His Desire

i'd be lying if i said that i'm not terrified

With her cheek pressed against the bed and the quilt clenched tightly in both hands, Tina watched as the clock ticked slowly by. The grip on her hips seemed to increase as each minute passed and the now-familiar weight against her grew steadily heavier, but still she watched the clock. She knew what was happening, knew who was doing it to her, and yet she just felt nothing. There wasn't anything she could feel; it was easier to be passive, to know what was happening without letting it invade her thoughts and consume her. Part of her was beginning to accept her reality.

The hands moved from her hips and began to caress her breasts, making her close her eyes and finally break eye contact with the clock. The hands squeezed and agitated the bite marks that now adorned both breasts, making Tina open her eyes. "That's a good girl," her captor whispered, bringing his hands back to her hips and leaning forward to press a kiss to her cheek. His lips lingered against her skin and she could feel his breath warm her cheek, a subtle reminder that he had her trapped with no way to escape.

Her captor's grip on her hips increased, an indication that it was almost over, and when he was done he rested his torso completely on top of her and brought his hand up to her face to move a few strands of hair away from her eyes. "I enjoy that more and more each time," he said, withdrawing from her and getting off the bed. "You're getting there too, I can tell."

When she didn't answer he crouched down to withdraw something from where he had discarded his clothes. "Sit up," he said. She pulled her legs in close as she obeyed, waiting silently as he dressed. When he held his hand out for her to take what he had retrieved she just stared at him, her fingers digging into her knees. She could see the amusement on his face at her hesitation and it only increased when he decided to get back on the bed and force her between his legs, making her legs dangle off the edge of the bed as he placed an arm around her waist to pull her against him. "It really is something you need to open yourself."

Not wanting to risk his anger, Tina hesitantly took the tissue paper from his hand and held it in her shaking hands, not wanting to open it and see what new thing her captor was going to torment her with. She wanted to ask him what it was, to try and prolong unwrapping it, but that was what he wanted, and as much as she gave into his demands to save herself being beaten, she found she could not speak. The arm around her waist tightened slightly and she took that as a warning, slowly unfolding the paper as her fear heightened. When she had completely uncovered the small item her captor brought his other hand around her body and plucked it from the paper. The simplicity of it confused her and before she could attempt to guess what it meant, her left hand was grabbed and her eyes widened in horror as he slid it on one of her finger.

"I thought it was time you had something to remind you constantly that your life belongs to me," her captor said, dropping her hand and bringing his hand up to her throat. "I had the idea to get a collar and switch your chain to that, but they're not very nice to look at. And besides, a ring is such a more permanent reminder, don't you think?"

Were the bruises not enough? Did the short, uneven hair that she hated every time she saw it not provide a big enough reminder? How was the chain not seen as a constant taunt of her captivity? Even the fingers he broke were beginning to seem as if they would become a permanent reminder: she couldn't straight them completely and if she put too much pressure on them the pain was excruciating. While a ring seemed so small, so insignificant compared to everything else, it was the implication, the fact that he had put it on her ring finger that made it sickening.

"Oh dear," he whispered, placing his chin on her shoulder, "are you not going to thank me for your present? Don't disappoint me now, Tina."

"But I don't have anything for you," she murmured, unable to remove her gaze from the ring. Was he going to force the identity he'd created onto her? Beat her into becoming Lisa like he'd done to make her willing to do what he wanted? The shifting of the weight on her neck allowed Tina to absorb what she'd said and broke the hold the ring had over her.

"How thoughtful." Her captor pressed a kiss to her shoulder before removing himself from behind her, leaving her free to draw her knees to her chest for comfort.

He walked over to the door and her panic began to flare up. He was leaving her already? That wasn't what was supposed to happen. He never left this quickly unless she'd done something wrong. "Did I do something wrong?"

He stood by the door, taunting her with it being open yet completely inaccessible. "You're right. Don't worry, I won't be long." With that, he left the room, leaving her alone and naked on the bed. What happened to the constant desire to prolong her humiliation?

She sat there for a while, staring at the door while digging her fingers into her legs. He shouldn't have left, it wasn't time for her to be given this reprieve. Something was wrong. She must've done something wrong and now he wasn't going to come back, he was going to leave her to starve in this room and she won't have the chance to apologise and plead for forgiveness. Was it something she said? Was she not grateful enough? Not placid enough? The more she thought about it, the harder she dug her fingers into her thighs.

It took a while until she was able to move from the bed, part of her hoping he was going to return quickly to prove that she hadn't done anything wrong. Her dress was the first thing she picked up before she went into the bathroom and slowly sank onto the toilet. She stared at her hand for the entire time, her eyes transfixed to the ring that was mocking her in each passing second. She wanted to get up and flush it but knew that the moment her captor returned he would notice that it was missing and she would suffer. That went entirely against her need to remain as pain-less as possible.

