Reality

Think You Can Help Her, Bobby?

"Let me get this straight," Bobby cocked his head slightly, holding up a hand to stop Dean's story. It was a lot to take in all at once and he just wanted to make sure he was keeping up. "You're from a different dimension, where our whole existence is some television show?" Ella nodded from her place on Bobby's sofa. The place seemed more untidy in person and she was trying her best to be polite and not come across grossed out. "And you actually watch it?"

"Bobby," Dean interrupted. He'd been leaned against Bobby's desk, but stood up as Bobby had gone off topic. "Sam's alive—"

"So she says—no offense." It had been slightly offensive, but Ella just gave a tight smile and shrugged. She was more interested in her part of the deal and couldn't stop glancing at the many books stacked around her, hoping to catch a title that may help her get home. "Look, I'm sorry, but people don't just fall out of jungle gyms and jump dimensions." Both Dean and Ella knew Bobby had a point, by all accounts it made no sense.

"But she knows things, Bobby." Dean took a step towards Ella, snapping her attention away from a stack of books she'd been reading. "Go on, tell him something." He motioned towards Bobby as if Ella had some sort of power he wanted her to use on him. Ella immediately felt pressured as the attention had all been placed on her and her mind went temporarily blank. What could she tell Bobby that wouldn't give away too much of the future?

"I think you broke her, Dean." Bobby sighed, leaning back in his chair. Bobby knew about the Supernatural books and it wouldn't take a brainiac to read a few of them and say they were from a different dimension. It was a new story though, he'd give the girl an A for creativity.

Just as Dean had given her a look of disbelief, Ella thought of something she'd hoped would get Bobby to believe her. Something that wasn't in any of the Supernatural books.

"You're father," Bobby's eyes shot up to meet Ella's. "He was... abusive." It was Bobby's personal life and Ella felt suddenly uncomfortable saying it out loud.

Dean looked to Bobby, awaiting some sort of explanation as to how she could have known that if she was lying to them because he wanted to believe her. He wanted to believe that she was actually telling the truth and that Sam was alive.

"And?" Bobby replied, leaning forward onto his knees. He said it as if to challenge her, after all it wasn't completely unheard of for someone to have had an abusive father. There was always the chance the girl was just damn good at reading people.

"And," Ella looked up at Dean and back down to Bobby, "you killed him. Shot him in the kitchen."

"Holy hell." Bobby breathed. There was no way she could have known that, no one knew that.

"See what I mean? And she knows mine and Sam's code word, she knows about Lisa and Ben, the apocalypse," Dean crossed his arms, pointing at Bobby as though he'd just proven his point.

"How far ahead do you know?" Bobby asked Ella, unable to take his eyes off of her. If she really did know about the future, she may come in handy.

"About three and a half years, but I can't tell you anything." Ella looked between Bobby and Dean. She was beginning to second guess her decision of telling them she knew anything at all, of course they'd want spoilers.

"And why the hell not?"

"That's what I said." Ella rolled her eyes at the two as she slapped her hands against her knees, pushing herself up off the sofa.

"Can we get to the more pressing issue?" Both men looked at her, clearly not understanding what she meant as they found her knowledge of what was going to happen more important. "Like how I got here in the first place and how do I get back?" She asked, folding her arms across her chest.

"No, first we find Sam." Dean was probably Ella's second favorite character in the show, next to Cas, but his selfishness was beginning to get on her last nerves. She'd already told him that Sam finds him and she'd wasted enough time as it was.

"My two year old son could still be at that playground by himself, Dean, or worse lost somewhere in this messed up reality," Ella was nowhere near tall enough to look Dean eye to eye but she stood as tall as she could as she spoke to him to show her seriousness. "Now I understand you love your brother, but I've already told you he's alive and will find you, can you tell me that much about my son?" Dean's features softened as he looked down at Ella. She was right, she was a mother, maybe her problems were a bit more dire than his own. He just needed to wait for Sammy to show up, she had no idea where her son even was. She was the victim in this whole circumstance, he had no right to ask her for anything.

