Status: Updates every Sunday or Monday depending on my work schedule

Heaven Knows

Special

Cadence was not happy at all. The bone in her wrist had broken and splintered into five different pieces and because of how severe the break had been the brunette was rushed into surgery since they needed to open up her wrist to fix everything up as well as clean up any bone debris that could cause her problems later on. The brunette's surgery took almost five hours because of how much worse the inside of her wrist ended up looking compared to what the two dimensional black and white x-ray image displayed. Her bone had indeed broken into five big pieces but the amount of broken and crumbled debris was worse than even Dr. Livingston had ever experienced in his twelve years the blonde physician had been around the kings of Bat Country. His blue eyes had seen King Shadows shatter many people's limbs with his power but this was the a new level of anger the king had let out on the poor woman's limb. The doctor did everything in his power to medically repair the limb, leaving behind several metal rods and pins inside the Cadence's wrist before she was sewn shut again and placed in a hospital room, handcuffed to the bed railing by her good hand. Johnny sat down beside the brunette as he watched her light brown eyes stare down at her bandaged wrist.

"Doc says they don't want to put a hard cast on until they know for sure you aren't at risk of infection where your sutures are," Johnny spoke.

"What's my estimated heal time," Cadence asked, her eyes still focused on her bandaged joint.

Johnny's eyes widened, not used to the emotionless tone in his old friend's voice or how little she seemed to care about seeing the damage being cut opened would cause. Cadence's light brown eyes met the werewolf's honey ones, silently begging him to use the key she knew he had to undo the handcuffs. A chuckle escaped the mohawked man's throat as he shook his head in disbelief. If he uncuffed her the werewolf knew the woman in front of him would try to run off and if that happened he knew Shadows would give him a beating he would never forget.

"We both know you'll run and even though you won't ever make it out of this hospital it'll just piss Shadz off worse than he already is," Johnny spoke. "Please tell me you agree when I say I don't want to deal with his wrath anytime soon."

Cadence looked down at her bandaged wrist and nodded in agreement with Johnny's words. He was right in assuming she had planned on running. The only thing he was wrong about was her getting out of the hospital. The brunette could escape from the hospital easily but being in the heart of the City of Evil again with a pissed off and vengeful Shadows hot on her tail was not something she wanted or would wish on her worst enemy especially since Cadence had recently experienced his wrath first hand.

"Kay," Johnny mumbled. "Do you seriously not remember me or Zack?"

Cadence looked up at Johnny once more, jaw clenched in anger as her light brown eyes narrowed into a glare. She was tired of being asked that same question repeatedly since she had been dragged to the manor. Had she really been that important to the Kings or was she only special to Shadows?

"Why would I try to steal the hard drive with the spell that would give me back all of my memories if I remembered who I am," she snarled.

Johnny expression quickly changed to one of hurt and sadness, hurt that someone he cared about was angry with him and sad because Cadence his best friend didn't remember him or the good times they once shared together. The brunette watched the werewolf in front of her, unsure if his emotions were genuine or purely false and well acted out.

"Why does me remembering Vengeance matter," Cadence questioned, remembering the werewolf had mentioned his fellow King. "I'm sure the king of the vampires could give two shits less about a human."

Johnny scoffed, finding humor in Cadence's ignorance about Zacky. Vampires were commonly known for treating humans merely as cattle to feed from and occasionally killed them for fun but the brunette of course, had slowly become the exception to those thoughts in Zacky's mind. She mattered to the king. She was special. When the vampire finally heard that the thief was the woman he thought died as a result of Shadows' demon rage, Johnny hoped and prayed his friend would be happy once more because having a sadistic vampire and a sadistic demon picking humans up off the street simply to torture was beginning to worry the other three rulers greatly.
♠ ♠ ♠
I apologize for this not being posted yesterday. I was volunteering at Phoenix Comic Con all four days and by the time I got home last night I passed out super quick. I hope you all enjoy the new chapter and remember don't be a silent reader.