Love Happens

Lost Words

I hope he doesn’t do anything that he will later... eins, zwei, drei...

Edward shook his head in annoyance as Alice quickly began changing her thoughts. Doing the best he could to stop listening, he made his way to his room and locked the door behind him. It had been too long since he had changed his routine. All the did was recall on the day she broke his heart and left him. The day Isabella Swan chose Jacob Black over him.

“Edward...”

“What's wrong love?”

“I... I need to get something of my chest, something that has been nagging at me nonstop since you proposed.”

“Bella.... what's wrong?”

“I just... I just can't find a way to tell you. I don't know how...”

“Bella, just tell me what's wrong.”

“It's just hard. Edward, I love you I do but things have changed.”

“What do you mean?”

“I mean I can't keep living a lie, I can't keep lying to my family. The people I love. I hate myself for what I'm about to do but I have to because if I don't I feel like I'm live to live unhappy and that's going to make you unhappy too.”

“Bella-”

“I feel like I owe it to you, to be honest. Edward, I want a normal life. A life with a husband, children... to be able to see my parents when I want. A chance of not being of living for eternity, years after all the people I have cared for are long gone and Jacob can give me all of that.”


Edward clenched his jaw. No matter how hard he tried, he remembered. He remembered every single word that tore through his cold and unbeating heart, even three years after her death.

“Edward?”

Turning his gaze away from the window he walked out of his room and went into the living room where his entire family stood watching him almost pitifully.

“Not again-”

Before he could finish, Carlisle took a step forward and Edward sighed as he began, “As a family that cares for you, we believe leaving Forks would be the best thing.”

Shaking his head, Edward glanced at his entire family and rubbed his temple, “Why should we move when we have finally found a place to settle in for a while?”

“Edward... we see the pain in your eyes, we can't see you suffer anymore. Leaving can at least make the pain-”

“Leaving won't take it away Alice.”

Taking a deep breath when he realized anger was in his voice, Edward shook his head and stared at his adoptive father in the most pleading way he could, “Carlisle, I'm not leaving.”

Watching as Rosalie rolled her eyes in annoyance, Edward smiled weakly and turning back to Carlisle said, “I need to hunt, I'll be back before nightfall.”

Having him nod, Edward turned around and walked out of the house wondering if staying at Forks really was the best thing to do.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's been awhile since I've updated anything hope this makes up for it.