"Think you can help her, Bobby?" Dean looked over Ella, to Bobby who was watching the two from his desk chair. Ella closed her eyes, giving a silent sigh of relief as she spun around to face Bobby.

"None of this makes a lick of sense, but," Bobby stood up, walking past Dean and Ella to a stack of books he had piled on the floor behind his desk. "Maybe there's something in one of these." He dropped a few books onto the desk and Ella immediately reached around Dean to grab them. They were all on witchcraft, ancient spells and such.

Ella shook her head as she looked through the pile. Witchcraft wasn't right, she knew that much. She just needed to remember who it was that sent Sam and Dean to the real world...

"These aren't right..." The statement was more to herself, but she looked up to find Bobby staring at her and looking rather annoyed.

"Well if you haven't noticed, sweetheart, I've got a lot of books and no leads." Bobby motioned around the room. He didn't mean to sound rude, but they had no idea where to even start, hell he'd never even heard of inter dimensional travel outside of television.

"Bobby, be nice." Dean told him as he'd noticed Ella place a hand on her forehead. He could see the bruise on her arm from where he'd grabbed her earlier and he felt sympathy for the woman. All she wanted was to get home to her kid and instead she was here, getting her ass kicked, by the supposed 'good guys' no less.

"Well maybe if we knew where to start, Dean." Bobby explained, pulling more books from the shelf along the wall. "We're searching for a friggin' needle in a stack of needles." Taking a deep breath, Ella walked back over to the sofa before flopping down. She was growing tired, her right arm had been through hell and back, and in trying to remember what had sent Sam and Dean jumping dimensions she was growing a headache.

"Hey, you can trust Bobby." Ella looked up at Dean, who was trying to sound comforting which was a little odd after everything that had happened.

"I know." She told him, smiling over at Bobby as he'd gone into research mode. Typical Bobby Singer, always breaking his back to help someone in need, even Ella whom he barely even knew. "You should probably get back though, put your life in danger so Sam can save you."

Dean pinched his lips together, giving Ella a nod as she reminded him. He couldn't help but to wonder though, if Sam was alive, how come he hadn't come to tell Dean? Or did he just return from he cage a little before saving Dean's hide? He figured Ella had enough on her plate though without continuing to press her for questions. As long as Sam showed up, that was good enough for Dean. He would just ask him face to face.

"Yeah, Bobby I gotta go." Bobby didn't even bother to look up as he continued to scan through his collection of books, tossing random ones he thought may help onto the desk. "I'll try to come back tomorrow and—"

"No!" Ella spoke up, causing both men to look at her. "Don't come back, just go on with your day to day."

"What are you taking about? I can help you guys figure this out." Dean was taking it as an insult to his intelligence, though he also considered maybe Ella just didn't want him around after he'd tried to kill her. He couldn't blame her really, but he wasn't sure how to just apologize for trying to kill her.

"I'm not in the show, Dean please," Ella paused for moment as the fear crept into her chest, "don't change anything."

"She's right, Dean." Bobby added, looking up from one of his books. "She may know what's gonna happen now, but if you change anything we'll all be in the dark again."

Though Ella was thankful to have someone on her side, it wasn't minutes ago Bobby was on Dean's side wanting her to tell them about the future.

"Two minutes ago you were asking her to spill the beans about the future." Dean stated, giving Bobby a look of disbelief.

"Yeah well, I was wrong." Bobby looked back down at the book in his hands, done with the whole subject, and Ella suddenly remembered why. Bobby knew Sam was alive. Dean had gotten out of the life and he wanted it to stay that way and that meant returning to Lisa and Ben and forgetting Ella ever showed up. She highly doubted Dean would just give up what was, technically, a case, but she didn't want him interrupting his timeline anymore than it had already been.

Dean was silent for a moment as he looked back and forth between the two. This was it, what he'd been missing for an entire year and suddenly a case just appears on his front lawn and he was being kicked off of it. It was he that found Ella, he should be helping figure out how to get her home.

