Pretend

Burnt

Oh little teary eyed one, did you see your chance to have fun? It slipped away the moment you arrived finally free of the boredom and the structured life.

But they all slipped away quickly not telling you to come along. They said whoever wishes, but you knew that glare from before. Don't trust it, you are alone.

Oh uncomplicated soul, whose being has been drenched in rust. You're only reaching out now, finding someone to trust. But that hope should be gone, there is coal in their eyes, and they're ready to light fire and become your demise.

But if you wish to hold on, you'll slip away. Into the darkness, right into the cave. You may feel it's a lonely space, it's known for its bats, but this cave will protect you and let you feel alive. Only for you to realize it's painful disguise. This place is your prison, and there's no escape. You'll never make enough money, you'll have too many bills to pay. So hold onto your structure and your unzealous life because that's all they left of peace, because they can't quite reach.

Oh broken mind, where did you lose yourself? Every archer has their bow but their target doesn't need an arrow. Break free from the metal, drop out of the game, let yourself be free and mend your own mind. Stop straying by the edges of the oncoming doom, let your life stay on this earth a little longer.

What if you miss out, hurried as you were,waiting for this hell just to be over.

Give your charity, don't let your tick tock be in vain, embrace the one who reaches, because they hug you to erase their own pain. Even if every inch of your face is the one that stings, that small embrace is all they can claim for comfort in this place.

These innocent ones don't know the Devils that hide here. These ones don't know how much you've suffered and how often you've had to hide. All that pain and sadness has been cleaned up for a while, with only your sulking face as the past's reminder. They want to remove you and burn you away. They want these innocent ones not to note your dismay. Lest they come to see the horns on the Devils, lest they come to know who is real trouble.

So young cast away, slipping at the edge, don't let yourself slip and be burnt from the fast current. No matter how they push you, no matter how much they say: you're stupid, fat and useless and you'll never find your soul mate. Just let it fade today, and tomorrow you can see, even if everything is the same you still made it past one more day.

You know they want you gone, they squeeze your life out. But the devil can't touch you truly because you're pure. They say you're destiny is intertwined with their choice, but God didn't choose them as partners, He chose no one.

So you have to be able to see that these are human beings, evil as they are and cruel intentions well intact. You can't let them decide your fate, you're not their art piece.