Reality

You're Not Real.

Ella tried her hardest not to gag as she swallowed the salty holy water. Dean had been nice enough not to cut too deep with the silver blade and even patched up the tiny cut along with her bite, but she was almost certain the holy water was from a water hose and blessed by Dean, it tasted rusty. Forcing her face straight again, she coughed, spitting the access liquid onto the ground. She'd passed his tests with flying colors she'd suspected as Dean's face wasn't quite so tense as it had been.

"So, believe me now?" Dean raised a brow, clearly not appreciating Ella's tone. She didn't mean to sound sarcastic, she understood his concern, she was just worried. She couldn't figure out what was going on. She'd long ruled out elaborate prank, there was no way Mark or even her best friend, Kim, could afford to hire the actual cast to prank her. Still, she couldn't understand how she was here. The thought that she could still be dreaming, lingered still in the back of her mind, though it hardly made any sense at this point.

"Alright," Dean had pulled open the back door of the Impala, which was where Ella was now sitting with Dean in front of her on a stool. "You're human, so how the hell do you know about Poughkeepsie?"

"I told you, you told me." Dean watched her as he folded his arms across his chest.

"Yeah, except I didn't." He wasn't angry anymore, but he was certain he would have remembered Ella if he'd met her before. Tucking her arms into her, Ella gave him a shrug.

"Okay, not... technically." This caused Dean to raise his brows in an 'I thought so' manner. "I didn't lie, it's just," she wanted to defend herself, but the truth sounded crazy, even to her. Unfortunately for Ella, she knew Dean Winchester would accept nothing less than the truth, so she had no choice but to go with it. "You're not real."

"Oh, so now I'm not real?" His eyebrows raised again as he mocked her. Nothing coming out of this woman's mouth was making any sense. If she'd told him his life wasn't real, okay that was a little far fetched, but more believable than he himself wasn't real.

"I mean, where I'm from you're whole life is a television show called Supernatural." Supernatural, Dean remembered that, it was a series of books written by some prophet. He and Sam had run into them a few years back. So that was it, this woman must have just been some super-fan like Becky. He shivered at the thought.

Standing up, Dean wiped his hands on his jeans, trying not to sound as uncomfortable as he was. "So you've read the books, is that it?" His eyebrows raised a little as he crossed his arms, clearly interrogating her.

"What? No, I said—oh." Ella rolled her eyes, realizing what Dean was getting at. He was accusing her of being a fan of the Supernatural books written by Chuck the prophet. Giving a sigh, Ella shook her head. "I'm not some fan—well, I am a fan, but not of the books, of the show—the actual show." She was trying to explain to him the best she could, but to no avail. Dean just continued to look at her, dumbfounded and Ella found it frustrating. She wished Sam had been there, at least he was more the logical one and would probably understand what she was trying to say better than muscles McGee.

"So... there's a show now?" Ella gave a loud sigh, standing up.

"No." Crossing her arms, she took a breath as she racked her brain. "I think I'm from a different dimension or something, because where I'm from you're whole life is a television show. I know all about Chuck the prophet that wrote the books, Sam falling into the pit—pretty much everything up until partially through season ten which," Ella paused trying to figure out where exactly she was in the show. "If you're living with Lisa and Ben, then it's just after season five—"

"How do you know about—" Dean began, only to be ignored as Ella was deep in thought.

"Which would make it season six, so what? Four years from now? Three and a half?" Dean cocked his head, his mouth partially open. This woman knew what was going to happen in the future?

"Okay, let's say you are from a different dimension—"

"I am! Which is why I need your help to get back—"

"Yeah, yeah—just hold on a second." Dean held up a hand to shush Ella, earning himself an eye roll. Back home she'd always thought of Dean as the best piece of eye candy, but in real life she was only finding him frustrating. "Let's just say you are from a different dimension, you're saying you know what's going to happen the next four years?" He was giving her a look of disbelief, because it was difficult to believe. This woman was the ultimate cheat sheet and she was trying to go home, back to her own reality.

"No." Ella sighed in disbelief. She knew what Dean was thinking, but if she'd learned anything from movies and shows it was that you don't mess with the past.

"You just said—"

"I'm not telling you anything! I could change the future and if that happened I could be screwed!" Dean's face fell and he gave a shrug. He hated to admit it, but Ella had a point. "Besides, I promised to help you find Sam and then you said you'd help me get home, that's it." She didn't remember every detail to every episode anyway, that would have been insane.

"Okay, if you know everything how come you don't know where Sam is?" Ella pulled a face as she raised her shoulders in disbelief.

"Do you remember everything from every episode of Dr. Sexy M.D.?" Dean's eyes widened at the mention of his guilty pleasure. He hadn't told anyone about that, except of course Sam, but even that had been by accident. Did this woman really know everything about their lives? "All I remember about this episode is... Sam finds you and saves you from something, but I can't remember what exactly."

"Well, that's helpful." He was patronizing her and Ella didn't appreciate it. "So Sam finds me?" Dean changed the subject receiving a nod, "so you basically cheated on your part of the deal." Dean raised an eyebrow accusingly, but Ella just smiled.

"Sue me."

"Dean?" Lisa's voice sounded from just outside the garage and Dean's hand flew out towards Ella, shoving her into the Impala and onto the floorboard of the backseat.

"Hey," Ella began just as Dean pointed a finger at her warning her to stay quiet before grabbing the backdoor to close her in. Giving a silent growl, Ella rolled her eyes as she lay down as flat as she could in such a tight space. She couldn't even count how many times she'd dreamed of sitting inside this Impala, though maybe not exactly on the floorboards. None of it mattered now, all she could think of now was getting home and she hadn't the slightest idea where to even start.