"Alright, whatever." He huffed, deciding it would be a waste to try to argue with the both of them and making his way back towards the door. He'd made a silent promise to give them forty-eight hours to figure it out before he came back to help with or without their permission.

Ella waited to hear the front door slam shut before getting back up and making her way over to Bobby.

"He's gonna be pissed, you know." She said, flipping open another dusty book Bobby had sat on his desk.

"He'll get over it."

"I mean about Sam." Bobby paused as he'd gone to look through another book. "About you guys not telling him." Though he was surprised that she knew this, Bobby was a little better at hiding it than Dean was. Maybe the girl wasn't a fake, and if she wasn't he supposed he should get used to her knowing things she shouldn't.

"He was out." He stated, returning to his book. Bobby and Sam both agreed to leave Dean out of the loop, his life was better now with a woman and a kid. What hunter didn't wish they could just walk away from it all like Dean had? "When Sam returned—"

"Sam Winchester has returned."

The voice, right before she'd fallen... fallen—angels! She remembered, it was Balthazar that had sent Sam and Dean to her world! Angels had the power, well at least she hoped. She couldn't quite remember how he'd sent them.

"Angels!" Ella exclaimed, ignoring Bobby and running towards a stack of books. She'd seen a book having something to do about angels when Dean had been explaining the night's events to Bobby.

"Yeah, what about em?" Thankful to be off the subject of Sam, Bobby watched as Ella scanned quickly through a stack of books before turning to another stack beside it and doing the same.

"Balthazar, he..." Ella paused, trying desperately to remember if he'd even been introduced yet.

"Balthazar?" Bobby confirmed her fears and she silently cursed herself.

"Never mind." Shaking her head, Ella's finger finally ran across the title she'd been looking for, Angels.

"Lemme guess, spoilers." Ella smiled sympathetically as she gave him a shrug. She didn't want to summon Balthazar as he hadn't yet been introduced into the show and she was hoping she could find some clue as to how he'd sent the boys to the alternate reality in the book. It looked much older than any of the ones Bobby had pulled out, and it was simply titled, Angels.

"You could say that." Ella smiled triumphantly as she held up the book. "We should also look through any other books you've got on angels, look for anything about alternate realities." Scooting the other books to the side, Ella sat her book down on Bobby's desk and began flipping through pages. She frowned as she quickly realized it was mostly about anatomy and angels were a lot more terrifying than what was shown on television.

When Bobby didn't move, Ella glanced up at him to see what was wrong. He was watching her with a sort of shocked expression on his face and she assumed he was also reading the basic description.

"How the hell do you know that's about angels?" Bobby asked, looking from Ella then down to the book. She wasn't sure if this was some sort of joke or what, but she flipped it back to the cover and held it up to show him the title.

"It says 'Angels' on the cover." The letters were a bit odd looking, but it still said Angels, nonetheless.

"Ella," Bobby continued to stare at the book cover before looking back to her, his eyebrows now furrowed, "that book's written in another language." Ella's eyes widened as she flipped the book back around. It didn't look like another language to her, it was English—fancy English, but still English clear as day.

"No," Ella squinted, holding the book closer to her face. "I mean, the letters are a bit fancy, but it's English, Bobby." She could only guess that he needed his reading glasses, but Ella was too polite to say anything. She was, after all, a guest in his house.

"I had it in that pile for translation," Bobby took the book from Ella's hands, giving it a double take himself. It was definitely Enochian, and if Ella could read it, it meant nothing good. "This book's written in Enochian, Ella."

Ella's eyes widened in surprise. There was no way the book was written in Enochian, it would have been just gibberish to her. How could it have been possible that she could read it? She definitely wasn't an angel, they didn't exist in her reality. She couldn't stop looking up at the book in Bobby's hands, hoping the letters would change so that somehow they'd see the same thing. When they didn't, Ella took a few steps away from Bobby's desk.

"If that's," Ella pointed to the book, almost afraid to even ask the question, "if that's Enochian then how the hell can I read it?"
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you so much for the feedback! Hope you enjoyed this chapter!