That Stupid Dance

Where Did You Go?

Emily
A couple of hours after my run in with Rob, I had moved on and just enjoyed my night out. I noticed that I hadn’t seen my sister but at the same time was thankful. She always had a sour face when we had to go to dances and school events. I would tell her to try to enjoy them since she had to be there anyway but she wouldn’t listen and would be cranky throughout the day.
After dancing for an hour straight I went outside of the gymnasium to get some fresh air. Wiping some of the sweat I had gotten by dancing, I looked around and raised an eyebrow when I noticed that Sam’s blue Mustang wasn’t in the parking lot. She must’ve gone out with Rob in her car.
I sighed. The thought of them together made me kind of angry. I had like Rob since I first saw him. He never really paid attention to me and for once I thought I might have a chance with him tonight. Shaking my head I walked back inside the gym and found a group of my friends.
“Kat!”
Katherine hugged me I approached them and a few other of the girls said, “Hi.”
Kat was wearing a long black dress and had her hair tied up in a bun.
“I love your dress,” I began only to be stopped by Anna another good friend and Robert’s sister, “Hey Em… I had a quick question and I’m really sorry to ask but my brother is getting on my damn nerves. He’s wondering if he could have your sister’s number.”
“My sister’s number?” Confusion must have been all over my face because at that point Anna stepped aside and pointed out Rob.
“I thought Rob was with Sam?” I began. Before she could reply I walked over to Rob and asked him, “You haven’t seen Sam? She was outside when you first saw me.”
Rob shook his head, “By the time I got outside I didn’t see her or her car. I figured she left… that’s why I was hoping to get her number. I mean if it’s okay?”
As he finished his sentenced I stepped outside of the gym again and pulled out my phone, Did Sam really leave me here alone? Dad would flip out if he knew she wasn’t here and didn’t tell me or him where she was…
Dialing Samantha’s number, I waited for her to pick up and sighed when it went straight to voicemail. Leaving her a voice mail I hung up and thought, Come on Sam, don’t do this to me. Pick up the phone!
Trying her phone a few more times I sighed and realized I had to call Dad. Maybe she was home after all. Dialing my Dad’s phone I took a deep breath.
“Emily… is everything all right?” My Dad’s voice seemed stress.
“I’m fine… I was just wondering if Sam is at home?”
In an instant the way my Dad spoke drastically switched from concerned to angry, “What do you mean if Sam I at home? She’s not there with you?”
“Look maybe it’s a mistake but she’s not here. A few friends at school asked me where she was and when I walked out to the parking lot her car was gone. I thought maybe she had gone home?”
“So now you’re alone at this party?”
“Dad, it’s a school dance.”
Hearing him move around a few things I mentally cursed when he said, “I’m going to go pick you up. Sam isn’t home and I don’t like you being alone.”
I sighed, “Alright. I’ll be outside when you get here.”
With that I hung up and crossed my arms.
Dammit Sam, where are you?
♠ ♠ ♠
Emily's P.O.V.