Violence

O N E.

It wasn’t as if I’d asked for this.

Maybe he didn’t ask for this either.

I shouldn’t do it.

This is what I was trained to do.

Lives depend on this man losing his.

That’s what does it. The trigger folds under my finger and a bullet rushes from the chamber, through the silencer, and into his chest. I exhale and it’s shaky. A gloved hand clamps down on my shoulder and shakes me gently. “Well done, Thea.” I don’t make a move, or react to my name as he takes the gun gently from my hand.

“Tell me it was the right thing to do.” I whisper.

Ra’s comes to stand in front of me and tilts my head up by my chin. His touch is gentle, but he could certainly kill me in an instant. His blue eyes bore into mine and I struggle not to look away. “You know it was.” I close my eyes to inhale deeply. “Thea.” I open them and he seems that much closer. “You’re doing the right thing here. He was a murderer.”

The words I’m no better hang on my lips. I swallow them back and nod. “Go to the car, I’ll be there shortly.” Any emotion that had leaked into his voice is gone. I nod again and remove my gloves, shoving them into my pockets and walking out of the building. The click of my heels echoes through the studio, reminding each step of what I’ve done; what I’m walking away from. My lips part as I reach the night air. Terror rips through me as I slam against the bricks in the alley way, a sob tears from my chest as I tremble, wrapping my arms around myself trying to provide a comfort I doubt I’ll ever find again. I slide down against the wall, my black skinny jeans come in contact with the ground as I sob quietly into my hands. Ripples of guilt weave their way up my body and I can’t help but question my decisions to stay with Ra’s.

“Thea.” Talia’s voice surprises me, even more so that she grips my arms and helps me stand, wrapping me in her embrace. “This is what we do now. This is who you are.” She whispers. “You have to accept that, do you understand?”

I regain my composure as she pulls me back to look at me. “Yes.” I state, “I understand.”
♠ ♠ ♠
So... new idea? Support and see where its going.

-P