Status: Updates every Sunday or Monday depending on my work schedule

Heaven Knows

Kobra Kid

Cadence lay naked, bloodied and bruised on the floor of the demon king's office. Shadows had made an appearance, showing how sadistic the demon king could truly be. The brunette sobbed silently, her body shaking from the pain and trauma it had just endured. Cadence heard Shadows finally leave the office and with what little strength she had left the brunette crawled to where her clothes laid, tattered and torn and slowly slid them back on her body.

Cadence struggled and fought to get her body in an upright and standing position for what seemed like eons when in reality it was only two hours. She limped into her room, locking the door and looked for a bag she could pack her things in. Once she successfully found one, the brunette packed a few days worth of clothes as well as some other supplies before she began planning her escape to freedom. She hid her bag under the bed, knowing she would need some rest if she was to successfully escape. The brunette laid on her bed, whimpering when slight movement to get comfortable caused her pain. Cadence finally found sleep several hours later, unknowingly sleeping through the next four days as her body healed from the trauma it had gone through.

When Cadence awoke the fifth day during midday, she discovered most of her pain had subsided and her limp was only slightly noticeable now. The brunette climbed into the shower in her adjoined bathroom, taking a long bath to soothe her still sore body and to clean herself up. She knew once she returned to the Killjoys, baths would be few and far between so she was enjoying the hot, bubble bath she was in.

Cadence sat in the bubble bath until the water was no longer warm, climbing out, only then using the large vanity mirror above the sink to observe just how severe her injuries were. Most of the fair skinned beauty's body was covered in bruises of different colors and hues of purple, yellow and blue. The welts on her back from Matt's belt were bright pink and raised but thankfully didn't look infected. Cadence carefully dried her skin before she pulled on a fresh set of clothes, knowing if she left her room and tried to escape now she would most likely make it. The sun was high in the sky and there was a parade going on through the streets which meant it would be harder for her to be found with all the other human in the streets watching the floats and festivities.

Cadence slung her bag across her shoulders, glad her room was near a drain pipe and was only on the second floor of the five story manor so if she did fall, the damage would not be too great. The brunette opened her window, shocked that the kings were foolish enough to leave her windows operational when they knew she'd likely run away again. With her bag tossed to the ground below her the brunette carefully climbed down using the drain pipe before she began her short sprint out of the manor's enclosed gates, sliding through a hole in the brick wall and into the crowds of humans.

The brunette's escape seemed easier for her than she even anticipated, managing to get out of the city into a deserted suburb near the outskirts of Bat Country by nightfall that very same night. Of course she had stolen a car to get that far, but it was definitely a car that wouldn't be missed at all since it broke down soon after she parked it. Luckily for her there were several cars she could hot wire to finish her travels after she rested her eyes for several hours.

Cadence rested her eyes for only four hours before she awoke, feeling a sickening feeling in the pit of her stomach. She heard voices outside of the room she was resting in, quickly grabbing a knife she had stolen in the City as she stood up and silently crept towards the voices.

"I'm at the checkpoint," Kobra Kid spoke. "Are you still meeting me here Fun Ghoul?"

The knife dropped from Cadence's knife as she saw Kobra Kid in front of her, his blonde and brown hair falling in his face as he turned when the sound of her knife clanging on the floor echoed. His brown eyes almost couldn't believe the sight in front of him. A beaten and battered Adrenaline Monster stood in front of him when he had been planning on going to the City of Evil to rescue her.

"Kobra," Cadence murmured.

A smile graced her pink lips as she rushed over to Kobra Kid and hugged him tightly. She had missed him so much and now she was finally back with him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry I've taken forever to update. I'm on day fourteen of working both jobs and it's been kicking my butt big time. Anyways, please don't be a silent reader. Feel free to tell me what you think.