Status: currently working on it, will update when I can

Call Me Twisted

Chapter 11: Step in my ring

After hours of debate I found myself driving to the old yellow trailer. Mason was sitting on the old bench in front of the trailer, shirtless in a pair of black jeans and heavy boots. I was surprised he was wearing boots on such a scorching hot day. It had to be at least 90 degrees with the bright sun beaming.

We exchanged a look and I stepped out of my silver Toyota. I dug my left hand in my blue shorts pocket as I approached him. I didn't know what to say or do. He was blackmailing me and he was just slumped back on the bench like he wasn't doing anything wrong. How could someone act so calm while committing a crime? Did he blackmail girls like me often?

"Thank you for coming." Mason smiled at me.

"Well, it's not like you left me much of a choice." I explained as I pulled my phone out of my pocket.

"It got you here, didn't it?" He referred to the blackmailing message he had sent me.

"It also pissed me off! Where do you get off blackmailing me?" I growled.

"Let's have this conversation inside so we can speak privately." He stood up and headed for the trailer.

I followed him in and shut the door behind me. The living room was nice and cool with blue carpet and one small loveseat. There was a wooden chair by the cream colored loveseat that had an ashtray and a pack of cigarettes on it. I let out a sigh and turned to Mason. This wasn't supposed to be a pleasant conversation but with Mason standing there shirtless how could I not melt into a puddle at his feet? He was a sex God.

"Why are you doing this Mason? Not just to me but to Mom. She is really attached to you." I brought my eyes to his.

"Avery I'm so sorry but I don't want to end what we have. It's so intense, so real, and I love being with you." He kept his voice calm as he stepped forward. "I'll do anything to be with you, why can't you see that?" Mason almost looked hurt and to my surprise it tugged at my heart.

"I do but Mason you're not mine to take, your Mom's boyfriend." I began to explain.

"So I'll leave your mom! I'll pack our shit right now and we can blow this joint. We can go anywhere you want, I have the money!"

I shook my head at Mason's words. "I won't let you hurt my mom." I whispered.

"You mean to tell me, she's the reason that you're leaving me?" Mason spat getting angry.

"Mason it's over, just accept it." I avoided Mason's question and turned to leave.

Mason's hand gripped my arm and stopped me from taking another step.

"Answer me Avery!" He yelled.

I couldn't answer him. It felt like I was putting all this on Mom even though it was our fault. We should have never started this in the first place.

"The only thing I'm going to tell you is that you need to go back to Mom and forget about me. You can try blackmailing me all you want but, but if you want to tell Mom, then do it. She'll probably throw you out and never let you near me again."

I spoke quietly as I pulled my arm out of his grip. He sat down on the loveseat and lit himself a cigarette. Those blue eyes of his looked up at me. Everything became silent but the look in his eyes begged me to stay with him.

"You know it's so much more than just sex with you." He finally spoke again.

"I know but that doesn't change my mind. This has to stop, starting now." I attempted to leave again.

"Avery before you leave, I want you to know that I will do anything and I mean anything to be with you. So if you ever change your mind or you need anything. . " He offered.

"Thank you."

Those were the last two words I spoke before leaving. I had so much pain bundling up in my chest and I had to clear my head. I knew Mason would do anything to be with me I just didn't know the extent of the word "anything".
♠ ♠ ♠
One more chapter after this