Status: Active

Talking Body

Chapter One

Bzzt, bzzt!

"I cannot deal with this shit right now," muttered Evelynn. She scuffled through the documents on her desk to find her phone.

Idk, Evelynn. Maybe you should just stay at your place for the next few nights.

The lump that she had been trying to keep down in her throat was bobbing dangerously. She felt her eyes get hot and her heart beat with anger and anxiety. She grabbed her phone shakily and replied.

No. We figure it out or we break up. We're so on and off. The pattern has to stop. We're so on and off, Nick. I'm tired of us breaking up and then you realizing you miss me and telling me you're going to change. I'm so tired of it.

She set her phone on silent and continued working on reports for that day. She caught a glimpse of herself in the little mirror at the corner of her desk.

This wasn't the typical Evelynn. Her eyes were sallow. Her cheekbones were prominent - too prominent. Her complexion was that of a corpse - even her foundation started becoming noticeably darker against her skin. Her ashy blonde hair was covering most of her face and she didn't care. Her eyes were dead. The little orbs of hazel weren't glowing...they seemed like a flat brown today. Evelynn and Nick had been in a relationship for 4 years now. On and off and on and off. And it seemed like their relationship was about to be off again.

Her shoulders slumped and her head fell to her chest. "What am I doing?" she whispered, hot tears desperately wanting to fall to the ground. She went for her phone, hoping her jackass of a boyfriend had replied and said something along the lines of, "I'm sorry; I don't know what I was thinking. Don't leave me."

Nope; only one word from Nick Blassinger.

Sorry

She exhaled slowly and deeply, then pushed her chair back and walked calmly to the restroom. Once she passed the threshold, she ran to the paper towel dispenser and cried as best as she could without ruining her makeup. She looked into the mirror, wondered what she had ever done to deserve falling in love with a complete jerk who had no regard for her feelings whatsoever, and walked outside, preparing herself to finish the rest of her work day.

Evelynn kept her eyes down in case anyone were to take note of her swollen eyes and -

"Oh, sorry! I - Evelynn?"

She looked up, hoping it wasn't any of the managers. Her slight cringe relaxed and her eyebrows raised in surprise as she realized it was Matt Sanders.

"Oh! Hi, Matt! How are you?" They embraced in a quick hug and he replied, "I'm good. Just up here to go over some contract details. I, uh...are you okay?"

She quickly turned red and replied hastily, "Uh, yeah. Just...you know. Boyfriend issues."

"Oh, God. Don't tell me you're still dating douchebag," he grimaced as he tried to smile sympathetically at her. Evelynn turned an even deeper shade of red as she nodded, averting his eyes. "Oh, Lynn. You're a sweet girl. But hey, I gotta go. Catch up sometime!"

She breathed a sigh of relief. Many people had always given their 2 cents (and others, much more) about her relationship with Nick. She knew it was unhealthy. She knew it was toxic. But she loved him. So much.

She walked back to her desk. 4 more hours to go.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hi! I was on Mibba maybe 4-6 years ago and now I'm back! Hope you guys like it; I haven't written anything since then! D:

So just a little background on Evelynn. If I wasn't clear enough in this chapter, she's dating a guy (Nick). This particular aspect of her life is pretty much the relationship I was in previously. Total jerk. Got cheated on. The whole 9 of douchebaggery.

So, Evelynn here works at Warner Bros. She's part of the Marketing/Advertising/Promotions team.

Uh...it's 1:30 am right now so I have no idea what else to fill you in on. If there's any questions I can answer without further ruining the storyline, please let me know! :)