Status: In progress

Love Me Like You Do

----Chapter One----

The forest around me was thick and let next to no sunlight to peak through the leaves and branches of nearby trees. The forest was thick and unforgiving and it would be easy to get lost in these woods, if I hadn't grown up in these woods, I would've gotten lost. But I knew these woods like the back of my hand, I wouldn't get lost.

"Chloe!" I pressed my back against a tree and stretched my hands out, touching the rough bark with my fingers. I was pressed back into the tree and tried to make myself as invisible as I possibly could. I was trying to keep my breathing silent and even made sure my feet were planted on the ground. I was trying to limit my movements and the sounds I was making.

"Chloe! I will not ask again!" I whipped my head to my left, hearing twigs snapping and the sounds of heavy breathing. My wolf was fighting me with everything she had and I almost felt her take complete control, but I would not let her.

"Chloe! You can't run from this." I took a deep, silent breath and shuddered. I slowly exhaled and looked down at my feet, frowning. My new shoes were covered in grass, mud and leaves. This was not how I imagined the night to end and I was upset that I had ruined my shoes. It took me forever to save up enough money for the dress, let alone the shoes.

"Dammit." I muttered under my breath and very slowly bent down and touched one of my shoes, trying to rub the mud off. I would try and get all the mud off, and even though it shouldn't be my main priority right now, I was now focused on the task.

"Chloe, I can smell you." My shoes were forgotten as I snapped my head up. I could hear him, he was very close and it sent shivers down my spine. He was too close.

"You can't escape me Chloe." I looked down at my dress and my shoes and frowned. I was going to ruin them both in this mud and I didn't want to, but I knew I had to run.

"I can try." I muttered and picked up my dress in both hands and pushed myself off the tree. I faced North and put one foot in front of the other. I looked back and gulped. My wolf was still fighting me, but I would not give into her.

I turned my head back and took a deep breath. I exhaled and then took another step forward. I cracked my neck and knew that I would have to run now or else he would be too close for me to have a chance.

'We have to do this.' I told my wolf and gripped my dress tighter in my hands and started running. I needed to get out of here.

----------------------------------

I smiled and twirled, the broom in my hand, my microphone. I was bored at work and it was later in the day. We didn't have long until the shop was closed and I couldn't wait to go home. Today was a long day and I was ready to scream from all the idiots I had to deal with. One of those idiots was the Beta's son, Cody. He was an asshole who felt entitled and let everyone lower in the pack order know it.

And I, Chloe Hayes, was lower on the pack order. I was not an Omega, and neither were my parents, but we were lower. We were low enough that we hardly ever saw the Alpha or the Beta or even the Luna, unless they had come into the coffee shop. Other than that, we stuck to our own lives, our own business and didn't cause trouble.

"And I said hey there pretty brown eyes. What you doin' later tonight? Would you mind if I spend time with you? And I said hey there pretty brown eyes. What you doin' later tonight? Would you mind if I spend time with you?" I swung the broom around and sung into the end while 'sweeping'. I was doing the end of the night responsibilities, and sweeping was one of the more annoying tasks.

The shop that my parents owned, was more of a cafe than a shop. We served coffee, tea, hot chocolate and homemade desserts. As well as a few soups and sandwiches. It was a nice cafe and even though there was another one in the town, ours was better.

"Chloe! Bring our usual!" I dropped the broom and saw the Alpha's son and the Beta's son sitting at their usual table. They had two girls with them and they looked like they were trying hard to impress them.

I rolled my eyes and grabbed a pen and notebook, before I walked over to the table. I stood there and flipped back the cover of the notebook and gave them my best charming smile.

"What can I get you?" I knew the two dicks were going to order their usual but I wasn't sure about the two girls.

"We want our usual Chloe. Didn't you hear that?" The Alpha's son, Braiden, was already starting to get his Alpha tone, and I did all I could not to flinch when he spoke.

"Oh my god, she must be stupid." One of the girls, clearly with Braiden, started curling her hair around her finger. She stared at me and I stared back. She was from our pack and she went to our high school. She wasn't as high on the pack order as she would like to be and she was no doubt sucking up to Braiden to get higher up.

'Too bad she doesn't realize that in order to get higher up on the pack order she has to mate higher up. And she hasn't mated with Braiden.' My wolf was communicating her thoughts to me and I agreed with her. She wouldn't be going anywhere fast.

"I know what you two want but what about those two?" I waited for them to order, but all they did was stare at me. They blinked twice before they leaned close and started whispering.

I rolled my eyes and crossed my arms over my chest. I was tired and I wanted to go home and I had to wait until they were done and gone before I could.

"I'll have a large vanilla non-fat latte with double the syrup and I want whipped cream and chocolate drizzle on top. We both want that." I took their order and walked away from their table and back around the counter.

"You want non-fat and then you get extra syrup, whipped cream and chocolate drizzle. Yeah, you've got some pretty dull crayons in your box." I rolled my eyes and made their drinks while I waited for Braiden and Cody's food to warm up. I stood on my tippy-toes and looked at them from over the coffee machine.

The girls were obviously working hard to impress Braiden and Cody, but it really wouldn't help them much. They weren't their mates and while they could flirt as much as they wanted, I knew that the moment Braiden and Cody's mates entered the picture, those girls would be dropped like flies.

"Chloe! We're waiting! Now coffee girl!" I rolled my eyes and put the food and the drinks on a tray and then balanced the tray on my hip.

"Here you go." I walked over to the table and set their food and drinks on the table and pulled my tray away. I walked away without giving them the opportunity to complain about how long it took or anything else they might want to torture me with.

"No need to say thanks." I grabbed the broom again and started sweeping behind the counter and towards the back, keeping my eyes on the group.