Status: FINISHED.

If I Lose.

eight

"You can't save them all..

The words echoed through my mind since I had woken up, sitting at the table I held a cup of coffee between my hands. Upon waking up I found out that Bruce, Clint, Thor and my brother had left in searching of things. Well Thor did, Bruce left for personal reasons and my brother was a mystery. Clint had sent home to his family, I found out that he promised his wife that after this fight; he would go home.

I stared down at my coffee, my ribs still hurt from the blast and my ankle was still a bit swollen, but I could move around. Nat and Steve were training the new recruits, the new avengers.

"They'll all die."

My grip on the cup tightened as the voice echoed in my head, while I had been out cold nightmares plagued my mind. Nightmares of everyone's death. Taking a deep breath I opened my eyes and looked out if the far right window, I could see them training in the field. I should have been out there with them, but I was injured bothe physically and mentally.

"Hey."

I looked over my shoulder to see Nat walking over to me, she was in her uniform as usual but she was off and I could tell. I gave her a quick nod as she took a seat across from me.

"I'm guess Bruce leaving is taking its toll," I muttered as she looked down at her hands, she gave a small nod as she bit her lip. "I'm sorry."

She shifted in her spot and looked down at my hands, seeing that I hadn't took one sip of my coffee. "Steve wouldn't leave your side, we had to literally drag him out of the room." She spoke with a small laugh, a grin came to my face as I thought of them dragging him out of the room.

"I'll be back on my feet in no time," I hoped, maybe physically but mentally would take a while.

Nat shifted in her seat, "He doesn't know you're awake yet, I think you should surprise him. But don't tell him," She looked me in the eyes "Don't tell him about your nightmares until you're ready, he will flip out into over protective mode." She stood and walked around the table, patting my shoulder she gave me a smile and left.

It didn't surprise me that she knew about the nightmares, that woman knew about things that I myself didn't even know.
I stood far enough behind enemy lines, watching them train. Steve was going against Scarlet, I had found out that her brother sacrificed his life to save Clint and a young boy. I also found out that it was scarlet that took out Ultron, so I had respect for her.

My arms were crossed as I leaned against the tree, Steve was blocking ever blow from her with ease. Anyone could tell that she was just learning how to control her powers, using them against Steve was one of the best ways to practice.

It wasn't long before they took a break and I was walking behind Steve, my hands wrapped around his waste before he could place the sheild on his back. I felt him tense up for a second before he realized it was me, slowly turning around I smiled up at him.

"I'm still mad you sided with Tony, of all people." His arm wrapped around my waste as he pulled me as close to him as possible.

"I was black mailed," he spoke softly as we started to walk to the rest of the group.

It felt nice to be in his arms, to be near Steve. He was calming and had an aura about him that could make you forget anything. We stood in front of the group, it was strange to see the new avengers. It was different.

"We have more leads on Bucky, we are also waiting to hear back from Thor and Tony on anything they have found out." Nat spoke as she walked up to us, I looked to the floor. I had forgotten about Bucky, he was Steve's best friend and when Steve found out he was alive, things got rough. After the ship crashed and Bucky saved him, Steve set out to find him

He hasn't truly been the same since.

I leaned my head on Steve's arm, "I'll start searching out data bases, see what I can find out." I stared at Vision who was staring back at me, he seemed to be trying to figure something out but couldnt.

"I'll join you." He spoke, my heart skipped a beat as I had actually paid attention to his voice.

"Jarvis?"

He shook his with a smile in his face, "No Amy, but we can discuss more inside." He stood and motioned for me to follow, with a small pat on the back from Steve I followed.
♠ ♠ ♠
not the best chapter but we will get there.