When she was done she got up and approached the bath, cautiously stepping into it and sinking to the bottom. It was uncomfortable even with her dress providing a layer between her body and the tub but she needed somewhere to sit where she could curl into herself and there was nowhere other than the bed that she could do that. The chair her captor always sat on was never an option because it was his chair and while she might use it to stand on to reach something, she hadn't once sat on it. There was something about it being the seat her captor always used that stopped her from really considering it as anything that she could use in the room. It was as if it were part of him and she wanted as little contact with it as possible.

Tina didn't know how long he was going to be gone for and began to think up reasons as to why she was lying in the bath. The only thing she could think of was that her head felt a bit hot and splashing some water didn't do much so she'd decided to lay against the bath's cool surface. Part of her knew that if she said that then she'd be open to him suspecting her to be ill again and even with how he reacted last time, she didn't want to give him another chance to realise that he'd rather just cut his losses than deal with her being sick.

As she hugged herself for comfort she closed her eyes briefly and ended up falling asleep with her head tucked into her body. It was only when she awoke to find her captor kneeling over her in the bath that she realised she'd fallen asleep, the sudden appearance of him startling a scream in her throat which she managed to keep from seeping out as she stared up at him fearfully.

"You must have been very tired to have fallen asleep in the fifteen minutes I was gone," her captor said casually, running a hand down her cheek. "Makes me wonder what you were doing last night when you should have been sleeping."

"I didn't mean to--"

He placed a hand over her mouth and she stopped talking. "You say that all the time, that you didn't mean to, and to be frank with you I'm getting a little sick of hearing those words," he murmured, leaning down so that their noses were almost touching. "Now, try again."

She found it hard to swallow as he removed his hand and looked at her expectantly. "I-I couldn't sleep last night."

"See how simple that was?" He straightened himself and climbed out of the bath, motioning for her to follow. "As you felt bad for nothing having something to give me in return, I figured that you doing something for me would make up for that."

The weariness Tina felt walking into the bedroom only heightened by the fact that she couldn't see anything new in the room. What could she possibly do for him? The way he spoke made it sound like it was something she would be doing voluntarily, as if anything she did as his prisoner was because she wanted to. It was already hard to remember what it was like to live freely, her entire being now consumed with following what he said and making sure she did nothing that would anger him.

"As I'm feeling generous, I'm not going to request it now. In fact, I'm not sure when I'm going to want it, but I will eventually want it, so you don't need to worry about not having thanked me for you present," her captor said as he turned to face her. "However, you really should have told me that you had trouble sleeping last night. I would have let you sleep all day."

She was a little slow in understanding what he was saying. "I'm fine, I promise. I'm not too tired for you," she replied, taking a small step towards him. "Really, I'm not. I only got in the bath because I was hot, not to sleep."

"You know I care about you, Tina, and I know you better than yourself. So take off your dress and get into bed." He turned away from her and sorted out the quilt on the bed, letting her know that he was serious. She really hadn't meant to fall asleep and now it was backfiring on her. "I hope you're undressing."

Tina took off her dress and wrapped her arms across her chest. "Will you still be coming this evening?" she asked quietly.

Her captor turned and motioned for her to get on the bed, watching her as she slowly crawled onto it before he covered her with the quilt. He brought his hand up to her face and gently ran his fingers through her hair. "I know you enjoy my visits, but not if you're that tired. I'll see you in the morning."

She watched as he left the room. A pang of hunger made her bring her knees up to her chest and wrap her arms around them. He wasn't coming back for dinner and she blamed herself for the loss of food.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's been over a year. I've now finished my second year at university, and I try to forget my awful first year because it went straight downhill after the last chapter, and I suppose this year's been my attempt at getting back to where I was before, back when I was managing. There's no doubt that this chapter reflects that, simply because I began writing it the day after I posted the last chapter and it's been a struggle to reconnect since then, and I rewrote and rewrote but nothing I did helped. To me, this isn't the best for this story but it's the best of what I could do, and maybe I'll rewrite this specific chapter once I'm fully balanced again (and if I do I'll let you know), but for now it's done and I'm hoping that this perceived steadiness that I'm feeling isn't just a facade because not being able to write for well over a year has been awful. Even if what I write doesn't make it on Mibba, I normally have an almost consist at least once a week writing spat, but I've written nothing for the entire last year and I think not writing makes it worse even though I physically and mentally could not bring myself to do anything creative or enjoyable like that.

So, yeah. I'm hoping that I'm back to writing. I miss it. I need it. And here's hoping this summer and my third year are just building on second year and not just another bleak period for me.

Also day 200 of Tina's captivity.