Status: complete ~ see oohyaychicken.tumblr.com for information of its updates

Scars Don't Heal When You Keep Cutting

Chapter Twenty One

Ben’s phone buzzes for the umpteenth time today, causing him to scowl miserably at it as he unlocks his screen. Everytime I ask him about it, he just waves me off and tells me that it’s nothing serious and that I shouldn’t worry about it.

I start to worry about it anyways when he suddenly locks his phone and puts it on the floor before getting up and leaving the room, going across the hall and locks himself in the bathroom. I frown as I watch him go before averting my attention to the phone sitting on the floor next to me. I grab his phone and turn it on, groaning when it asks me to enter the passcode. I’ve watched him type in his passcode a few times, but I can’t fucking remember it all of a sudden. I know that it started with a six… and I recall a couple twos, and a one.

I try a few combinations, until I tap in 6-2-1-2 and get in. I start to smirk at my victory, but it falters when it brings me to the messaging app. Apparently, he was fucking texting DJ of all people. I start reading their messages from today so I can see what was bothering Ben so much.

DJ: heyy bby

Ben: Don’t talk to me.

DJ: but u kno i miss u bby


I raise an eyebrow at that, already feeling rage (and maybe even jealousy) starting to slowly consume me.

Ben: Idc. Don’t talk to me.

DJ: awe y so stubborn? ;)

Ben: Leave me alone or I’ll tell Danny.

DJ: danny doesnt want u lol

Ben: Omg just stop fucking texting me please.

DJ: y do u even want him when u can have me?

Ben: Because he’s a thousand times better than you’ll ever be.


Wait, so… Is he saying he likes me?

“Holy fuck, Danny!” Ben screams, scaring the shit out of me. Ben runs over and snatches the phone from me before I could finish reading the rest of their conversation.

“Hey, Benny!” I say, trying to make this less awkward, but to no avail.

“Why were you reading my texts?!”

“They were bothering you and you wouldn’t tell me what was wrong so I got worried,” I answer him sheepishly.

“Fuck, Danny, how much did you read? I swear I locked my phone,” he mutters quietly as he scrolls through the messages, his face turning a shade of red from embarrassment.

“Uh… To where you said you liked me...”

Oh.

“Yeah… Do you really like me, or were you just trying to make DJ leave you alone?”

“I do like you, Danny,” he admits, risking a glance at me. I offer a reassuring smile,

“The feelings are mutual, Benji,” I finally admit after all this time.

“Y-you do?” he asks me hopefully, searching my eyes with his own wide ones. I can’t help but chuckle at the fragile boy sitting next to me.

Of course I do, Benji. You’re so cute.”

He then smiles one of the widest, brightest smiles I’ve ever seen, and he doesn’t even attempt to hide it from me this time.

And this is the day we shared our first kiss.
♠ ♠ ♠
i. suck. at. kissing. scenes. as you guys can see above xD