Status: Updates every Sunday or Monday depending on my work schedule

Heaven Knows

Impala

It had been a month going on two and Kobra Kid felt like he was still getting nowhere with his plans to rescue Adrenaline Monster from her captors in the City of Evil. Kobra’s brother, Party Poison continued to insist that the young brunette could handle herself if she was still alive. Thankfully, newly arrived intelligence, Fun Ghoul, had received from their informant in the City proved that Adrenaline was indeed alive. Of course the photos that had been sent with the news had made the young Killjoy even more eager to rescue the girl he had fallen for. Each photo showed the brunette surrounded by Synyster Gates, Johnny Christ and the Rev. The one photo that had all five rulers together showed a look of desire in both Shadows and Vengeance’s eyes. It worried Kobra Kid immensely that the two cruelest and sadistic rulers of Bat Country had their eyes on Adrenaline.

“Kobra, she’ll be fine,” Jet Star spoke up. “Adrenaline is a fighter. She’ll be back with us before you know it.”

Kobra nodded absently as he stared out at the sun setting in the horizon, wondering if the brunette he cared for was able to see it as well or if she was locked in the dungeon of the five kings. His mind raced with thoughts of Adrenaline, just wanting her back in his arms. He missed her horrible jokes about all their Killjoy names. He missed the way she made some of the grossest stuff they had to eat to survive seem edible. Kobra Kid missed everything about the brunette and he planned to get her back at his side if it was the last thing he did.

Cadence looked out the locked window in her small room, running her finger tips over the glass as she thought of Kobra Kid. She wanted to escape and be by his side once more but the brunette knew it would be nearly impossible with how close of an eye the kings kept on her especially Shadows and Vengeance.

"Kay can I come in," Rev's voice came from behind her room door.

Cadence mumbled for Rev to come in, knowing the king of the shapeshifters would let himself in even if she said no. The King for some reason had been trying really hard to have her memory come back without giving her the spell they both knew she needed to make everything come back to her. She moved to sit down on her bed as the tall, lanky shapeshifter walked in, his bright blue eyes gleaming with mischief and something else she couldn't place.

"Who am I helping you piss off today," she asked.

The Rev simply smiled, swiftly grabbing Cadence and pulling her over his shoulder and carried her out of her room. Cadence rolled her eyes, ordering the shapeshifter to put her down, but when all he did was begin rambling about his plans for them to hang out, the brunette knew she wouldn't be getting down anytime soon. She just hoped the older man didn't get her in trouble with Shadows since on occasion, the demon king still yelled at her. It probably wouldn't take much for the buff, hazel-eyed demon's yelling to escalate to hitting her, especially if the Rev got her involved in something she wasn't supposed to be doing.

"Relax, Kay," Rev said. "You'll be fine. If anyone will get in trouble it'll be Johnny and me."

Cadence was set down on her feet, a look of confusion forming on her face when she realized they were in the manor's car garage, Johnny the King of the werewolves waiting in a glossy black 1967 Chevy impala. Her light brown eyes scanned the car as she gently placed her hands on the hood, running her fingers over the headlights.

"I remember growing up and watching my dad fix vintage cars like this one," the brunette mumbled. "He would blast the soundtrack from Reservoir Dogs and listen to it on repeat the entire time he worked."

Rev grinned as he listened to Cadence speak, staring at the brunette and waiting for her to realize what she had just said. Her brown eyes looked up at his vibrant blues ones and tears began welling up in her eyes. She had remembered something finally and it felt like a weight had been lifted from her shoulders. The nineteen-year-old wrapped her arms around the Rev and began crying into his shirted chest, thanking him in-between her sobs. Now Cadence only hoped more of her memories would start coming back or the brunette would have to find a way to get to the memory spell again because life without her memory was utter hell.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is the second and final update for this week. I'll probably post the next chapter Sunday morning, Don't forget to comment and recommend if you like the story and remember don't be a silent reader.