Status: One shot

Jackets

Schedules

"Kaoru! What in the world do you need me for? I already have too much to do."

The band leader bit back a grin as his spitfire of an assistant marched through the door. Dark red hair in a messy bun, jeans and over sized shirt askew, a large bag thrown across her body and a jacket far too big for her almost slipping from her shoulders. She was the picture of exhaustion and yet she kept going. With the help of two cups of coffee, of course.

Die snickered, "Who gave you that jacket?"

"Your leader," Nola retorted before turning towards the man in question. "What am I here for? I have three meetings to get to, a photographer to book, a schedule to look over, tour bookings, and a photo shoot to schedule. I really don`t have time to play around."

"Just sit down," Kaoru said, gesturing to a couch on the other side of the room.

"Five minutes won`t hurt," Shinya added with a smile.

Nola huffed and sat on the couch and sat her bag on the ground. "I really don`t have time for this."

"Yes you do. Now listen to the song."

The young woman huffed but did as she was told. She knew better than to argue with her boss and boyfriend. Especially as exhausted as she was. Nola knew that if she kept arguing one of two things would happen. Kaoru would throw her over his shoulder and cart her off to some broom closet and find a way to make her so exhausted she passed out. Or he`d send everyone out of the room and find a way to make her even more exhausted until she passed out. And the last time he did that, they were in the recording studio and everything got picked up by one of the microphones. Either way, she`s end up passing out or extremely embarrassed and teased by the rest of the band.

And Nola still ended up passing out. Only this time she was lulled to sleep by Kyo`s singing not even ten minutes after she sat down. While she slept, Kaoru was kind enough to reschedule meetings and just about everything she had planned for the day so she could sleep for a few hours. Life as a band members assistant was surprisingly hectic.

"Time to wake up," Shinya urged gently as he lightly shook Nola`s shoulders. She bolted upright, almost hitting him in the head.

"How long have I been asleep?"

"Three hours," Kyo replied.

"What?" She shrieked. "I had meetings!"

"And they`ve been rescheduled," Kaoru chuckled.

Nola huffed and laid back down. "Thank you," She murmured after a few minutes of silence.

"Anytime. I have to look out for you, don`t I?"

"Oh shut up."

The band leader gave a small smile, "Let`s go or you`ll be late."

The younger woman huffed and stood up while shrugging out of the jacket and grabbing her bag. As she walked out of the room she paused to throw Kaoru the jacket she had been wearing.

"I let you barrow this months again. Why are you giving it back now?" He questioned.

"It doesn`t smell like you anymore," Nola answered with a grin. "And I`d like a different one before you leave for tour."

Kaoru chuckled and shook his head, "You and my jackets."