Status: currently working on it, will update when I can

Call Me Twisted

Chapter 9: I got this thing

"I think Mason is cheating on me." Mom's words made me freeze in my tracks.

I fixed my black tank top, hoping that it didn't appear as suspicious. Mom was setting the table up in her dark blue shorts and white crop top. She always dressed like a teen even though she was twice my age but how else would she get such good-looking men? I cleared my throat and tried swallowing my guilt that was welling up.

"Why do you think that?" I asked as I set the silverware down.

"He just doesn't seem interested in me, that much." She leaned on one of the wooden chairs. "You and I both know that never happens to me." She argued.

"He's a homicide detective, maybe he is just busy and tired." I tried making excuses.

"Maybe, but still, I get a felling from time to time." Mom looked at me with her blue eyes and I could see that she was actually hurt inside.

Our front door creaked open and then I heard Mason's voice announce that he was home. I looked up at Mom who had just put on a blank face to cover her true emotions.

"Do you want me to kick his ass?" I joked.

My mom let out a loud laugh and gave off one of those smiles we shared genetically. Seeing Mom smile made me feel just a little happy even with all the guilt I felt. I knew deep down what I was doing would hurt my mom but for some reason I couldn't stop it. I knew it was wrong but for some reason I couldn't stop it. I knew it was wrong because I still wanted to do it. Maybe it was because of the whole "forbidden fruit" thing. It was more like because I couldn't have Mason, I wanted him so much more.

"What's so funny in here?" Mason asked as he entered the kitchen.

"Just some funny joke Avery told me." Mom replied.

Mason's eyes turned to me and I went back to setting up the table. Mom brought out a bottle of wine and placed it on the table. There was a real uncomfortable silence around us. It was the kind that said something was definitely wrong. I could only hope that Mom wouldn't say anything during dinner.

"Hey Mom, I think the corkscrew is in the living room. I saw it laying on the table and decided to just shove it in the computer desk."

I could have gotten it myself but I needed to be alone with Mason. He needed to be aware of my mother's suspicions. She couldn't find out about us, under no circumstances. I knew what I was doing was wrong, but I didn't care as long as she didn't find out.

"Mason, start giving my mom more attention, she thinks your cheating." I whispered as I stepped right beside him.

"What? Did she tell you that?" He whispered back.

"Yes!"

"Well, what do you want me to do about it?" Mason asked as he folded his arms over his chest.

I looked right in his eyes and gave it a thought. "I don't know give her more attention. Fuck her or something." I suggested.

Mason's eyes nearly bulged out of their sockets and his face nearly fell apart. He opened his mouth to say something but Mom walked in with the corkscrew for the wine. I cleared my throat and started making myself a plate of food. Mom always made nice dinners and tonight it was steak with mashed potatoes and green beans.

There was a little silence between us and Mason kept sending me a look that pleaded me to come up with some sort of a plan. I wasn't happy about the thought of Mason screwing my mom but he was her boyfriend, not mine. Since it was a Friday I figured I could spend the night at Allie's, away from the nasty sounds that my mom makes.

"Allie wanted to know if I could spend the night at her house tonight. It's not a school night." I reasoned.

"Sure." Mom answered.

"No." Mason answered at the same time.

"Why not?" I asked Mason.

"I hears Allie's been having some parties over there, you're in high school, not college." Mason gave the lamest excuse ever.

"Come on Mason, we can't keep her locked up forever." Mom sided with me.

"You'll want to once you hear what your daughter did this week." Mason commented.

I shot Mason my don't-you-dare look. After what I did for him, he better keep his mouth shut. That's exactly what my cold glare was telling him.

"What are you talking about?" Mom asked, looking at Mason.

"Well I just heard that your daughter and Allie threw party with lots of underage drinking."

The moment those words came out of Mason's mouth my jaw dropped. He had some serious balls pulling this shit! Words could not describe the anger that was filling my head. I wanted to scream obscenities and throw my glass of water at him.

"You should probably piss test her. I bet there was ecstasy there." Mason commented.

My eyes grew the size of golf balls. I couldn't believe he just suggested that!

"Your a dick!" I snapped at Mason before throwing my fork down on my glass plate and jumping out of my seat.

I ran into my room and slammed my bedroom door extra loud. With nothing left to do, I changed into black cotton shorts and just stayed on my bed. I closed my eyes and rolled on my stomach, hoping to fall asleep. It worked but I didn't seem to stay sleeping long. I was woken up by my mom practically screaming Mason's name along with some loud slamming. It must have been a head board.

What was he doing in there? Killing her?

I brought the pillow over my head, trying to help plug my ears from the annoying sounds.
Maybe this was just karma.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you for reading don't be afraid to comment special thanks to CyannaMichele for the comment another update will be up soon.