Tidal Wave

Inked

It was nearly sunset in Boston, Massachusetts when the sleek black Lexus pulled into the parking lot. A young woman stepped out of her car and causally adjusted her sunglasses. She had dressed for the fall weather and her black jeans clung to her body, and her leather covered blue button up, flapped in the breeze.

As she walked towards the shop, her long, curled brunette hair bounced with each step. From the outside the steady pump of bass could be heard and the minute she opened the door, she met with a rush of loud music and the distinct smell of ink.

The man at the front desk smiled and waved to her as she passed, she smiled in return as she continued towards the back, to a room hidden behind the curtain decorated with skulls. Without knocking or addressing herself, she pulled back the curtain.

"Hey!" The scrawny, bearded man shouted as he looked up from the body laying in front of him. His angry glare softened into a smile upon his realization of who she was. He placed the tattoo gun back on his work bench and motioned for the man in the chair to relax, and asked for a second, "What's up?"

She shook her head and as she opened her mouth to speak, the man in the chair cleared his throat, "Kyle, are you going to introduce us?" Kyle laughed and shook his head, removing his black latex gloves and throwing them in the trash.

"This is my sister, Kylie."

The man sat up and examined the fresh tattoo on his upper chest, before reaching out and shaking her hand, "Nice to meet you, I'm Chris."

Kylie took in his bright blue eyes, and smiled at him in return.

"So, was there any reason you barged in here, or what?" Kyle asked, reaching for some fresh gloves and Vaseline.

Kylie shook her head, "Actually, I didn't think you would have a customer.. cause we were supposed to meet for dinner.."

Kyle grimaced, "Yeah, about that. Chris contacted me last minute since he's only in town for a few days and asked if we could get it done." Chris frowned and mouthed an apology to Kylie who smiled at him before turning back to her brother.

"Actually, we're almost done.. I can meet you in about 20 minutes at Legal?" Kyle stated, pushing Chris back down into the chair and applying Vaseline to the traced lines.

Kylie nodded and watched her brother continue his work on the man. She announced her departure and said her goodbyes. As she walked back to her car, she couldn't help but try to recall where she had seen Chris' face before. It wasn't until she passed a large billboard advertising "Avengers: Age of Ultron", did she put two and two together..

The man in the chair was Chris Evans.