Status: Updates every Sunday or Monday depending on my work schedule

Heaven Knows

Real Name

The rest of the journey to the City of Evil was silent after that, simply because both the passengers in the back seat were preoccupied. Shadows was occupied with finding ways to make the woman beside him love him without giving her what she wanted the most of all, her memory. He knew if she remembered everything, his hazel eyes would probably never see her light brown ones ever again, unless of course, he chained her up in the dungeons located in Manor, but that hadn't worked well last time he had tried. Of course it probably didn't help that when Adrenaline had been chained up in the dungeon, it was right after her memories had been taken away, so her instincts to survive a seemingly life-threatening situation had kicked in. As Shadows continued trying to plan how to keep the brunette for good with him, her thoughts were on simply the opposite. Adrenaline wanted to escape and be back with her friends, and most importantly, be back with Kobra Kid. Even though the two had only known each other for half a year, the brunette knew she loved him; but in both his world, and hers, loving someone could be dangerous. Of course it hadn't stopped them, and thankfully Kobra Kid's brother, Party Poison, gave them his blessing of them being together, so it helped ease both their minds. Even with having Kobra, knowing about his life and him even telling her his real name, the new knowledge never filled the empty place in her heart that longed for her own memories and name. She didn't even know how old she was or if she had any family still alive.

"What's my real name?" the brunette asked.

Shadows' head turned to look at the brunette beside him, staring into her light brown eyes he always seemed to find himself getting lost in when he looked directly into them. His tongue darted out over his bottom lip, licking over his chapped lips as he contemplated whether or not he should tell her anything about her old life. Even though he had taken her memories from her mind, most of them were still planted too deep in her subconscious for him to completely erase and he didn't want to risk triggering her memories to return, just in case one of the memories was the big mistake he had made that had her begging to forget everything.

"Your name is Cadence," Shadows replied. "Cadence Amelia Osborn."

Silence once again filled the car as the brunette tried to absorb the new information, mumbling the name under her breath as if trying to see if it truly did fit her. Shadows' eyebrow quirked up in amusement as his hazel eyes watched the young woman. He looked out the window as his ears began hearing the sounds of the busy city, silently cursing himself for not bringing his sunglasses, but he had been in a hurry when he left. He had barely remembered to put a belt on when he had left that morning before sunrise. He glanced back over at Cadence when he realized her voice was no longer reaching his ears. The brunette was looking out her window as they began driving deeper and deeper into the city where sinning was encouraged and in fact, rewarded. Cadence glanced over at Shadows, realizing he was watching her intently, as if she was a work of art made to be stared at and adored for hours on end. The look gave the brown eyed girl mixed emotions yet all of them shared one similar thing, they were all negative. Shadows was a vile, cruel being and the brunette was unsure why she had ever loved him, but at that very moment, she vowed she would never let herself love him.

"When was I born?" Cadence asked.

Shadows couldn't help the smirk that formed on his lips. Even without her memories, the brunette really hadn't changed much at all. Cadence would probably still be the same person personality wise if everything the demon had observed was how the light-skinned girl normally acted. He honestly hoped and prayed she was the same even without her memories because then he would know how to win her over and convince Cadence to love him very easily.

"You were born October 13, 1995," Shadows answered. "On a Friday the thirteenth."

Cadence looked over at the demon beside her and laughed, a real genuine laugh for the first time in three months. She couldn't believe it. Fun Ghoul always said she was probably eighteen or nineteen and now that she knew her birthday the brunette could tell him he was right. A smile formed on her lips as she began thinking of her friends, her laughter and smile quickly becoming a frown and silent tears when she realized she may never see them again. Shadows wordlessly lead Cadence into the Manor once they finally arrived at their final destination. He lead the brunette through the front door, his grip on her arm tightening slightly when he heard Syn taunting Johnny. The two men's voices grew louder as Shadows and Cadence continued to walk, her light brown eyes taking in all of her surroundings, wanting to know where every door, window and item normally was in case she did ever find a way to escape. The brunette felt the demon beside her tighten his grip even more on her arm, causing an involuntary whimper to fall from her lips. If Shadows continued to man handle her the way he was then the brunette was going to be covered in bruises and have several more bones in need of healing. It was bad enough she probably had bruises on her neck from when he choked her and even Shadows had acknowledged he had broken her wrist.
♠ ♠ ♠
So I've only had one comment on this story still and it's making me wonder if anyone even likes the story. If you do please comment. If you don't you should comment too. Tell me what you don't like. Please don't be a silent reader.