Status: Updates every Sunday or Monday depending on my work schedule

Heaven Knows

Defiance

Image

M. Shadows had her exactly where he wanted her. He admitted he knew her weakness, and even though her face simply continued glaring at him, her light brown eyes showed the emotion he wanted, fear. His tattooed hand gripped tighter onto Adrenaline’s throat, finding pleasure in her primal instinct to survive, causing her to struggle against his grip. He could tell the young, fair-skinned woman in front of him hated herself for giving him the satisfaction. When his hazel eyes watched her face begin to turn from red to purple, he let go of her, letting her fall with a gentle plop onto the hard desert dirt they stood on. As she gasped attempting to regain her normal air supply, the tall, muscular man hand-cuffed Adrenaline's hands together in front of her and began digging through the small backpack the brunette had with her for the hard drive. If there was one thing Shadows hated, it was being stolen from; especially from someone who had agreed to have their memories taken away.

"Adrenaline, are you getting any closer?" a voice questioned from her walkie talkie. "Kobra Kid is getting antsy and it's driving Party Poison crazy."

Adrenaline recognized the voice on the walkie talkie immediately. It was Jet Star, one of the Kill Joys she hung out with. She quickly began crawling the short distance the device was away from her, managing to grab it before a pair of solid black vans stepped on her wrist. She cried out in pain as she felt her the bone in her wrist break from the unwanted weight. Shadows closed his eyes, enjoying the young woman's screams of pain for a few moments before he leaned forward and picked up the walkie talkie.

"Adrenaline Monster isn't coming to see Kobra," he spoke into the device. "She's going back to the City where I plan on teaching her it's not polite to steal from a demon, especially the one that rules Bat Country."

Shadows looked down at the brunette as he used his demon strength to break the small electronic device, causing it to become nothing but fragments of cracked and broken plastic, metal and wires. He lifted his foot off of her wrist, knowing he had most likely broken it since he had heard the bones break very clearly when it happened. Shadows couldn't help as his darker side found amusement in her gripping the damaged limb, making it an obvious target to cause the woman more pain if he wished it.

"Stand up," Shadows ordered.

Adrenaline glared at Shadows, slowly standing up as her gaze never left his. Even when she complied with his orders, she planned to make sure he didn't confuse it for her breaking down to his will. His calloused hands reached out and gripped the brunette's arms roughly, leading her back toward where he had one of their chauffeurs parked, waiting to take him and his prisoner back to the capital of the country where being a human made you a second class citizen. A smirk formed on Shadows lips as he shoved Adrenaline into the car, chuckling when her first thought was to try to open the closed car door handle to attempt an escape. Of course Shadows made sure the child locks were engaged in the back seats so the chauffeur would need to let them both out when they finally arrived back to the castle-like fortress that Shadows and the rest of the Kings he shared reign of Bat Country with.

"First thing I plan on doing when we get to the City is I'm going to get your wrist fix just so I can break it again," Shadows spoke. "Hearing you cry out in pain was intoxicating."

Adrenaline's jaw clenched as she listened to demon's words. She knew that out of all the malevolent supernatural beings, they were the most sadistic and hearing Shadows words proved it. The brunette decided the best way of keeping her sanity for the car ride back would be to tune the monster beside her out and keep her eyes open for any chance at escape. Shadows continued to go on about all the ways he planned on torturing her, even mentioning bringing her Killjoy friends to the dungeon and making them watch her suffer. When he realized his words were no longer having his desired affect on her, a snarl left his full lips. One of his large hands reached out and grabbed her chin roughly, forcing her light brown eyes to look into his once more.

"You know, there was a time you used to actually enjoy my company," Shadows spoke.

Adrenaline attempted to pull her face from the demon's grip, unsure if he was telling her the truth or simply feeding her lies. Shadows' hazel eyes softened as he saw all the emotions in the light brown eyes in front of him that the brunette's face didn't show. He wished she could believe him. Out of the few humans Shadows actually had allowed himself to be kind to, the girl Adrenaline Monster had been before she had asked for her memories to be taken away, was one of his most cherished. The demon had never even allowed his darker side to give into its deepest urge to take her sexually because of how much Shadows cherished the brunette; but now that the woman in front of him was no longer the same one he once knew, the urge to take her and know her carnally was rising.

"I'm not lying to you, doll," Shadows spoke. "There was a time you enjoyed spending time with all of us."

"You're the King of the demons, one of the five cruel and malevolent rulers of Bat Country and I am your prisoner," Adrenaline spat. "Why should I believe a single fucking word that falls from the lips of a fallen angel?"

Shadows jaw clenched at her words, his grip on her jaw tightening as tried to keep his anger in control. If he wanted her to love him as she once had without giving her back her memories, then he would have to keep his emotions, especially his anger, in check.

"You can't prove it," the brunette spat. "Not without giving me back my memories, and we both know you'll never do that."
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you guys enjoy the update. Maybe if y'all are super sweet and leave a couple comments I'll update again today.