Status: FINISHED.

If I Lose.

thirty eight.

Bucky had left, vanished as if was never there. At first I was upset, but I knew there was no way he would be able to handle living with everyone; it was hard enough living with me. How ever Steve was taking it hard, he felt like in some way it was his fault.

It was about twelve midnight when I walked outside, I wasn't used to sleeping in my own bed or not in front of a fire place. Plus it was so noisy that I couldn't even hear myself think, it wasn't long before I spotted Steve sitting on a fallen tree trunk, pretty high off the ground.

I stood underneath staring at his back, waiting until he realized that he wasn't alone.

Shifting my weight to my right, I placed my hands on my hips and waited a few more minutes. Then I proceeded to try and climb what ever way I could, in order to sit next to him. Walking towards the top of the tree I started up to where he was, trying to stay as balanced as possible. But balance wasn't my top things, I could hit you square in the jaw but not balance on anything.

A few curse words escaped my lips but still Steve didnt look at me, by now I was on my hands and knees crawling over to him. Trying my best not to look down, which inevitablely I did and let out a small shreak while freezing in my spot. I was iron mans sister, I had my own suit that flies and yet I was scared of heights.

"Amy?" I heard Steve call as I had my eyes closed, hoping I wouldn't fall to my death. Knowing me, I would easily. I heard him move and then felt his hands on my body, helping me stand straight allowing me to cling to him. If I fell he would catch me.

"Oh thank you, I thought I was going to die." I muttered into his chest, his arms held me close and I kept my eyes closed. It felt amazing to just stand there in his arms, something I had wished to do for months; with Bucky's disappearance he had backed away even more.

Steve sighed, "That was a dangerous move Amy," his voice echoed in his chest and I agreed by giving him a swift nod. Slowly I allowed my self to look up at him, he was staring off into space and I rolled my eyes.

"Its not your fault Steve, I sent six months with the guy; I could tell you this, he likes to be alone." My voice was soft as I moved my hand move to his face, slowly I moved his head in the direction to look at me; his eyes were dull and sad, it broke my heart to see him that way.

His grip started to losen and I moved my had to grip his shirt "Steve don't do that," Quickly he wrapped them around me again and chuckled. I knew in his mind he must have been making fun of me. Mocking me. I felt him place a kiss on the top of my head, my eye closed as I nuzzled against him.

"You scared me half to death once more Stark." I met out a small laugh as I looked up at him.

"I have to keep Captain America on his toes," I replied.

Steve shook his head as he moved one hand under my chin, his lips touched mine softly and I was glad his other arm was still around me. Because my knees were ready to give out. Pulling away I smiled as I looked at him, "Steve Rogers, you are a bold man indeed."
♠ ♠ ♠
Not the best chapter but I feel like I'm slacking off, it really sucks.