Status: complete ~ see oohyaychicken.tumblr.com for information of its updates

Scars Don't Heal When You Keep Cutting

Chapter Ten

The best part of the school day, lunch, in my favorite classroom, Ms. King’s room. Sounds nice. She even said that Sam could come with us, which is pretty great too.

Ben and I are waiting by the cafeteria door for Sam. I scan the room for him, I’m pretty sure I saw him walk in here but I don’t see him anymore. My eyes stop scanning when I see him standing by a table with five people sitting at. He’s talking to them, then he looks over at Ben and I and smiles before pointing at us. Ben’s not one for having attention on him, so I’m not surprised when he moves to hide himself behind me a bit. All of his friends turn to look at us and smile, a few of them waving. I smile and wave back at the friendly teenagers.

Sam finally makes his way over to us afterwards, greeting us when he does get here. We walk to Ms. King’s class, and Sam says something.

“Ben, the girls said that you were cute,” Sam chuckles, then chuckles some more when he blushes. No surprise there either.

“I-I don’t see how,” Ben replies to him.

“You don’t see how? You’re fucking adorable, Ben!” Sam laughs as he ruffles his fluffy hair a bit, making Ben blush even more.

“I agree on that,” I add.

“Awh, come on, Ben! You know we're right!" Sam laughs.

"I refuse!" Ben says as we approach the classroom. We walk in and sit at our table, the one closest to the door. Ms. King didn't seem to notice us come in as she continues scrolling through her laptop as she nibbles on an apple.

"Uh, hey, Ms. King," I greet her, gaining her attention. She smiles at us.

"Hey, guys!" she greets back before going back to whatever she was looking at.

“What’re you doing?” Sam asks her, turning in his chair to straddle it, facing the teacher.

“I’m on Tumblr,” she answers, taking another bite off her apple.

“You have Tumblr?” he asks excitedly. “Do you follow for follow?”

“No. I take it that you want me to follow you, then?”

“Yeah.”

“Okay,” Ms. King responds as she grabs a small tablet off her desk along with a pen, scribbling something down on it before holding it out. Sam goes to retrieve it.

“I’ll follow you when I get home,” Sam tells her as he comes back over to sit in front of us again.

“Did you really just get Ms. King’s Tumblr?” I ask as I raise an eyebrow, amused by what just went down.

“Shamelessly,” he answers as he folds the small sheet of paper and tucking it in his pocket. I roll my eyes as I get up to go take a piss.