Rogue

Legend

It was an apartment in the near by town. Two bedrooms, one bath, a kitchen and a living room. It wasn't a bad place.

In this town they didn't know who Tate was. Here he was just a normal person who wondered in one day who had a normal day job.

I sat at the kitchen table with a sigh. Tate sat across from me with a grin.

Could I do this?

"Theia if it makes you feel better if I didn't think you could be Alpha I wouldn't have back down so quick." He said

That made me smile.

"No offense but we are going to need a bigger place but secretive and hidden." I said

He grinned wildly at me. "I have the perfect place and the money to fix it up."

He got up and headed towards the door.

"Tate?" I question

"Leave everything to me but on my bookshelf in my room is a book you should read. It will call to you my Alpha." He said before he left

I got up and made my way to his room. His bookshelf was filled with books but one called, no it howled.

It was a huge, old, ratty book with strange lettering. I picked it up and sat down on his bed starting at the cover. The lettering was the ancient wolf language said to be lost to all but true Alphas.

The lettering changed to English allowing me to read it.

"Legends of the Lunar Children." I read to myself

I opened it up to the first story. But it wasn't the one calling. I flipped through the book to the last story.

"Nightwalkers." I whispered. "Long ago when werewolves were still bond by the moon. A group of hunters begin to experiment trying to make themselves as fast and strong as the wolves without being bonded by the moon and to keep their human minds during the change. It is said that werewolves of today are descended from these hunters. But soon they were found out and forced to leave. Creating a hideout not far from their formal fort they began to call themselves the Nightwalkers. They hunted humans and wolves alike to experiment creating the perfect hunter. They are now to be wiped off the earth. Their hideout never found. The old fort has been remaid into Castle Wolfblood, home to the Royal Family."

A picture of a raven on a flag caught my attention. The caption said it was the symbol of the Nightwalkers.

But why would this story call to me?
♠ ♠ ♠
Enjoy!