

"I'll do what I can."

Image

I sat on Steve's bed just staring at the room, images of when he flipped popping in my mind;but I was quick to push them away. Bruce was in the lab with Sam trying to find a way to fix this, Vision was off somewhere, Clint and Nat were catching up, Tony was doing Tony things and scarlet would check on me from time to time.

My head throbbed from all of the crying, the heaving and the sobs. I felt empty and numb as I sat there staring at a picture of us on his dresser, he took me on a date that day because I was upset. We went to dinner, a movie and then came home to play video games for the rest of the night. We didn't fall asleep until four in the morning and woke up at five in the afternoon.

I closed my eyes.

"Don't worry..." I narrowed my eyes and looked around, there was a mirror with a reflection of me in it. "It will get easier." My reflectiom spoke to me causing me to shake my head.

"How?" I took a step closer, "everything is falling apart." My reflection smiled, while shaking her head a hand was on her hips as I watched Steve walk up from behind her.

"How can it fall apart when you have him by your side the entire time." She leaned a head on his shoulder and I looked to my right, he wasn't there. When I looked back at the mirror she was standing without Steve there. "Don't worry he will be back, Steve can't stay away for long. No matter what happens."


My eyes opened and I was staring up at the sky, I would never get used to the fact that his ceiling was the nights sky filled with stars. Sticking my hand in my pocket I pulled out my phone and called Steve, it rang and rang until I realized that his phone was in his dresser. Closing my eyes I sighed and put my phone back into my pocket, it was useless; how would we contact him to let him know if we had the cure. Was this an excuse for him to just leave and never come back?

Getting up I made my way to the lab, seeing at it was one in the morning not many people were running around. But Bruce was in the lab nonstop working, I took a seat across from him and watched as he placed numbers and letters, mixing together and not once noticing I was there. I watched him mutter some curse words, curse out Steve and even Natasha. When I snickered is when I caught his attention.

"How long have you been sitting there?" I shrugged my shoulders and spun around in the chair, I was going to be able to sleep again so why not stay awake.

"Long enough, how's it going?" I stood up and walked over to the desk, moving a lamp to the side that he wasn't really using and sat on the nearest chair. He ran a hand through his hair and sighed,"I've got something but it with Sam's blood, I'll have to test it on him and see what happens. But since we don't know what triggers it we have to hope for the best." I gave him a nod and looked at the vile next to him, Steve was written along the side of it.

I felt my heart drop as I thought of the moment he left, Bruce rubbed his thumb over my cheek wiping away the stray tear. "Don't worry Amy, Steve will come back." I nodded my head and looked over to the table he had been chained to, then it hit me. Steve wasn't that tech savvy and someone who was tech savvy helped him. My eyes narrowed.

"Fucking asshole." My hand hit the desk causing g Bruce to jump slightly, once again Tony had helped Steve in some stupid plan. Once again Tony had been apart of it, "I'm gonna kill Tony." Bruce had taken a few steps by that point, probably expecting me to hulk out in some way.

"What did Tony do now?" I looked over to him, "Helped Steve with his plan. And if he did that, it means Steve has a hidden Tracking device on him that he doesn't know about." A smile crept on my face as I ran over to the computer, I was going to find him and bring him back.
♠ ♠ ♠
I slept so wrong and now I'm in so much pain, this sucks.