Status: Active

What Am I to You?

Catherine Levesque

Catherine was always a quite and reserved girl.
While growing up she never had many friends due to the fact that she considered herself to be more mature than everyone else, which was actually true.

When Catherine was 7, she realized that the kids didn't actually liked her. She didn't knew why, but it was okay with her. She had realized she didn't want their company too.
All the kids her age cared about was to go out and play, to have new toys, or to constantly yell for attention, and all she wanted was to be at peace. She was quite and wanted things that they didn't want.
While the other kids were around the playground playing, she sat next to a tree drawing and looking at the sky. She found out that that made her really happy.
Soon the other kids started picking on her, and she always found herself crying and asking her mommy what she had done wrong.
After a while, her parents decided to mover her to another school.

On her 10th birthday her family had to move from America back to Portugal, and Portugal being her mother's country it was easy for the family to settle down.
Her parents ended up hiring a tutor to help her with the language, since she had never been in Portugal or in direct contact with Portuguese. But since she was a smart kid she quickly got used to the change.

When she turned 13, she started liking photography and asked her parents for a camera, since she showed so much interest and passion about the hobby, they decided to give her a digital camera. It wasn't an expensive camera like a “professional camera”, but it made her the happiest she had been in a while.
Catherine would go out on her free time and photograph everything she could, and she would often drag her mom with her. Her mom didn't mind. She loved to see her daughter happy, so she went along whenever she could.
She also realized that something was missing.
She didn't like the school she was at, she didn't like the people there, and she wasn't happy there, so she decided to change schools, to an arts school.
She started taking classes such as photography, drawing, singing and dancing.
It was there that she met a very important person for her. Her best friend Alessandra, best known as Alessa. Although they only saw each other from 3 to 3 months they were really close, and loved each other very much.
Catherine knew that Alessa was only going to stay in Portugal for 3 years, due to the fact that she was training in South Korea, but she liked to think that they would remain best friends forever.

After 3 years (Catherine was now 16), Alessa had to go to South Korea, and Catherine remained in Portugal to finish her studies. Although they talked a lot over the phone and Skyped, she constantly missed her best friend. She missed the times where they both joked around and stayed up all night talking, and also, their pajama parties.
Cat's world changed drastically. She was used to have a friendly shoulder and someone who was constantly there, but she no longer had that and she felt lost.

One year later, she ended up falling in love with a boy, that in her eyes was the most perfect thing ever, but he turned out to be quite the opposite. Eight months into their relationship and he started becoming something else. He started mistreating her, ignoring her and behind her back he called her a slut.
The boy knew perfectly fine that she wasn't a slut, since he had been her first, but the only thing the bastard wanted was to brag to his friends that he had had her. Him and his friends would later make fun of her.
She reached such a state of mental instability that she had to once again change schools. This time she went to another arts school in a city close to where she lived.

At 18 she graduated from high school and decided to stop studying.
She talked with her best friend over the phone and asked her if she would manage to try and find her a job in Korea. Alessa said that she would talk with a few people she knew and she would help her find a job.

Now, it's September 9th of 2012 and she's at the airport of Beijing ready to catch a plane to Seoul.

"Excuse me" she approached someone. "Can you please..." the person waved her off.
"Thank you" she frowned.
"What do I have to do to get some directions here?!" she thought.
"Porra!"* she sighed while sitting on a chair.
"Do you need help miss?" a man approached her and she looked up. He was wearing a black leather jacket, a mask on his face and a beanie.
"Uhh yes, please!" she answered and showed him her ticket.
"So you're going to Seoul!" he said.
"Yes, I am"
"What brings you to Seoul, if I may ask"
"Sure, no problem. Huhm my best friend. I'm gonna live with my best friend there"
The guy was kind enough to give her the proper directions and to stay with her for a while, since he was also be going to Seoul with his friends.
They talked for a while, until they had to get on the plane.
Once on the plane, Catherine let herself drift to sleep for the rest of the journey to Seoul.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey!
This is my first chapter in our new fanfic.
I really hope you like this and give us some feedback.
Like Shii said we recently re-started listening to kpop and we decided to make a fanfic, because we are more comfortable with kpop stuff at the moment.
I want to ask you to bear with us because I'm doing volunteer work and my co-author is studying for a final exam, so we have no schedule for the updates.

* "Porra" is like "Damn" in Portuguese

Also, I changed my nickname. I'm no longer PoisonGirlForYou. I am now Anisha.
Anyway, hope you guys like this!

~Anisha