"Hey, sorry I uh, got side tracked." Dean smiled, motioning towards the Impala as he slammed the door shut, barely missing Ella's feet as she'd pulled her knees to her chest. He may have been failing to keep all the crazy crap out of his life, but he didn't want Lisa and Ben dragged into it.

Lisa stood in the doorway to the garage, eyeing Dean suspiciously. It wouldn't have been the first time she'd caught him talking to the Impala, or an absent Sam, but she was almost certain she'd heard another voice.

"Is everything alright? I thought I heard someone." Pulling her robe tighter around her torso to keep out the chill, Lisa watched Dean as he placed a hand on the roof of the Impala, giving it a gentle tap.

"Yeah, no it's just me and baby out here." Ella couldn't help but to smile at Dean's nickname for his car. It was strange hearing him say it in person. "Was thinking about heading into town for a bit, get a drink."

Ella lay quietly in her scrunched position, waiting for Lisa to finish her farewells. She was unconvinced and Ella could tell, though she wasn't entirely sure if Dean could or not. She hadn't been in Supernatural for an hour and already she ached everywhere.

"Okay," Dean had opened the door to the Impala, motioning for her to follow him as he kept an eye on the garage door. Lisa must have bought his story enough to go back to bed, Ella guessed as she struggled to untuck herself from between the front and back seats. "We gotta get you outta here, come on." Dean grabbed hold of Ella's hand, keeping her hidden behind him as they sneaked their way back around the house to his pickup truck.

"Where exactly are we going?" Ella asked as she buckled herself in. "And why did you hide me from Lisa? I feel... kinda trampy." Dean paused for a moment, giving her a look of disbelief before finally starting up the truck.

"I've got a friend you'll be staying with for a while until we can get all this figured out." He explained as he backed out of the driveway. "And I don't want Lisa and Ben getting mixed up in, whatever the hell this is." Ella found herself watching him, the muscles in his arms as he turned the steering wheel, the way his eyebrows rose slightly as looked up and down the street before finally backing up. It all felt surreal, Jensen Ackles sitting just in the seat beside her, only it wasn't Jensen, it was his character, Dean.

When she didn't respond, Dean turned to find Ella staring at him. The color rose in her cheeks as she realized she'd been caught before she shook her head and turned to look out the window. Had she run into him a few years ago, he would've hit on her so fast it would've left her head spinning, but that was then. He didn't even know what she was, and if she was telling the truth, what the hell would have enough power to make her jump dimensions? She did seem harmless enough though and he began to feel a pang of guilt about trying to kill her earlier.

Ella awkwardly cleared her throat before tucking a loose curl behind her ear.

"You mean Bobby?" She asked, unable to look back at him.

"How--you know what, never mind." Dean wasn't sure if he could get used to Ella just knowing so much. "Yeah, Bobby. If anyone can help us figure this out it's him."

Ella gave a sigh, resting her elbow on the window. Maybe Dean was right, Bobby was the go-to guy after all and if anyone could figure this out it would have to be him. She just wished she could remember who it was that sent Sam and Dean to her reality, or what season it was in, then at least they'd have some kind of start. Her memory really was a terrible thing sometimes.

If took almost half the night to drive to Bobby's, which didn't make any sense on Ella's account, but she'd learned to stop questioning the Winchester's travel times. Singer Salvage looked pretty much like any other old beat up junkyard, a dirt lot filled with rusty metal. It felt like she was in some secret, Supernatural themed park at Universal Studios, like if the Wizarding World of Harry Potter had been Supernatural themed.

Following Dean up to the old house, Ella felt a little uneasy. She was shamefully excited to be meeting Bobby, and then there was the guilt that she knew his fate and yet couldn't even speak of it. Bobby needed to die, because he helped the boys a few times from the other side, she couldn't risk changing anything in case it jeopardized her chances of getting home.

Bobby's house was a lot larger up close, a dirty blue color with the upstairs windows mostly boarded up. Ella was so focused on the house, she hadn't even noticed Dean throw a hand up to stop her just as they reached the porch and she walked right into it.

"Hey, earth to Ella." Dean snapped in her face even though she was already giving him her full attention. "Try not to pull any of that 'I Know What You Did Last Summer' crap okay?" Ella frowned. Listening to Dean's analogies on television and listening to them in person were two very different things, they were more insulting when directed straight to one's face. "Just let me do the talking. If you thought I was difficult to convince, Bobby's ten times worse." Ella gave an exaggerated nod. She already knew this as Bobby'd tried to kill Dean when Castiel had brought him back from the dead, though she decided against trying to explain this to Dean.

Giving three, loud knocks, Dean dropped his hands back to his sides before giving Ella a quick look over as she stood quietly behind him. As if his list of weird wasn't long enough already, now he had a girl from a different dimension standing behind him that's been watching his life for the past six years.

"Dean?" Dean gave Bobby a smile, raising his eyebrows quickly as if to say, 'surprise'. "What the hell are you doing here? Who's she?" Ella smiled, giving Bobby a wave which he awkwardly returned, though still expecting some sort of explanation from Dean.

"Bobby," Dean sighed, placing his hands on his hips as he looked from Bobby to Ella. "We gotta talk."
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm not going to lie, it's hard to write characters into stories, so if I don't properly capture Dean or Bobby or Sam's personalities all that well, I apologize.